You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

15 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Just seen last night’s result.

Merry Christmas, Everton.

A54B6BF9-C7F5-4CEC-86BD-7CCE18728D0D.gif

Haha, I was the same. I didn't get home from work last night until about 7pm so I was recording our game and staying away from tv and phone so I didn't find out the score. Settled down to watch it at about 10:30pm with a few ciders. By the time our game finished it was past midnight so went to bed, completely forgot there were other games on until about lunchtime today when talking to a fellow red in work about our game and he mentioned the league cup and informed me of their heroic comeback that ultimately ended in disappointment for them. I got to admit I managed a little chuckle.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Cannot wait for his press conference spiel if he signs. The usual scripted bollocks, huge club, known all over the world, sleeping giant, people’s club etc etc blah blah bollocks!

"As soon as i left Napoli, i knew this hostoric club was for me, i wasn't interested in going anywhere else. In fact I'd have had a year off if this opportunity of a lifetime wouldn't have presented itself" said Carlo.......................

blue61

blue61

I panda to nobody

When you have spent the best part of 2 decades managing mostly top clubs and winning pretty much everything there is to win, it must be extremely tempting and refreshing to be offered a chance to manage a club that has a really good history but has been on a downer for a long time and is owned by a billionaire who has promised to give you as much money and power as is required to bring said club back to the top.

It was a done deal from the beginning and i doubt he was ever even interested in going anywhere else at the time, probably would have had a years holiday.

Watching him on the touchline and in charge of our team on boxing day is going to be the most exciting day in about 25 years for me.
You tell em lid. Superb post.

55 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

In all honesty I couldn't a shit about their future if they are stupid enough to try and do a City/Chelsea. City and Chelsea were good at cooking the books, I doubt Everton could cook a fucking omelette. Even City and Chelsea have had to reign it in due to the rules tightening and the media questioning things which in some cases has led to the POWERS THAT BE having a look. Everton are more likely to do a Leeds/Sunderland. 

The powers that be? We all know you mean, the dirty 'orrible RS infiltrated media, UEFA, FIFA, opposition GKs, managers, Refs, VAR, Sky, BT, Amazon etc etc etc.

I think if they make a loss over the course of 3 seasons which is over 115m then they break the FFP regulations. So they are well on course for that. 

They made a 15m loss last year, this year is about 100m so basically next year they need to flog a load of their overpriced shit, buy no players and somehow pay Carlo Ancelotti £12-£15m a year after sacking Marco Silva and his backroom staff whilst paying them off halfway through their contracts.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think if they make a loss over the course of 3 seasons which is over 115m then they break the FFP regulations. So they are well on course for that. 

They made a 15m loss last year, this year is about 100m so basically next year they need to flog a load of their overpriced shit, buy no players and somehow pay Carlo Ancelotti £12-£15m a year after sacking Marco Silva and his backroom staff and paying them off.

Maybes Zlatan is a secret red and intends to tip the scales somewhat. Has to be a red shite conspiracy. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Oh yeah I forgot that they were proposing to pay a 38 year old semi retired cunt £180,000 a week. Maybe they should rent Peter Risdales fish tank for £1000 a week too. 

We also need to factor in that they are still paying the wages of ex managers. 

53 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She must have been a Celtic fan who reminded him they have never even got close to winning the greatest club prize on the planet the fucking helmets 

On a similar thing we used to wind a bellend of a Arsenal fan up in work with similar. He's was a massive prick shouting Yids, Munich and Dippers every chance he got. 

Everytime we talked football we'd just remind him he was allowed to talk as it was big club stuff, our mate could talk as a Villa fan having won the European Cup. Would ask him if he new any Celtic, Forest, Bucharest or Red Star fans as they're all big clubs but he could fuck off and talk to Spurs and West Ham fans

• Upvote 1

Saint Domingo

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
No other team outside the top 6 in the prem could have snared Ancelotti. It infuriates the kopite media that we won’t just let down and accept our position as cannon fodder. They want us to be a Crystal Palace or a Norwich. They hate it that from time to time we still remind people that we’re English football royalty and always will be.

• image.gif

Fucking hell, football royalty.

Is Buckingham Palace made of wood ?

This is the fit women who’s just been dumped by her banker boyfriend going to a provincial nightclub to get fingered off a bit of rough. She wants to feel alive immediately, the poor whelp can’t believe his luck, but there’s fucks chance she’ll be there come the morning once she realises what she’s done.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

They made a 15m loss last year, this year is about 100m so basically next year they need to flog a load of their overpriced shit, buy no players and somehow pay Carlo Ancelotti £12-£15m a year after sacking Marco Silva and his backroom staff whilst paying them off halfway through their contracts.

the-toffee-lady-throws-ribbons-out-to-th

”So we need to save money because of FFP, and that’s why Mr Moshiri sent me to tell you that you’re sacked. But, generous man that he is, he’s said you can still do it for free. You just need to buy a match ticket to get in.”

34 minutes ago, scudger99 said:
Saint Domingo

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
No other team outside the top 6 in the prem could have snared Ancelotti. It infuriates the kopite media that we won’t just let down and accept our position as cannon fodder. They want us to be a Crystal Palace or a Norwich. They hate it that from time to time we still remind people that we’re English football royalty and always will be.

• image.gif

Fucking hell, football royalty.

Is Buckingham Palace made of wood ?

From time to time?

What like the quarter of a century since the last time won some silverware.

League Champions

1891, 1915, 1928, 1932, 1939, 1963, 1970, 1985, 1987

League Runners-Up

1890, 1895, 1902, 1905, 1909, 1912, 1986

(Old) Division Two Champions

(Old) Division Two Runners-up

FA Cup Winners

1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995

FA Cup Finalists

1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2009

League Cup Finalists

1977, 1984

European Cup Winners Cup Winners

FA Charity Shield Winners

1928, 1933, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995

FA Youth Cup Winners

1965, 1984, 1998

FA Youth Cup Finalists

1961, 1977, 1983, 2002

Pellegrini is a big-name manager, plodding along at West Ham.

Rafa is a big-name manager who didn't really set the world on fire at Newcastle.

But somehow, this time, a big name manager at a thoroughly small-time club is going to turn them into world-beaters, because... Everton aren't we, lad!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Haha, I was the same. I didn't get home from work last night until about 7pm so I was recording our game and staying away from tv and phone so I didn't find out the score. Settled down to watch it at about 10:30pm with a few ciders. By the time our game finished it was past midnight so went to bed, completely forgot there were other games on until about lunchtime today when talking to a fellow red in work about our game and he mentioned the league cup and informed me of their heroic comeback that ultimately ended in disappointment for them. I got to admit I managed a little chuckle.

Had my mate over for dinner who’s a bitter. He brought sticky toffee pudding and madagascan vanilla custard for afters.

That kind act didn’t stop me pointing my spoon at him and his sagged shoulders when Vardy lined up the last penalty, and smugging through a mouthful of dates “Sticky toffee and a sticky situation FOR THE TOFFEES”.

He didn’t laugh, but I thought I was wonderful.

• Upvote 7