You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Henderson was quietly doing his part, as far as I could see. You can't expect a youngster to come in and be the superstar of the team. He has never been and will never be a tricky right winger. I see him as a future Jamie Redknapp with more pace and more rapid passing -- the things that I wish Jamie had.

I personally think Kenny has been giving him so many games,because when Stevie comes back he will be on the bench, waiting for his turn. So please get off Jordan's back if you are a supporter.

Not getting on his back mate at all by saying he's shit and a bit of a fanny. Weve been here before with people saying the Le Tallecs, Cheyrou's and so on are going to be world class blah, blah.

Gerrard must be turning is his grave to see such players pretending to represent LFC, itll be bloody good to have him back thats all I can say. I wont get on this lads back while hes on the pitch cos I dont expect any real input from him so I dont need to scream obscenities but I'll will need to call it as I see it with all players regardless of nationality this lad has no craft to his play. Hes not a great passer and his vision is shit, he's got legs which is a start but players like Redknapp, Murphy had talent I dont see it with Hendo.

Guest SpiderLucas
Its not bullshit, its a good account of where we are now. Technique? In doing what, running up and down looking clueless? Hes done nothing of note whatsoever and is a million miles away from looking like a real LFC player. Aquilani and Mereiles are better players in the centre, Charlie Adam is a better option as is Lucas, he's about the level of Spearing and Connor Coady is amuch better prospect. Hes shit.

Meireles and Aquilani are also much older so that’s another stupid comment; Carroll isn’t even close to being as much as a prospect as Hendo.

You’ve seen fuck all from him because he’s out of position, he’s a centre midfielder. Play Adam on the left and see how shit he’d be.

Hendo would be a better option than Adam in the middle, he’s already better now than Adam and he’s years younger.

Meireles and Aquilani are also much older so that’s another stupid comment; Carroll isn’t even close to being as much as a prospect as Hendo.

You’ve seen fuck all from him because he’s out of position, he’s a centre midfielder. Play Adam on the left and see how shit he’d be.

Hendo would be a better option than Adam in the middle, he’s already better now than Adam and he’s years younger.

No. Sorry hes not. My little sister is younger than Merieles, means nothing at all. Carroll not even close? Considering we paid an extra £20m more for Carrol I'd like to think he is a better prospect or you are a WUM.

Hes been, when playing at CM and will continually be shit no matter where he is played, unlike Gerrard and other true world class players who would look ace whereever they played. Hes not better than Adam now, hes not better than Lucas now (Who plays regularly for Brasil and can actually put his foot in now and then.) and its laughable to suggest otherwise.

What you see in him I have no idea, let me guess, empty 'technique' by the bucketload, whatever that is?

He is nothing like Carrick who actually has a bit of a passing range even if he needs time on the ball to do it, likewise Lampard who has to ability to actually be a goal threat. Both players were well established, influencing games regularly by their 20's.

When you see world class players like Inesta or Xavi or Xabi or Gerrard or a young Busquets and then look at 'Hendo' its clear we are comparing apples and oranges.

Edited by dennis tooth

Guest SpiderLucas
No. Sorry hes not. My little sister is younger than Merieles, means nothing at all. Carroll not even close? Considering we paid an extra £20m more for Carrol I'd like to think he is a better prospect or you are a WUM.

Hes been, when playing at CM and will continually be shit no matter where he is played, unlike Gerrard and other true world class players who would look ace whereever they played. Hes not better than Adam now, hes not better than Lucas now (Who plays regularly for Brasil and can actually put his foot in now and then.) and its laughable to suggest otherwise.

What you see in him I have no idea, let me guess, empty 'technique' by the bucketload, whatever that is?

He is nothing like Carrick who actually has a bit of a passing range even if he needs time on the ball to do it, likewise Lampard who has to ability to actually be a goal threat. Both players were well established, influencing games regularly by their 20's.

When you see world class players like Inesta or Xavi or Xabi or Gerrard or a young Busquets and then look at 'Hendo' its clear we are comparing apples and oranges.

I don’t care what we paid for him, it’s just makes him more of a flop. Did you watch Henderson at Sunderland? He was picked by England based on his performances in the CENTRE of the field. What don’t you fucking understand about that? You haven’t seen him perform as he’s always being played out of position!

He’s already better than Carrick and Adam, I’d be disappointed if he was to be a player like Carrick because he’s already better and will continue to improve.

Being younger does make a difference, he hasn’t fully developed as a player and gained some of the abilities you can only get by experience, give the lad a chance and get a clue about football and what it is to be talented.

