You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely these quotes are made up?!

Hodgson: 'I may send Aquilani out on loan' | talkSPORT

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed that he is considering the possibility of sending Alberto Aquilani out on loan in an effort to help him regain first-team football.

The Italian midfielder has endured an injury-stricken campaign last year after joining the Merseyside club last summer and has not enjoyed a regular run in the team.

Speaking after Liverpool's 1-0 win against Trabzonspor in the Europa League Hodgson confirmed: "At the moment we are considering loaning him to an Italian club.

"I didn't want to use him tonight in case the loan goes through because for Aquilani it's very important this year that he plays regular football, every week as the number one man on the team sheet.

"I can't promise him that here so if a loan move to Italy could help him in that respect it might be good for all parties. It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year."

The former Roma man has previously been linked with a move to Napoli this summer, something his agent Franco Zavaglia denied.

Surely these quotes are made up?!

Hodgson: 'I may send Aquilani out on loan' | talkSPORT

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed that he is considering the possibility of sending Alberto Aquilani out on loan in an effort to help him regain first-team football.

The Italian midfielder has endured an injury-stricken campaign last year after joining the Merseyside club last summer and has not enjoyed a regular run in the team.

Speaking after Liverpool's 1-0 win against Trabzonspor in the Europa League Hodgson confirmed: "At the moment we are considering loaning him to an Italian club.

"I didn't want to use him tonight in case the loan goes through because for Aquilani it's very important this year that he plays regular football, every week as the number one man on the team sheet.

"I can't promise him that here so if a loan move to Italy could help him in that respect it might be good for all parties. It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year."

The former Roma man has previously been linked with a move to Napoli this summer, something his agent Franco Zavaglia denied.

That's baffling.

I dont see the point in loaning him out esoecially if it is for the whole season, if gerrad gets injured who is our creative midfielder in the central midfield position?

joe_cole_closeup_240x320.jpg

I think he could do a good shift in there. He played there as a kid for West Ham. It would have to be with Mascherano though.

Joe Cole - 26 Starts - 6 Assists

Gerrard - 33 Starts - 7 Assists

Aquilani - 18 Starts - 6 Assists

He's as effective in the hole if not better. Really ridiculous decision to loan him out.

If it's true ofcourse.

Don't buy the fact he's a weak tackler either our defence conceded less on average when he did play.