You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Five Pound Football Club. Please read.

withnail71

If you have not heard of this, basically it is a chance for football fans from all over to invest in,support, and partake in the running of a football club. From all the non league clubs in the uk and Ireland, my town, Monmouth Town Fc has been chosen as the benefactor. It only costs £5 to join, and the cash will be absolutely massive for us, i mean massive !!

We are currently top of Welsh division 2, after 3 successive promotions.

Please, join the £5 football club and Support Monmouth Town, the mighty kingfishers, in their bid for Welsh first division status, and who knows, maybe even champions league !

The Five Pound Football Club community

Home - Monmouth Town AFC

This is the third club over the last 4 years i've heard doing the samething, in some cases it a donation, in one of the clubs the share is only a year long. in which you need to renew.... i can't think of the clubs name.... but this isn't new, also in one you pay £35 & you are share holder.

This is the third club over the last 4 years i've heard doing the samething, in some cases it a donation, in one of the clubs the share is only a year long. in which you need to renew.... i could think of the clubs name, but this isn't new, in one you pay £35 & you are share holder.
its new for monmouth Town Fc.For the sake of a fiver its a brilliant idea.

247 views. not one person has coughed up a fiver. Tight fisted fuckers !!!!!!

I have a second team. I am sure you will get people involved, but I am not sending any money because I don't want to, nothing to do with being tight.

I would even go so far as to recommend using that fiver for this willowswish.org.uk , and help Tom R's niece have an operation to help her to walk unaided.

I would even go so far as to recommend using that fiver for this willowswish.org.uk , and help Tom R's niece have an operation to help her to walk unaided.

Indeed.

While I want to see proper grass roots teams continue and be supported it means the square root of fuck all compared to things like that.

One of the main reasons I really couldn't stand to see us sign N'Zogbia (apart from the fact he is a total twat of course) it that last summer on the same day I read in the paper he turned down a move somewhere because he wanted £10k a week more than he had been offered the paper also had an article about a young girl wanting something similar to Tom's niece which would cost £40k.

Just show's how fucked up the world is to me when a man turns down a job for the sake of not being able to earn the extra in a month the amount of money it would take to let someone walk for the first time.

Indeed.

While I want to see proper grass roots teams continue and be supported it means the square root of fuck all compared to things like that.

One of the main reasons I really couldn't stand to see us sign N'Zogbia (apart from the fact he is a total twat of course) it that last summer on the same day I read in the paper he turned down a move somewhere because he wanted £10k a week more than he had been offered the paper also had an article about a young girl wanting something similar to Tom's niece which would cost £40k.

Just show's how fucked up the world is to me when a man turns down a job for the sake of not being able to earn the extra in a month the amount of money it would take to let someone walk for the first time.

It isn't N'Zogbia's fault its like that, he didn't set it up the way it is now. Football is in a bad way regards to money. It's something i try not to think about. It's hard not to. We thought it was bad when Abramovich came in, but that is nothing to what City have done. Problem is it has proved effective.

It isn't N'Zogbia's fault its like that, he didn't set it up the way it is now. Football is in a bad way regards to money. It's something i try not to think about. It's hard not to. We thought it was bad when Abramovich came in, but that is nothing to what City have done. Problem is it has proved effective.

I know that, I just can't separate the two as I read them in the same day. The fact I was already well aware of him being a complete and utter bellend probably doesn't help.

I think in my case it's just the fact you have someone like him moaning because he wants £10k more a week then see something like Tom's niece (and there are many more in similar situations) and can't help but see the footballer as nothing but a cunt who is so stupid he can't see how unbelievably fortunate he really is.

Like you I try to avoid paying attention to the money side but it's always getting referenced so hard to avoid completely. If Kenny hadn't come back I think I would have been done with football now.

If you have not heard of this, basically it is a chance for football fans from all over to invest in,support, and partake in the running of a football club. From all the non league clubs in the uk and Ireland, my town, Monmouth Town Fc has been chosen as the benefactor. It only costs £5 to join, and the cash will be absolutely massive for us, i mean massive !!

We are currently top of Welsh division 2, after 3 successive promotions.

Please, join the £5 football club and Support Monmouth Town, the mighty kingfishers, in their bid for Welsh first division status, and who knows, maybe even champions league !

The Five Pound Football Club community

Home - Monmouth Town AFC

Not interested in investing the fiver as I'm already a part-owner of my local club .Just wanted to offer reassarance that the model can work ,provided those elected from the ranks have nouse about them

176 of us chipped in together 2 years ago and eventually took over Irish premier club Cork City FC.We were demoted to the first and took full control ,and since then have a very healthy club ,chasing promotion and in a League cup final.It is possible to make a success of the model