You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Guest SpiderLucas
Everyone knows what he is. A decent, dependable winger with a very good left foot who we overpaid for.

Doesn't score huge amounts, isn't massively quick or full of tricks, so will never be at the level of Ronaldo, Nani, Mata or Young, and isn't as adaptable as the aforementioned players.

He isn’t a winger, he’s a centre midfielder.

He’s a centre midfielder who will become one of the best in Europe. What have you seen in him which makes him a winger?

He isn’t a winger, he’s a centre midfielder.

He’s a centre midfielder who will become one of the best in Europe. What have you seen in him which makes him a winger?

Huh? Silver is talking about Downing and you're talking about Henderson.

Done well today. He even won a tackle.

Just think he needs to be introduced to the side gradually, over a period of time. I think it'll help his confidence. He's definitely a centre midfielder, he looks far more comfortable centrally. I also think it will help the rest of the midfield having someone with the quality of Stevie back in there pulling the strings.

Is a top quality player. I will enjoy watching him for the next 10 years. Fantastic young player.

I concur. He was really good last night. I saw his interview on .tv yesterday saying he was going to be more positive with the ball and he certainly was last night. I've felt before he was trying to hard to do nothing wrong, rather than doing something right (if that makes sense) but he was forward thinking in nearly everything he did and it was a peach of a cross for the winner.

His first touch and the weight of his passes are outstanding. He also gives it first time wherever possible.

One criticism I had of him in the 2nd half though was he was coming inside looking for the ball and bunching up the play a bit.

It would have probably worked better if Johnson was playing and could have taken advantage of the space behind him but as Kelly is a bit more reserved in that area, we didn't really advance down the right as much.

Thats a minor quibble though. Best display for us so far IMO.

He should be playing in the middle instead of Charlie Adam and not stuck out on the right. If Kenny thinks he isn't good enough for the centre of midfield he shouldn't have bought him and should have spent the money on a winger instead. He will make a very good player with a more positive attitude and played in the right position

Guest SpiderLucas

Finally people are coming around to Jordan Henderson, I still stand by my claim he will be one of the top 5 attacking midfielders in Europe within 5 years.

I’d like to see him and Gerrard given free rains of the midfield with Spearing sat behind them. Imagine that a dominant, all English midfield 3. Starting with West Brom away.

Finally people are coming around to Jordan Henderson, I still stand by my claim he will be one of the top 5 attacking midfielders in Europe within 5 years.

I’d like to see him and Gerrard given free rains of the midfield with Spearing sat behind them. Imagine that a dominant, all English midfield 3. Starting with West Brom away.

Who cares if it's "all-English"?

Guest SpiderLucas
Who cares if it's "all-English"?

A lot of people, I’d prefer it to be all Mexican if that meant us winning the league, but some people moan when we don’t have enough British talent. It’s how we’ve ended up spending extortionate amounts of money on average players.

A lot of people, I’d prefer it to be all Mexican if that meant us winning the league, but some people moan when we don’t have enough British talent. It’s how we’ve ended up spending extortionate amounts of money on average players.

Right, but you want an all-english midfield anyway?

You're a confused man.