I don’t care what we paid for him, it’s just makes him more of a flop. Did you watch Henderson at Sunderland? He was picked by England based on his performances in the CENTRE of the field. What don’t you fucking understand about that? You haven’t seen him perform as he’s always being played out of position!

He’s already better than Carrick and Adam, I’d be disappointed if he was to be a player like Carrick because he’s already better and will continue to improve.

Being younger does make a difference, he hasn’t fully developed as a player and gained some of the abilities you can only get by experience, give the lad a chance and get a clue about football and what it is to be talented.

You're annoying and smug and I have taken a dislike to you.

Also, Henderson played plenty of times for Sunderland on the right of midfield, and only got any kind of extended run in the centre when Cattermole was injured/ suspended.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I can see you are getting confused now, let me rephrase and recap on what Ive said: Hes shit. He got picked for England but so did Lee Hendrie. Yes I saw him playing CM for Sunderland a good few times and lo and behold he was still shit.

He is no way better than Carrick, Hendo hasnt given one performance that is better than the level Carrick consistently plays at since he has been playing in the Premiership. Not one.

He can have all he experience in the world mate as can my little sister, its not going to give him what he hasnt got already. Danny Murphy was twice the player this lad is and he wasnt good enough for us. Hendo is a first division player or a mid table anonymity who should try to get as many under 21 caps as he can for England before disappearing into obscurity.

Give us a clue then mate, name one thing he does better than the CM's we already have at the club? Watch Gerrard, Alonso or even Adam when he is on form, strike a ball, thats technique mate not bobbing about the field with a stupid expression plastered all over your chevy chase.

Edited by dennis tooth

Guest SpiderLucas
Can people stop saying he's a central midfielder please? Thanks!

Don't know where people have gotten that idea from.

He played 2 seasons in centre midfield for Sunderland and played for England in centre midfield, plus he’s a centre midfielder on FIFA 12, so that just proves he’s is as video games never lie!

Guest SpiderLucas
Ok, I can see you are getting confused now, let me rephrase and recap on what Ive said: Hes shit. He got picked for England but so did Lee Hendrie. Yes I saw him playing CM for Sunderland a good few times and lo and behold he was still shit.

He is no way better than Carrick, Hendo hasnt given one performance that is better than the level Carrick consistently plays at since he has been playing in the Premiership. Not one.

He can have all he experience in the world mate as can my little sister, its not going to give him what he hasnt got already. Danny Murphy was twice the player this lad is and he wasnt good enough for us. Hendo is a first division player or a mid table anonymity who should try to get as many under 21 caps as he can for England before disappearing into obscurity.

Give us a clue then mate, name one thing he does better than the CM's we already have at the club? Watch Gerrard, Alonso or even Adam when he is on form, strike a ball, thats technique mate not bobbing about the field with a stupid expression plastered all over your chevy chase.

He faster than Adam, which isn’t hard. He has much better technique and he’s more intelligent, not to mention the fact he can actually move his own body weight around the field.

Comparing him to Lucas isn’t viable as they both play different role and are completely different.

He isn’t shit, he wasn’t shit for Sunderland either, your just a cunt who thinks because he isn’t “well ard’” he’s shite, but he isn’t I can’t wait until he’s one of the best midfielders in Europe and then you can fuck off with your shit opinions on him.

He faster than Adam, which isn’t hard. He has much better technique and he’s more intelligent, not to mention the fact he can actually move his own body weight around the field.

Comparing him to Lucas isn’t viable as they both play different role and are completely different.

He isn’t shit, he wasn’t shit for Sunderland either, your just a cunt who thinks because he isn’t “well ard’” he’s shite, but he isn’t I can’t wait until he’s one of the best midfielders in Europe and then you can fuck off with your shit opinions on him.

Right well, he may be faster than Adam but he is a shitter passer, whihc negates his strong point a little cos we brought Adam in not to run fast or tackle but to but to put his foot on the ball and get the team playing, likewise he may run a bit more than Lucas but doesnt even attempt to put a foot in.

What you have got yourself there is a bit of a pointless player whose strengths are not applicable to making a difference in a top level game.

And still I cant fathom what you see in him, all I got was he can move his bodyweight around the pitch, and I already was aware of that 'talent' he has for moving around the pitch.

Dont get me wrong, he'd make a cracking linesman or referee Im sure. As for not being 'well ard', you dont have to be hard to put your foot in, particularly when you've spent the previous 90 mins doing not much else. Kelly was exposed numerous times. As a centre mid he is a liability I wouldnt trust him with the most important position on the pitch when he cant even be arsed to cover his fullback now and then. Hes not playing there cos he's not good enough.

