You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is your favorit pub in Liverpool ??

Jamiecara

As a buidling and nice pub - The Philamonic on Hope st, but the atmosphere can be a bit dull. The Vines on Renshaw st fit into this category too - given a facelift it'd be amazing.

Ship & Mitre would be my fave all-rounder.

Edited by Bloodred
im a mong

Probably the Ship and Mitre or the Roscoe Head. Good old fashioned boozers that haven't gone the way of either chasing the student or trendy wine bar market or becoming grotty shithole pubs. Always a decent pint in there too.

honorable mentions for the Fly in the Loaf and the Cambridge

The Cambridge is a good shout Cap, nice little drinker that.

Guest The Chimp

Used to love the Clock on Picton High Street. Favourite ever pub was the Dovedale Towers on Penny Lane (going back about twenty years there though). Loved the Turtle in Netherely as a local and later on the Black Bull in Gateacre (simply because it wasn't the Falcon). Best part of going home last time was checking out all the bars and pubs. Liverpool is fucking great for a night out.

Guest The Chimp
The Philharmonic is the only one I can remember the name of that I have been with my dad. There were a couple near my Uncle and Aunts flat, but as I can't even remember the name of the place they lived, I won't be able to remember the pubs.

And that Jim is the definition of a good night out and the measure of any decent pub.

The Swan on Wood Street used to be fucking ace. I always used to sit somewhere near Karl Marx on the wall, when I had my friday off work I would go there to "unwind" and would get the odd phone call at the pub for me from the boss.

Other ace places to bevvy was the Cattle Market in Kenny, The Grapes (Now the Old Dispensary) on Renshaw Street, Wilsons and Planet X. Used to have a good laugh in The Lister in Kenny a few times n'all.?

Showing my age now.

The Cattle Market was in Old swan the Lister wasn't in Kenny either more Fairfield really.Are you sure you've actually been in them?

The Cattle Market was in Old swan the Lister wasn't in Kenny either more Fairfield really.Are you sure you've actually been in them?

You're right. I just made it up. The Lister, being next to Kensington Market where I worked at the time was just a figment of my imagination. As for the Cattle Market, when I lived just up the road from there just off Prescot Road (Just on Rawlings Street) that area was generally known as Kenny also.

Fairfield was one of those areas, like Stoneycroft or Little Bongs (look it up, that one. West Derby, by the Hozzie) where it just kinda gets absorbed into the larger, more known areas.

In my mind, Old Swan doesn't start until you get to the Abbatoir. I never had Google Maps back in the day so those lines of deliniation were never quite that exact.

You're right. I just made it up. The Lister, being next to Kensington Market where I worked at the time was just a figment of my imagination. As for the Cattle Market, when I lived just up the road from there just off Prescot Road (Just on Rawlings Street) that area was generally known as Kenny also.

Fairfield was one of those areas, like Stoneycroft or Little Bongs (look it up, that one. West Derby, by the Hozzie) where it just kinda gets absorbed into the larger, more known areas.

In my mind, Old Swan doesn't start until you get to the Abbatoir. I never had Google Maps back in the day so those lines of deliniation were never quite that exact.

After the railway bridge by the old police club is Old Swan even before google maps.The Cattle Market was right next to the abbatoir no way Kenny.The Lister you've got a better shout but I always thought kenny was after Shiel Rd.Anyway the Cattle Market and Kensington Market have been demolished so it's an obscure type of arguement (which I started tbf).

The Black Angus is still going run by Micky Quinn's arl fella still isn't it?

The Bully in West Derby, wipe your feet on the way out. The best! You get free exclusives to Channy's mix, a DJ who brings his laptop and plays music off youtube, people snorting beak of the pool balls, the chef wears a low alpine hat while hes working. What more can you ask for??

same fella owns the Deysbrook.