You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson not happy with protest?

PaulMcC

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the fella from Adam so why should I believe everything he says? I have my own mind thanks but you continue your little shitstirring game why don't you. I didn't imply he was a liar, you did.

You of all people calling me a shit stirrer? John Gallagher in lack of self-awareness shocker. It's clear what you meant. What did you mean, that Graham was a mistaken fool that had got the wrong end of the stick? It was said with a snide tone......

You of all people calling me a shit stirrer? John Gallagher in lack of self-awareness shocker. It's clear what you meant. What did you mean, that Graham was a mistaken fool that had got the wrong end of the stick? It was said with a snide tone......

Someone told John one thing, someone told Graham another. They believe two different sides.

You used the word "liar".

People have been very selective picking out the quotes from that interview, Rory Smith given his usual bullshit on Twitter about Roy despite the fact he said today he wants the ownership sorted toeing the party line, Rory fuckin Smith the journalist that printed on the 5th of august we were after Iniesta, suppose he is on the list

Tomorrow should be a game where we are looking to get back on track on the pitch. Instead, we will be fighting for our Club, to get it back on track in the boardroom. We, as supporters, have a duty to protect the future of our Football Club. Tomorrow is the continuance of a campaign to fulfil that duty. During, and after the Sunderland game we will protest.

Today we have seen and heard what the manager has had to say about protests. Our message remains as clear as ever - we will do what we feel is necessary. As supporters we don't want to be protesting. We want to be talking football not finance, we want to be talking left backs not leveraged buyouts.

Instead, circumstances dictate that we must do all of this - the protesting, the campaigning, the pushing to have new owners. Over three years ago, this "group of people" were watching new signings such as Torres and Mascherano, looking forward to a 'spade in the ground' in 60 days that would see us with a brand new stadium, competing with the best in the world, and built in time for Jamie Carragher's testimonial.

This "group of people" has over 50,000 people supporting what it is trying to achieve, with countless more supporting the campaign for new owners. We are very much anti owner for one clear and unequivocal reason - they have lied.

This "group of people" will protest and will continue to protest, because we have a bond, an unbreakable one with our Football Club. We can't just walk away. This Football Club is part of who we are, it's part of who our parents and grandparents are and were, and it's part of who our children will be. It's an emotional attachment that cannot be ridden roughshod over by businessmen in the pursuit of greed rather than glory. It's an emotional attachment that means we will do whatever it takes, regardless of whether it makes things more difficult or not, to save our Football Club.

This "group of people" will always support the position of Liverpool manager. We will continue to demand that the resources of the Football Club are directed towards assisting him in his job rather than being squandered on servicing unsustainable and unnecessary levels of debt.

The protests will continue. To those who say it affects the team performance, our argument is simple and honest - massive debts, crippling interest repayments and lying owners are what is affecting the team. If you don't believe us, read the accounts. Or ask the players who have recently spoken of the need for new owners. Or better still, ask Roy Hodgson.

It's our duty, our responsibility, and our desire to bring about change at our Football Club. To rid it of men with no honesty, no integrity and no concern for the Club's future. Tomorrow, we will carry out that duty.

Tom and George: Not Welcome Here

If John didn't want people to respond to his posts like I did, he could have simply said "I've heard otherwise, from different people." He didn't do that. He replied with a sneering tone..... Judging from rondeco's response, I'm not the only person who thought his response was a bit off.

This sounds bad on paper but if you watch the interview I assume it will come across different. I've not seen the press conference so I cannot comment but I think his words are being taken out of context here.

"It [the protest] doesn't help but is something I've had to live with since I came to the club. It is a major issue for a group of people who are very much anti the owners and the current people who are trying to solve the situation. It is often the case that when things are conspiring against you there is always an extra thing to come in and make it that little bit worse."

Can't see how that is out of context.

Are we all not looking into every one of our managers interviews too much.

Give the fella a break for fucks sake.

If he doesnt like it then its tough but lets not twist it as if he is against the fans and is with the yanks.

If you dont like him then fair enough but can people please stop coming out with bollocks.

Are we all not looking into every one of our managers interviews too much.

Give the fella a break for fucks sake.

If he doesnt like it then its tough but lets not twist it as if he is against the fans and is with the yanks.

If you dont like him then fair enough but can people please stop coming out with bollocks.

The day before a protest? This isn't looking into a little too much, this twats you in the face.

I'm all for giving him a break but he's not making things easy for himself is he?

But ah I forget, we're supposed to ignore all of this as it might upset some people.

Hodgson needs to get on with his job and not get involved with things that don't concern him. Its our club not his, we will still be here long after he has gone.

Should have just said "The fans are entilted to do what they feel is right, its there club".

Stop using excuses you sound like the other fella.

Spot on.Shows his total lack of understanding of Liverpool Football Club.

I'm not going to start burning torches but I'm slightly bemused by those comments.

