You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackpool away thread

fowler9

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Kenny's unlocked the Sevilla Poulsen in training? Oh well, we'll find out in an hour. Any word on why Aurelio isn't starting, or has his body snapped again?

Agree with fowler9 don't want to see Meireles on the right, while Kuyt can at least do a job there. SSN are saying Torres and Kuyt up front but going on their track record of generally knowing fuck all I'm not totally worried yet.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Heard from my mate on Bloomfield that the team is : Reina , Kelly , Skrtel , Agger , Wilson , Johnson , Meireles , Lucas , Maxi , Kuyt and Torres. Not official though, but he's ringside on Bloomfield, and said he knew it.

Does this mate dress his kids in D&G, too?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Happy with that team. Think we'll do well.

--------------------Pepe-------------------

Magic-------Skrtel------Agger-------Kelly

----------Poulsen---------Lucas-----------

Kuyt-------------Meireles--------Jovanovic

-------------------Torres

Away from home, keep it tight in midfield and use Torres, fed by Meireles, and supported on the break by the two wide men and Magic.

I will wager a small sum of money that Poulsen plays differently tonight. Can feel it in my bones/water/stool/whatever it is.

agreed, whilst he will never be brilliant for us there is a talented player in him as shown in his Sevilla days, whilst its not a team I would select I trust Kenny knows what he is doing and I'd actually quite like to get a look at Jovanovic in a team that actually attemps to play proper football

----------Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Kelly

------Lucas Poulsen

Kuyt----Mereiles--Jovanovic

---------Torres

???

3-5-3 is possible, I suppose. Or it could be Kuyt behind Torres and Mereiles as a narrow right sided midfielder. Weird selection.

----------Reina

------Lucas Poulsen

---------Torres

???

3-5-3 is possible, I suppose. Or it could be Kuyt behind Torres and Mereiles as a narrow right sided midfielder. Weird selection.

Only if they've changed the rules in the last couple of days

I just knew the Johnson on the wing rumour was too good to be true. Am losing faith in ever seeing it happen, but I hope we do get to see it one day. Don't like the look of the side, but Kenny's picked it and like someone already said, he should have a strategy to go with it. I'm going to hope and believe it's a lot better than what Roy would've had us doing for an away match.

SSN (with the usual caveat) are saying 4-3-3:

-------------Reina--------------

Kelly---Skrtel---Agger---Johnson

--------Lucas------Poulsen------

------------Meireles-------------

--Kuyt-------Torres----Jovanovic--

That could easily be a Rafa-era 4-2-3-1 though with Dirk and Jovanovic as part of a three with Raul.

Interesting....

----------Reina

------Lucas Poulsen

---------Torres

???

This will be the team.

----------Reina

------Lucas Poulsen

---------Torres

???

kenny's been out of the game a while mate but surely he ain't fielding twelve tonight

babel must be off then, good, it'll add 7 million to our transfer kitty and no doubt means a winger with a brain is being lined up

I wouldn't count on that (although I wish he was, myself). The fact that he has left Aurelio out completely as well suggests he might be resting some players for the derby at the weekend.

I'll be interested to see how this team plays. This game is exactly the sort that gives us the chance to show that Kenny has had the right influence on the team already. You could almost guarantee an away loss in this fixture under Hodgson. 3 points tonight doubles our away wins for the season and almost doubles our total!

Happy with that team. Think we'll do well.

--------------------Pepe-------------------

Magic-------Skrtel------Agger-------Kelly

----------Poulsen---------Lucas-----------

Kuyt-------------Meireles--------Jovanovic

-------------------Torres

Away from home, keep it tight in midfield and use Torres, fed by Meireles, and supported on the break by the two wide men and Magic.

I like that idea. Would have possibly gone for Shelvey ahead of Poulsen. Jovanovic is worth another look. All got a lot to prove in any case.