You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

***SPOILER FOR RECENT EPISODE***

Tyrion is the stupidest character on the show. How has he become a moron? Fuck me. His list of failures is shocking. Due to his strategies, Dany has lost Dorne, lost High Garden, lost the Greyjoy rebels and their fleet, has the Unsullied stranded in the Westerlands, and lost a whole fucking dragon due to his hairbrained idea of kidnapping a wight! He didn't cover himself in glory in Essos either. And now for the finale, his crazy decision to meet Cersei. Yes, let's gather all of Cersei's enemies in the same place at the same time (as the episode 7 preview indicates). How did that work out for her enemies in King's Landing? They all got blown to bits. Obviously the "good guys" are going to get double-crossed and there will be losses. But let's go see Cersei and show her a walking corpse, that will make her an ally, oh yes....

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Dany's inability to have children has been mentioned many, many times.

Aye, but John Snow will have the power of super sperm being as he was brought back to life, or summit like that.

Anyway. 

What a cracking fucking episode. OK, the chain thing was a bit random, but loads of things are, in a fantasy you can basically make anything up. I was basically getting the plot for this right when telling the missus what i thought was going to happen. Next week is going to be epic, although I get the feeling we'll be left on a cliffhanger and then have to wait over a fucking year to watch the conclusion. I also have a feeling it will involve that slippery bitch Cersei, her cunt Qyburn, a dungeon and some royal prisoners. I also wonder if all three dragons will be taken out of the equation as they take on the Whitewalkers and wipe them out. 

I better not die before this whole thing is wrapped up early 2019. 

Do John and the king of the ice army have some connection or is it just that they are both the respected leaders which is why they keep eyeing each other up?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The Night King is future/past Bran

Its one of the million theories floating around. Not totally on board with it myself, but its as good as any.

Guest Pistonbroke

When John laid some blade on that whitewalker and they all exploded, why did one remain?

The dragon on chains thing still does my head in. Did they have dead little scuba divers connecting the chains to the dragon?

They actually talked about that, they reckoned because they killed the one whitewalker responsible for turning them the rest exploded. The one that remained was probably not one that was changed by the whitewalker they killed. 

They actually talked about that, they reckoned because they killed the one whitewalker responsible for turning them the rest exploded. The one that remained was probably not one that was changed by the whitewalker they killed. 

To be honest, the more I think about the it, the worse the episode seems. Too much convenient shite like this.

• Upvote 1

I'm enjoying this series, but it does all seem too fast, compared to the pace previously set. The last 2 series were ridiculously slow and now this. The turning up places in the blink of an eye is crazy.

That said, still buzz off it.

There's been a trade off since they overtook the source material of the quality of writing having massively declined but the excitement and pace (which at times was slow, bordering on tedious) having ramped up. This last episode went too far in that direction for me. Watching 5 people with plot armour hold off an army of 5000, when their reason for being there in the first place makes no sense whatsoever was fucking boring. More and more it feels like a show in which it's better to just disengage your brain and enjoy the cool, nonsensical shit happening on screen for what it is.

• Upvote 3

There's been a trade off since they overtook the source material of the quality of writing having massively declined but the excitement and pace (which at times was slow, bordering on tedious) having ramped up. This last episode went too far in that direction for me. Watching 5 people with plot armour hold off an army of 5000, when their reason for being there in the first place makes no sense whatsoever was fucking boring. More and more it feels like a show in which it's better to just disengage your brain and enjoy the cool, nonsensical shit happening on screen for what it is.

Agree with this, the quality has varied wildly since its overtaken the books. The showrunners are in a difficult spot though. Martin seems intent on putting it off as long as possible. I'm not sure the cunt will ever finish the books off in time given the state of him.

When John laid some blade on that whitewalker and they all exploded, why did one remain?

The dragon on chains thing still does my head in. Did they have dead little scuba divers connecting the chains to the dragon?

In a show with multiple dragons, a priestess giving birth to a shadow demon, and white walkers with a zombie army. Raising a dragon with four metal chains are doing your head in? Tough crowd

• Upvote 1

The timescales are pretty mental now, it took the king a month to ride to Winterfell from Kings Landing in the first episode, now, Dragonstone to North of the wall seems to happen instantaneously. All the while weeks/months pass in Winterfell with Bran knowing everything and doing fuck all. Has no one noticed the Freys have all been slaughtered yet? Why did Gendry and all the others split off in different directions? Why not all fuck off back to the Wall?

As said above, best not to pick holes, it's still very enjoyable but a bit frustrating at the same time. Also norrarsed about the whitewalkers, would like them to be killed off in the next episode but almost no chance of that happening. Have any important characters been killed off this whole season? I'm not talking about that wanky Dennis Pennis priest, I mean important ones?  Who do you reckon it will be as surely someone will fall in the final episode? Brienne perhaps? Maybe even Tyrion? He is such a secondary character now, after being the star early doors he's almost an irrelevance. What price a double-cross from Varys?