You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's obviously yet more dogshit, but what do we gain from loaning him? Is he off the wage bill?

We've already paid 15M euros of his fee, a few more games and his appearances start costing us. Then 5% of any sale figure goes to Roma.

Rafa's total control of transfer policy was a master stroke.

Gah, going to be a looooong season watching Roy's side me thinks. Because rather than try and incorporate the skilful player into the side....fuck him off instead and go with cloggers like Poulsen, Masch and Lucas. Sure their job in the side needs little to no coaching.....sit there, tackle, pass sideways and backwards.

Gah, going to be a looooong season watching Roy's side me thinks. Because rather than try and incorporate the skilful player into the side....fuck him off instead and go with cloggers like Poulsen, Masch and Lucas. Sure their job in the side needs little to no coaching.....sit there, tackle, pass sideways and backwards.

Who introduced the two holding midfield players? ......and he only did that because he didn't have three.

Lucas didn't start the serious game, his days are numbered.

Who introduced the two holding midfield players? ......and he only did that because he didn't have three.

Lucas didn't start the serious game, his days are numbered.

The words of our illustrious MD who has been downsizing the squad ever since he got here.

You a fan of his?

When he's been on the pitch, I've usually been quite impressed by Aquilani. Thought Roy would have given him a chance but he seems very keen to get the player back in Italy as soon as possible.

Maybe he sees him having a negative effect of the squad - if others see Alberto ducking games all the time, they'll do the same, with Roy knowing he has to squeeze every last drop from a limited squad this year?

Pity as he's got a touch of class about him.

i said it earlier in the thread

but im convinced there was something under-handed, or somewhat dodgy in the aquilani transfer last year

how the fuck can someone pay 20 million pound for a player that nobody wants???

we're not talking salif diao style money here, its marquee player money that

yet nobody wants him???????

somethings not right there, and im not just talking about the player

that transfer stinks IMO

i said it earlier in the thread

but im convinced there was something under-handed, or somewhat dodgy in the aquilani transfer last year

how the fuck can someone pay 20 million pound for a player that nobody wants???

we're not talking salif diao style money here, its marquee player money that

yet nobody wants him???????

somethings not right there, and im not just talking about the player

that transfer stinks IMO

20071102104425backhander_istockj203jpg.jpg

It makes no fucking sense to send a £20 mill player out on loan, when the club is struggeling for cash to invest in it's squad in the first place.... Never mind sending him back to a shit league that is so different to the PL, that he'll need more time to adjust when he eventually get's back...

Sell him, or talk to Juve and trade him for Diego or something similar, because if there is one thing we cannot affort at the moment it is to tie the little cash we have into players who will ply their trade elswhere....

In my opinion we could have needed Aqua's creativity yesterday....

I think we paid 5m up front, i think we avoided the further payments based on his lack of appearances last season, so maybe loaning him out prevents further payment to Roma?

if so then this is a clever piece of business

very little of the fee is performance related. it was a fucking joke piece of business from day one. and when we do actually come to sell the waster, we'll lose 5% of his fee!

* €5m upfront

* €3m by 4th January 2010

* €7m by June 30th 2010

* €5m by June 30th 2011.

Base transfer fee = €20m

Further Add ons include:

* €300k for every year Liverpool qualify for the CL from 2010/11 to 2014/15.

* €250k every time the player reaches 35 appearancs; 70 appearances; 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

* €1m the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

* 5% of any future transfer fee paid to Roma.

very little of the fee is performance related. it was a fucking joke piece of business from day one. and when we do actually come to sell the waster, we'll lose 5% of his fee!

* €5m upfront

* €3m by 4th January 2010

* €7m by June 30th 2010

* €5m by June 30th 2011.

Base transfer fee = €20m

Further Add ons include:

* €300k for every year Liverpool qualify for the CL from 2010/11 to 2014/15.

* €250k every time the player reaches 35 appearancs; 70 appearances; 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

* €1m the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

* 5% of any future transfer fee paid to Roma.

Fuck me that's grim. Really is a case of shit scouting and desperate manager deciding to roll the dice probably without looking at the player himself.