You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

Oh dear  as an impatial observer i hope the bottom 8 clubs are all putting pressure on the prem league to act

In a normal season, there would just be two or three small clubs with an interest in this; this year it's half the fucking league. That makes it harder for the Premier League to turn a blind eye to their cheating.

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

When they put their £170m loss down to Covid then the PL should have told them to fuck off and the rest of the league, particularly the ones who got relegated and lost more money should have jumped all over them.

Everton's gate money is only around 15m a year compared to ours, Man utd and Arsenal which is all around the £90m-£100m mark. They haven't been in Europe for 6 years and never stay in any cup competitions beyond the end of January.

So how can they lose more money due to Covid when teams who have larger gate revenue, play more games and lose out on reduced sponsored CL money?.

Their excuse was that the players they planned to sell were x amount yet there was no evidence of them planning to sell these players, who they were going to sell them to and whether any of these clubs had actually bid for them. It was just a made up figure. Like FSG hypothetically saying we could have sold Mane or Salah to PSG, Barcelona or Real for £100m each but for Covid. 

Who was that GOT prick a few years ago assigning values to their squad (Pickford= £90m, etc)?  Is he their accountant now?

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In a normal season, there would just be two or three small clubs with an interest in this; this year it's half the fucking league. That makes it harder for the Premier League to turn a blind eye to their cheating.

What is nicely ironic is that they are all whingeing about Man City. Yet for the last 5 years they've been wanking about how good they are and how relentless they've been to get ridiculous amounts of points to beat us to the league. They've even called Liverpool fans bitter and sore losers for mentioning their dodgy financial dealings and just smirked saying they are an amazing team and just weren't good enough to beat them. Even at the end if the reason they were laughing about the Rodri handball because it didn't ultimately affect them but it cost us the league had they scored the pen it should have resulted in. 

It's all been hilarious for them because we lost out. However now that they are in the shit with the league and no one seems that bothered about Man City they are up in arms about the whole situation and whingeing about them.

Remember this from 2014, not nice now to turn on a bunch of old friends is it?

images.jpeg-3.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

When they put their £170m loss down to Covid then the PL should have told them to fuck off and the rest of the league, particularly the ones who got relegated and lost more money should have jumped all over them.

Everton's gate money is only around 15m a year compared to ours, Man utd and Arsenal which is all around the £90m-£100m mark. They haven't been in Europe for 6 years and never stay in any cup competitions beyond the end of January.

So how can they lose more money due to Covid when teams who have larger gate revenue, play more games and lose out on reduced sponsored CL money?.

Their excuse was that the players they planned to sell were x amount yet there was no evidence of them planning to sell these players, who they were going to sell them to and whether any of these clubs had actually bid for them. It was just a made up figure. Like FSG hypothetically saying we could have sold Mane or Salah to PSG, Barcelona or Real for £100m each but for Covid. 

9BDA3DDD-F7D4-4476-8251-32182962C868.jpeg

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Can't they sort out the cheats case this season as well while they're at it 

There's 2 massive differences in cases to be fair. Everton make losses and publish them. The only debate is if they have excuses for breaking the 105m 3 year threshold for losses. 

The cheats on the other hand are being accused of fraud. They're not trying to make excuses like Everton, they instead fiddle the books and inflate their incomes and pay people off the books, so without doubt it's going to take years to resolve. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's 2 massive differences in cases to be fair. Everton make losses and publish them. The only debate is if they have excuses for breaking the 105m 3 year threshold for losses. 

The cheats on the other hand are being accused of fraud. They're not trying to make excuses like Everton, they instead fiddle the books and inflate their incomes and pay people off the books, so without doubt it's going to take years to resolve. 

Not quite fraud but Everton are certainly being taken to task about the accuracy/honesty of their reporting. They filed reports but their auditors refused to sign off on them if we all remember that... They were cleared by the PL based on their analysis of those (unaudited) accounts. When the audited accounts were finally submitted there were discrepancies it would seem. The Jackanory, piss-take allowances the club claimed "for the impact of the pandemic, as well as queries over certain related-party transactions believed to involve Alisher Usmanov, who was a major sponsor of the club before he was sanctioned last year", would further seem to suggest - and I fear for them, I really do - that they're well and truly fucked.

