You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Had my mate over for dinner who’s a bitter. He brought sticky toffee pudding and madagascan vanilla custard for afters.

That kind act didn’t stop me pointing my spoon at him and his sagged shoulders when Vardy lined up the last penalty, and smugging through a mouthful of dates “Sticky toffee and a sticky situation FOR THE TOFFEES”.

He didn’t laugh, but I thought I was wonderful.

Was it stuck in his throat ?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

League Champions

1891, 1915, 1928, 1932, 1939, 1963, 1970, 1985, 1987

League Runners-Up

1890, 1895, 1902, 1905, 1909, 1912, 1986

(Old) Division Two Champions

(Old) Division Two Runners-up

FA Cup Winners

1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995

FA Cup Finalists

1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2009

League Cup Finalists

1977, 1984

European Cup Winners Cup Winners

FA Charity Shield Winners

1928, 1933, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995

FA Youth Cup Winners

1965, 1984, 1998

FA Youth Cup Finalists

1961, 1977, 1983, 2002

Err didn't they win the big one once? The Everton cup 

43 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

League Champions

1891, 1915, 1928, 1932, 1939, 1963, 1970, 1985, 1987

League Runners-Up

1890, 1895, 1902, 1905, 1909, 1912, 1986

(Old) Division Two Champions

(Old) Division Two Runners-up

FA Cup Winners

1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995

FA Cup Finalists

1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2009

League Cup Finalists

1977, 1984

European Cup Winners Cup Winners

FA Charity Shield Winners

1928, 1933, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995

FA Youth Cup Winners

1965, 1984, 1998

FA Youth Cup Finalists

1961, 1977, 1983, 2002

8 major post war trophies.

Royalty.

• Upvote 1

maccavennie

maccavennie

Player Valuation: £70m
Im made up, so happy we have showed this ambition.......but, anyone else feel like its like our last chance??? Like what do we do if this move does not push us to that top level!!!
If it doesn't work with Ancelotti we go and get the next best top manager out there. Sooner or later a top manager will be a success.

Ancelotti might just be the first step we need in elevating (Well, the boards mindset) our mindset into thinking like a top club.

He might win us league Cup, or just qualify for the Europa league for 2 seasons on the spin. But it'll be a step forward from where we've been going backwards, a massive step forward in fact.

Carlo Ancelotti Everton manager. Let that soak in.

If the rs, City, Man Utd sacked their manager tomorrow, he would be right up at the top of the list of wanted candidates.

Tomorrow Ancelotti
Saturday bum Arsenal
Sunday tell anyone who will listen to you that Everton are back
Monday planning application goes through on stadium and we see final renders
Tuesday Crimbo Eve
Wednesday Crimbo day
Thursday Carlo gets his first win against Burnley as Everton manager.

Fkin superb. Absolutely buzzing me :)

• image.gif

Someone's in for a wake-up call......

They actually really believe this shit.  The higher the expectation, the more the fume when things inevitably go pear shaped.  Compounded by the fact that things keep going horribly right for the RS.

If he takes the job, Ancelotti is in for a shock when he sees the dross that passes for a squad.  Even he can't polish a turd.

5 hours ago, scudger99 said:

So, to sum this all up our heads are falling off with jealousy, Everton are going to spend hundreds of millions they don't have on players, and they're going to win everything in sight and we are shitting ourselves as a result.  As well as BMD coming to fruition.

I desperately wish I was a used car salesman in their neck of the woods.  I could make millions from these utterly gullible fuckwits.

Even if Ancelotti does take the job, they're not going to be a whole lot better than they are now.  The fume will be colossal when reality sets in and they realize they're actually still light years away from us.

Just make sure you don’t stock any red cars mate.

• Upvote 1

This is a funny one because I think sometimes - and I do this too - supporters are too enamored by a long term project and getting someone who has potential instead of wanting the person who is the best available. And that's what he his; the best person available. 

But in this case, I think there's a general feeling that this is kind of weird. That Ancelotti would go there in the first place, that he'd go to work so soon after getting sacked and not at a top club.

It feels like a too good to be true situation that will end in tears when it turns out that he's not the type of manager at this point in his career to turn a poorly run, midtable side into a powerhouse.

I'm actually happy for my blue nose mates they're smiling about football again. It could go wrong but it could go so very right. He's a world class manager isn't that what everyone hopes for when they're getting a new manager. It's a great move for them. I think psychologically it will give the whole club a boost.

• Upvote 8

The blue on City Talk this morning saying napoli aren't as big as everton.

Stop sniggering at the back!

In the time that everton last won the league (87) and FA cup (95) Napoli have won:

League x 2
Coppa Italia x 3
Super coppa x 2
Uefa Cup x 1

Their current UEFA coefficient is 80 points. Everton's is 17 points.

Just now, johnsusername said:

The blue on City Talk this morning saying napoli aren't as big as everton.

Stop sniggering at the back!

In the time that everton last won the league (87) and FA cup (95) Napoli have won:

League x 2
Coppa Italia x 3
Super coppa x 2
Uefa Cup x 1

Their current UEFA coefficient is 80 points. Everton's is 17 points.

And they've beaten the redshite twice in recent seasons.

• Upvote 1