He was shit at Sunderland hence not being a very important player for them and no one else of note being in for him. An England cap means nothing in this day and age either.

He doesnt fucking deserve to be within 10 metres of centre mid at Liverpool there should be some sort of injunction taken out against it. We have a slightly higher bar here than what he's shown so far.

Enjoy your waiting game cocksucker, he will never be good enough to play regular for a mediocre England team never mind be 'one of the best' in Europe, you must be off your face on Angel dust. I have never in my life heard someone say something so funny and beleive it, your like a deluded bitter. Jack Rodwell is a better player than this lad and he truely is shit, they both belong to the Jermaine Jenas academy of shitbag centre mids.

Guest SpiderLucas
You're annoying and smug and I have taken a dislike to you.

Also, Henderson played plenty of times for Sunderland on the right of midfield, and only got any kind of extended run in the centre when Cattermole was injured/ suspended.

Thats wrong because somebody has just posted stats which showed he played more games in the centre, and why on earth would I give a shit what your opinion is of me?

Guest SpiderLucas

What a complete blag, I’ve already told you what I see in him. His movement, vision, passing ability, crossing, and technique as well as being calm on the ball. Its fine, I’ll let all slate him then in 4 years when we’re all singing his name and he’s an England regular, you can come back and admit you were wrong.

Well, I can't agree with all of Tactics Truck's/ tooth/ whoever's post - I think Rodwell is a very good player - but the Horrenderson making a good linesman is both funny and sadly accurate.

He can run. For quite some time. But he doesn't seem to have much else to recommend him.

And as a CM (which he is apparently) the mentality required to take control of a game and bend the outcome to your own will, requires a mindset that players like Gerrard, McMahon, Souness, Vieira, Petit, Hamann, Alonso have/ had in spades.

Jordan looks like the sort of player who would never seek that responsibilty.

He's a mouse.

When the likes of Gerrard was three years younger than Henderson is now, he was already bossing games, smashing into players, thumping in shots, TAKING RRESPONSIBILITY.

For SpiderClown to claim that Henderson will be one of the best CM players in Europe simply beggars belief. He'll never even be the best CM in Merseyside.

What a complete blag, I’ve already told you what I see in him. His movement, vision, passing ability, crossing, and technique as well as being calm on the ball. Its fine, I’ll let all slate him then in 4 years when we’re all singing his name and he’s an England regular, you can come back and admit you were wrong.

I hope so. I hope I am completely in the wrong and he's better than Messi.

See you on Hope street.

no point - seeing him in the middle has been bad enough lately.

Well, I can't agree with all of Tactics Truck's/ tooth/ whoever's post - I think Rodwell is a very good player - but the Horrenderson making a good linesman is both funny and sadly accurate.

He can run. For quite some time. But he doesn't seem to have much else to recommend him.

And as a CM (which he is apparently) the mentality required to take control of a game and bend the outcome to your own will, requires a mindset that players like Gerrard, McMahon, Souness, Vieira, Petit, Hamann, Alonso have/ had in spades.

He's a mouse.

When the likes of Gerrard was three years younger than Henderson is now, he was already bossing games, smashing into players, thumping in shots, TAKING RRESPONSIBILITY.

For SpiderClown to claim that Henderson will be one of the best CM players in Europe simply beggars belief. He'll never even be the best CM in Merseyside.

Rodwell is a 'good' player, as is Jenas, however they will never be great players. They dont impose themselves as they should and possibly could with a better head on their shoulders. Physically they have everything and they also have decent technique, they just dont have the mentality required to be top level players, they get to certain level and coast as they are happy with that.

Players like Gerrard keep pushing themselves that extra few per cent in games and training I imagine. Thats what makes top players, many in the game have the physical ability and the skill but few are willing to push themselves that far.

Guest SpiderLucas

He's a mouse.

This is funny; Kenny saw something in him, as did one of the greatest club managers Capello. I don’t see many right midfielders “smashing into players” once you’ve seen him have a run in the centre of midfielder for a great side like ours, come back and pass judgement.

He’s already one of the best CM in Merseyside.

He is still very young. Hopefully, he will turn out to be a player like Cleverley has done.

Let's not forget that it's not easy joining a club like Liverpool where there is infinitely more pressure and expectation than he has so far had to deal with or experienced, not to mention some seriously big personalities and names in the team he's now playing in.

The first team experience he is getting will be invaluable. However, it's difficult to abide when he's such a passenger.