You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

Strauss gets his first ton in 18 months, should do him the World of good for the rest of this summer. Class knock as well.

I was at Lords yesterday on a works jolly. We were in the Captains lounge and met Mike Gatting, Paul Collingwood and Alec Stewart. Gatting and Collingwood were brilliant, very friendly, happy to chat and relive old glories. I asked Colly about 'that' catch and he said the second it hit his hand he knew it was sticking and that as he was falling to the ground he was smiling and knew theyd win.

Stewart on the other hand was a twat, arrogant and miserable. I asked him what it was like to face the old West Indian attack knowing they'd be aiming at him & trying to hit him. He just looked at me like I was thick and said he didn't care because he had a bit of wood to hit the ball with.

Guest Pistonbroke
The wicket any good, mate? Got bored and switched to the IPL for a bit.

Not many demons in it mate, pretty flat with the odd ball staying low/bouncing a tad higher, but that could be due to the seam of the ball more than the pitch. Strauss gets his ton, Pietersen at the crease with us dominating = fireworks imo.

Not many demons in it mate, pretty flat with the odd ball staying low/bouncing a tad higher, but that could be due to the seam of the ball more than the pitch. Strauss gets his ton, Pietersen at the crease with us dominating = fireworks imo.

Sorry, should have been clearer, just meant Trott's dismissal.

Guest Pistonbroke
I was at Lords yesterday on a works jolly. We were in the Captains lounge and met Mike Gatting, Paul Collingwood and Alec Stewart. Gatting and Collingwood were brilliant, very friendly, happy to chat and relive old glories. I asked Colly about 'that' catch and he said the second it hit his hand he knew it was sticking and that as he was falling to the ground he was smiling and knew theyd win.

Stewart on the other hand was a twat, arrogant and miserable. I asked him what it was like to face the old West Indian attack knowing they'd be aiming at him & trying to hit him. He just looked at me like I was thick and said he didn't care because he had a bit of wood to hit the ball with.

Sort of sums up what i thought he'd be like, always comes over as a miserable/kind of unfriendly person. Nice jolly if you can get on one mate.

Guest Pistonbroke
Sorry, should have been clearer, just meant Trott's dismissal.

hahaha...np's. He tried to drive to a better Sammy ball and edged it behind.

Guest Pistonbroke
Thanks mate. Can't believe Sammy has taken a wicket. I'd be happy facing his bowling all day, same with Samuels.

None of their attack looks overly frightening, i suppose Edwards is a very good bowler if he is on top of his game but looks to be carrying an injury still and pretty toothless. He's erratic at the best of times anyway, unless he is in a team on top, then his bowling can be devastating.

Agreed about Colly. I met him in a pub in Durham once a few years ago. Cracking fella, you'd struggle to meet a professional sportsman so affable.

Guest Pistonbroke

New ball due, if one wicket goes down more will follow quickly imo. I'd feel comfortable with us chasing 250 against this Windies attack on which is still a very good wicket for batting, think we'll end up chasing about 180 myself..maybe a bit less.