Above quote from here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11925123/Premier-League-inform-clubs-complete-disciplinary-case-against-Everton-SEASON.html

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, the chimp said:

Not quite fraud but Everton are certainly being taken to task about the accuracy/honesty of their reporting. They filed reports but their auditors refused to sign off on them if we all remember that... They were cleared by the PL based on their analysis of those (unaudited) accounts. When the audited accounts were finally submitted there were discrepancies it would seem. The Jackanory, piss-take allowances the club claimed "for the impact of the pandemic, as well as queries over certain related-party transactions believed to involve Alisher Usmanov, who was a major sponsor of the club before he was sanctioned last year", would further seem to suggest - and I fear for them, I really do - that they're well and truly fucked.

Above quote from here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11925123/Premier-League-inform-clubs-complete-disciplinary-case-against-Everton-SEASON.html

It beggars belief how they got away with it in the first place, they were obviously caught halfway down the pad in front of middle stump  and the powers that be looked the other way.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

It beggars belief how they got away with it in the first place, they were obviously caught halfway down the pad in front of middle stump  and the powers that be looked the other way.

The Covid financial losses claim and them getting away with that was a travesty. If that sinks them now I'll be made up, but these cunts (and their enablers) have cost another team and their fans, relegation last year. That shouldn't be forgotten.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, the chimp said:

The Covid financial losses claim and them getting away with that was a travesty. If that sinks them now I'll be made up, but these cunts (and their enablers) have cost another team and their fans, relegation last year. That shouldn't be forgotten.

The graph posted earlier of claimed covid losses shines a light on the PL's complacency / lack of spine. 

Them and the Football League are chalk and cheese ( As hopefully our loveable neighbours find out shortly)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The graph posted earlier of claimed covid losses shines a light on the PL's complacency / lack of spine. 

Them and the Football League are chalk and cheese ( As hopefully our loveable neighbours find out shortly)

I genuinely don't know if the PL couldn't do anything until now/until the accounts were in. You'd hope that is the case, but I fully get the doubt. It might always have been a case of, "I'm sure these are taking the piss but we need to see the evidence...", and now they have that with the submission of the signed-off, club-audited docs.

On 31/03/2023 at 16:42, Reckoner said:

You don’t have to own a stadium for it to be your home but it is our home etc etc

I wonder what would happen if they drop to the football league yet were unable to pay their rent. Play home games at Tranmere? Marine? Chaffers ?

Repped for Chaffers

2 hours ago, the chimp said:

Don't get me wrong, I hope they're fucked too..I just think their case is easier to resolve, hence the expected speed. You've mentioned yourself when ultimately they had audited accounts, previous claims fell apart. What the PL have to do with city is question the validity of the of audited accounts, over way more years. And with likely much better lawyers and accountants. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Don't get me wrong, I hope they're fucked too..I just think their cases is easier to resolve, hence the expected speed. You've mentioned yourselve when ultimately they had audited accounts, previous claims fell apart. What the PL have to do with city is question the validity of the of audited accounts, over way more years. And with likely much better lawyers and accountants. 

Yeah, I'd agree with all of that. I think with Everton it's a much easier case for the PL to prove and have settled quickly for sure mate. I was just pointing out that Everton seem to be in the shit not just for failing the PL rules but for them trying to pull a fast one (like City) too.

13 minutes ago, the chimp said:

Yeah, I'd agree with all of that. I think with Everton it's a much easier case for the PL to prove and have settled quickly for sure mate. I was just pointing out that Everton seem to be in the shit not just for failing the PL rules but for them trying to pull a fast one (like City) too.

Fair enough. I guess that'll come out when they're charged - who knows what they'll be ultimately charged with. Hopefully enough to see them go this season. Although despite their improved for since dyche has taken over, everyone seems to be getting points and they still look in deep trouble with or without a points deduction.  

23 minutes ago, the chimp said:

Everton can't even cheat properly. They are fucking losers in life.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2