You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

More bold leadership during a national crisis:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rail-strikes-still-on-after-pay-offer-is-rejected-t6t38nzwz

After Britain’s biggest rail union rejected a pay offer, Starmer refused to take sides, saying he would not say “one side’s right, one side’s wrong”.

But he told ITV’s Good Morning Britain: “Both sides need to compromise, both sides need to finish the negotiations and the government needs to drive them forward.”

Arguing that the Labour-led Welsh government had been able to avoid strikes, he said: “The government’s been sitting on its hands in this. That’s not good enough. And I think if you look at the example of Wales, you can see that with a different approach this could be resolved.”

While avoiding specifics, he said: “If you have a Labour government, we would get people round the table and resolve these issues”.

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Red Phoenix

Your people need you man!

They're striking this month and next month. My issue in the US was that they were blocked from striking by congress. I've tried to avoid starting all that off again and left the Biden thread. I'll post back though if I see that Biden caves in and does an executive order to help or see that wildcats are planned. I've been checking every so often but don't see any signs of much happening.

I hope the strikes over here go well obviously and show the Tories up even more for the idiots that they are. Was watching a couple of clips of Mick Lynch on twitter earlier too, seems like a sound guy.

To be honest after my experience in the last 24 hours I couldn't be less suprised that staff in all these organisations have reached the end of their tether, this country is absolutely fucking broken isn't it? I mean a lot of the time you could be forgiven for not noticing it but then you actually go to use something and you're like: fucking hell, this doesn't work remotely like it's supposed to?

Been a bit under the weather the last couple of weeks but haven't thought anything of it, figured I'd just get better. Travelled up to Newcastle for work yesterday evening - journey took five hours. Associated signal failures, lack of staff and then cable theft. Today I feel absolutely rotten and my boss sent me to the walk in centre. Sat for two and a half hours to see a nurse practitioner who said I'll need antibiotics but in order to get them I'll need to see the doctor. Warning: they're very busy. That was three hours ago, and I'm still waiting. Nobody is going in because the major injuries centre next door is absolutely heaving.

I'm partially saying this for a bit of a rant but also it's just made me think. I'm fucked with this after being plugged into it for less than 12 hours; imagine this being your life, being sent out to prop up a broken and failing system, getting paid fuck all to do it and then go home and worry like fuck about being able to afford to put food on the table? Fuck that. There isn't a person on the frontline or supporting them who's to blame for all of this and I don't blame a single one of them.

Streeting is right - and I don't say that a lot tbh - but the Tories will absolutely love these strikes. Get some new innocents to portray as villains and some new excuses for their own mess, and go and hide in the fridges. All while we're starting to see how many hands have been in the tills all along. I don't think we've ever need a change of government more.

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, Manny said:

To be honest after my experience in the last 24 hours I couldn't be less suprised that staff in all these organisations have reached the end of their tether, this country is absolutely fucking broken isn't it? I mean a lot of the time you could be forgiven for not noticing it but then you actually go to use something and you're like: fucking hell, this doesn't work remotely like it's supposed to?

Been a bit under the weather the last couple of weeks but haven't thought anything of it, figured I'd just get better. Travelled up to Newcastle for work yesterday evening - journey took five hours. Associated signal failures, lack of staff and then cable theft. Today I feel absolutely rotten and my boss sent me to the walk in centre. Sat for two and a half hours to see a nurse practitioner who said I'll need antibiotics but in order to get them I'll need to see the doctor. Warning: they're very busy. That was three hours ago, and I'm still waiting. Nobody is going in because the major injuries centre next door is absolutely heaving.

I'm partially saying this for a bit of a rant but also it's just made me think. I'm fucked with this after being plugged into it for less than 12 hours; imagine this being your life, being sent out to prop up a broken and failing system, getting paid fuck all to do it and then go home and worry like fuck about being able to afford to put food on the table? Fuck that. There isn't a person on the frontline or supporting them who's to blame for all of this and I don't blame a single one of them.

Streeting is right - and I don't say that a lot tbh - but the Tories will absolutely love these strikes. Get some new innocents to portray as villains and some new excuses for their own mess, and go and hide in the fridges. All while we're starting to see how many hands have been in the tills all along. I don't think we've ever need a change of government more.

There is a story today about someone on a trolley at the Royal waiting over night in a corridor because there are no beds.

Disagree about the strikes.

Millions of people have had enough of being fucked over by these cunts.

I hope this is their equivalent of 1979.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Manny said:

The UK is the equivalent of Everton

14 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

This is another thing that needs properly fucking investigating should Labour get in. Especially if it transpires that public money is being used.

The Tufton Street lot are behind this stuff allegedly, so it won’t link directly back to the government, but there’s no doubt it’s doing their bidding.