You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my view of him as well. I think he's technically better than Babel, but the rest of his game is very much flawed imo.

Yes, but were not looking for the perfect player, there are flaws in Suarez too, same can be said about Torres.

I don't think he is comparable to Babel in any way unless Babel likes 16 yr olds?

I think Benzema is technical, has pace and has the instinct to score goals. I think he is perfectly suited for our league and with the exception of RM has a proven track record to succeed even if it is the Ligue1.

I don't think he would be a failure, he may be available, it may give RM the cash to agree a deal for Llorente and as he is out of favour we may be able to get him in for around 20-25M?

43 goals in about 110 matches for Lyon? Hardly world class. Plus his all round play has been poor whenver I've seen him.

Torres had scored 82 in 214 for Atletico (some of those in the first division) so that record for Benzema is not the main thing we should look at.

He's been playing International and Champions League football for years. He's only not the main man at Real because first season Higuain was just about the best striker on the planet (Milito aside) and second season Mourinho wants a targetman.

Benzema has the lot ability wise and needs a team to make him their main man like he would be here. He's very very similar in play to Torres just not as consistent.

Downside is not ability it's his mentality. Could he adapt to England and the style of play? How will this court case effect him? If we could get him he could be a great signing as he has the talent

43 goals in a decent league at 19-21 is impressive.

A loan deal with an option to buy for 20-ish million in the summer would be grand.

Would be excellent, at least this gives us the caution and the ability to measure his performance.

I don't think RM would agree unless we said we'd give them straight cash in the summer.

I definitely think that Benzema would be best in England, to be honest, than the other big leagues.

He'd fit into the physical style, I think. Of course, I also think that Youssef El Arabi would suit our league as well. He's going to a bigger club in France soon, I think. Good young player.

You really are high on this lad eh? I look forward to seeing him play myself.

Inter v Palermo today though, could be a cracker.

You really are high on this lad eh? I look forward to seeing him play myself.

Inter v Palermo today though, could be a cracker.

I dunno -- He strokes the ball well, and seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time, and you can't teach that.

I think his game needs work, but he's a finisher from what I saw.

Darbs is having a good game, looking more comfortable going forward than I ever saw him for us, although still quite defensive minded.

Would fucking love County to do Man City but don't see it happening to be honest.

He impressed me in the second half, lets see how he does against Silva... somebody tell me who that slug is who's ate Joleen Lescott?

from bbc transfer deadline section - also talking about konchesky and forest interest

Not perhaps the signing that will light up Anfield or have us wanting more during the rest of the day, but Liverpool will announce the signing of exciting 21-year-old Korean midfielder Koo Ja-Cheol from Jeju United on a 3.5 yr contract. The transfer fee is believed to be £2.4m rising up to £4m. Jeju might also get a friendly when Liverpool travel to Asia for their pre-season tour this summer or the next."

from bbc transfer deadline section - also talking about konchesky and forest interest

Not perhaps the signing that will light up Anfield or have us wanting more during the rest of the day, but Liverpool will announce the signing of exciting 21-year-old Korean midfielder Koo Ja-Cheol from Jeju United on a 3.5 yr contract. The transfer fee is believed to be £2.4m rising up to £4m. Jeju might also get a friendly when Liverpool travel to Asia for their pre-season tour this summer or the next."

Think he may have just signed for Wolfsburg.