You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I agree we need a player like that. But we've got Gerrard, who is better at all of those things. Whether he gets deployed in there is another question.

Molby was a sublime player. A better passer than Alonso who scored goals and could beat people with skill despite having the pace and manoeuvrability of a reluctant glacier. Fatter than Adam, even if Adam had Steve McMahon stuffed down the front of his shirt, but better than both of them.

I never had McMahon down as brilliant. He was a poor man's Souness.

I think he was hugely underrated and we missed him massively when he left.

A superb player and you are doing him a disservice. Imagine McMahon at the same age as Lucas is now. Ten times the footballer. He was a proto-Gerrard, not a poor man's Souness; more goals too

I think he was hugely underrated and we missed him massively when he left.

A superb player and you are doing him a disservice. Imagine McMahon at the same age as Lucas is now. Ten times the footballer. He was a proto-Gerrard, not a poor man's Souness; more goals too

Opinions, eh? I always remember seeing him as a definite trade-down when Souness buggered off to Sampdoria. Souness was imperious. McMahon was hardworking. He never dominated the midfield in the way Souness could. He never had the pace, dynamism or energy to be compared to Gerrard (despite that oft-shown clip of him chasing out to the touchline to retrieve the ball for a scoring move).

10 times the player Lucas is? Nah. No more than 4.

[YOUTUBE]AOkZOcMjBe4[/YOUTUBE]

Alot of people say this is the best Liverpool goal they have seen,maybe because it was something to do with this goal never really been shown on tv,or maybe it was the best goal scored by a Liverpool player.

Kenny said probably the most natural two footed player he had seen.

Could play midfield,sweeper and central defender.Probably our best player in the double winning season,scoring 21 goals.

Turned the cup final against Everton that season with one of the best second half performances I ever seen from a Liverpool player.

Could shoot from and score from any distance or angle,probably one of the best penalty takers of all time.

Without doubt the greatest passer of a ball I have seen play for us.

Only problem was his weight,he found it hard to keep fit,he had 38 inch waist.

Guest San Don
It's now about a list of past players who he doesn't resemble very much at all.

Fuck, I hate the time between season end and season start.

That was a great Jan Molby goal against the Mancs. I get the feeling now that anyone who was at that game (and there seems to have been about 120,000 at it going by bar room chat) is now slightly disappointed that they have finally shown the footage of that goal as it kind of spoils the whole story. As the myth grew and grew it became the greatest goal ever scored and I couldn’t tell you how many people have told me that they were at that game and they’ll never see a better goal in their lifetimes. Maybe even in their own heads they convinced themselves it was the best goal ever. It’s a belter all right, but it’s not our best goal.

[YOUTUBE]AOkZOcMjBe4[/YOUTUBE]

Fucking awesome, and against the Mancs too, picked a good time to pull that off!

Am sure I saw Molby a decent bit on videos I had as a kid and on the tv, because I can remember him being a great player. Weird aswell because when people were calling Adam fat I thought of Molby often. Am wondering if Kenny sees a bit of Molby and a bit of Xabi in Adam, and if he can be like either of those players then it's obviously going to work out well and we should get him signed asap.

The only other thing is, would Adam eventually replace Lucas? Especially if Kenny sees a bit of Molby in Adam and wants to try playing him in a similar way, maybe he'll try him out as a type of holding mid that can also pass and get forward if he wants to?

He could actually be a great player for us and might be surprising a lot of people if he arrives, just got to get some deal acceptable to Oyston, who's clearly a bit gone in the head. Saying that though cash + Shelvey on loan could be fine as he'd probably do a great job of covering for him.

Never had any idea Molby would sometimes play back in defence either, that's pretty interesting.

Reds agree Adam deal

6th Jul 2011 - Latest News

Liverpool Football Club today announced they have reached agreement with Blackpool for the transfer of Charlie Adam.

The player will now travel to Merseyside for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

Author: Liverpoolfc.tv