Who, exactly, doesn't it help? The players? The object of the protest - which is post match - is to get the owners out of the club. That should be what the manager and absolutely every player wants, because as long as the owners are here we will not get the new stadium and we will be down-trading on players.

I simply don't know what he expects to the contrary. We should just keep paying to go to the game week on week, buy the kit and keep our mouths shut because it will help the players concentrate on the pitch? Though in the meantime, we're selling our best players in each transfer window because we can win fuck all with the kind of journeymen we're bringing in to fill their shoes...

Not just here but from all his interviews, I just don't think he has the first idea what this club is about.

Tomorrow should be a game where we are looking to get back on track on the pitch. Instead, we will be fighting for our Club, to get it back on track in the boardroom. We, as supporters, have a duty to protect the future of our Football Club. Tomorrow is the continuance of a campaign to fulfil that duty. During, and after the Sunderland game we will protest.

Today we have seen and heard what the manager has had to say about protests. Our message remains as clear as ever - we will do what we feel is necessary. As supporters we don't want to be protesting. We want to be talking football not finance, we want to be talking left backs not leveraged buyouts.

Instead, circumstances dictate that we must do all of this - the protesting, the campaigning, the pushing to have new owners. Over three years ago, this "group of people" were watching new signings such as Torres and Mascherano, looking forward to a 'spade in the ground' in 60 days that would see us with a brand new stadium, competing with the best in the world, and built in time for Jamie Carragher's testimonial.

This "group of people" has over 50,000 people supporting what it is trying to achieve, with countless more supporting the campaign for new owners. We are very much anti owner for one clear and unequivocal reason - they have lied.

This "group of people" will protest and will continue to protest, because we have a bond, an unbreakable one with our Football Club. We can't just walk away. This Football Club is part of who we are, it's part of who our parents and grandparents are and were, and it's part of who our children will be. It's an emotional attachment that cannot be ridden roughshod over by businessmen in the pursuit of greed rather than glory. It's an emotional attachment that means we will do whatever it takes, regardless of whether it makes things more difficult or not, to save our Football Club.

This "group of people" will always support the position of Liverpool manager. We will continue to demand that the resources of the Football Club are directed towards assisting him in his job rather than being squandered on servicing unsustainable and unnecessary levels of debt.

The protests will continue. To those who say it affects the team performance, our argument is simple and honest - massive debts, crippling interest repayments and lying owners are what is affecting the team. If you don't believe us, read the accounts. Or ask the players who have recently spoken of the need for new owners. Or better still, ask Roy Hodgson.

It's our duty, our responsibility, and our desire to bring about change at our Football Club. To rid it of men with no honesty, no integrity and no concern for the Club's future. Tomorrow, we will carry out that duty.

Tom and George: Not Welcome Here

Graham personally I think any manager should stay out of this and just say no comment or it's there right to protest but he's said nothing wrong, so don't try to make something out of nothing, you already put your foot in it last week with your snidey comments about " everything is great RBS aren't refinancing", SOS are pro Rafa July 4th showed that with the love in and the journalist attacks, and lack of apoligies

Let's just concentrate on the protest tomorrow, alot of work was done done this week by both supporter groups let's not spoil it by making something out of nothing

Guest ShoePiss

I think Hodgson has just been honest there, we all know that support can influence how a team plays otherwise playing away from home wouldn't make any difference.

The thing is though he should be able to see beyond his own position here (The club rather than his personal position), if he can't then he simply shouldn't comment on the protests.

What his comments have done is made the job unifying the fans harder, when we all need to be showing strength against the owners we'll have more fans questioning that now.

It was a leading question from the journalist but after over 35 years of being asked such questions I'd hope he'd be a little better at answering them.

It's disappointing.

Guest ShoePiss
Graham he's said nothing wrong, so don't try to make something out of nothing, you already put your foot in it last week with your snidey comments about " everything is great RBS aren't refinancing", SOS are pro Rafa July 4th showed that with the love in and the journalist attacks, and lack of apoligies

Let's just concentrate on the protest tomorrow, alot of work was done done this week by both supporter groups let's not spoil it by making something out of nothing

He has, what he's said undermines everyone who is speaking out against the owners.

Go on then, where have I shitstirred?

Think of some of your own antics over the summer regarding shitstirring thread starts turn that irony will smack you in the face. Very hard as well.

The Yanks, Board and Hodgson have been given enough slack ( Hodgson used up a load of his on Wednesday)

If we want a club to be able to support in a few years, we need to take it back. We have been screwed over long enough with shit performances, ticket prices and debt.

How long do they expect us to put up with it??

He has, what he's said undermines everyone who is speaking out against the owners.

What did he say, a journalist said is it helpful given the current bad form he said no, what should he have said yeah it's gona get the players up for game and Bruce will shit himself, I have contstantly spoke out I dont think it undermines me, like I said better to say no comment, people reading way to much into this