You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

know your joking on Aliadiere but we can't actually sign out of contract players, or we can but can't play them unless we sign them before tommorrow due to the 25man squad list, Jonathan Zebina was released earlier and i thought he might be worth signing albeit i haven't seen him play for a couple of years

Zebina signed for Brescia almost straight after his release, 2 year contract.

We're going to have to add 4 u21's to make up the squad list to 25.

U21's dont count towards 25 ali, you can have as many as you like

Am aware, what I was trying to point out is we only have 21 players and we will need to add 4 x U21's to make up the squad list to 25. I can't imagine many clubs in the prem having to do that.

Am aware, what I was trying to point out is we only have 21 players and we will need to add 4 x U21's to make up the squad list to 25. I can't imagine many clubs in the prem having to do that.

its a max of 25 of which max of 17 can be foriegn. You dont actually have to put in 25

Any lingering doubts have now evaporated. We are being asset stripped.

Sorry mate but thats just a load of old tosh.

Asset stripped ? Why because we failed in an attempt to land a back up striker or because we have loaned a few out and cut our wage bill a fair bit ?

EDIT;

Tell you what dont respond, I just cannot be arsed.

I just found this on Liverpool-rumours.co.uk and thought it may be of some interest, might be complete bollocks aswell but I will post anyway

01 Sep 2010 00:15:57

Well rather than wait to share what I've been told and type it when the other "itk's" start reforming I have had a few days to talk to a few people and ask some questions etc concerning the sale of our club.

And tbh it's not easy reading initially because the anger we are feeling now as regards to a VERY poor showing during the transfer window . . .but

Mascherano WANTED to go, even though Roy tried to convince him that certain things would happen in the near future, he didn't want to stick around to find out.

Last week Roy had a meeting with broughton, purslow and dalglish, and whilst they talked about possible signings etc Roy asked how much of a budget he would have, he apparently mentioned purslows £12 million plus sales quote, but was told some genuine info about the takeover and was told to wait and see.

Basically broughton and purslow informed Roy that hicks lied to them all when he mentioned a big summer etc and that money from player sales would be sacrosanct.

Basically he is trying to delay the inevietable from happening etc. .and this leaves us with broughton and purslow being pitched against the two "owners" Ayer is a minor point because he's already made his pitch with broughton. .but purslow was wavering, but now has come into the fold.

Basically you will start to see a few things with hicks in the coming weeks. Anything from the ramblings about the stadium to the amount of revenue that has been generated etc, but as many of you may know on the 1st they get fined £20 million and whilst the sale of mascherano MAY go towards this. .it is still good news.

I've talked to a friend about the "new owners" and why haven't they made their approach for the club made known to the public and quite simply put. .it's because the time is not right sadly.

They confirmed that the following two are definately interested and that they have done DD and as I've stated all along they are:

Shiek Mohammed and

A group from abu dhabi

They also stated that an American has just entered the process of doing due diligence and that he may also take this further, but as regards to who it is I don't know. .but apparently a senior representative of his was at the match the other day and he's going to be seen at a few more matches in the very near future.

But the link between all this again comes back to the meeting had last week. .and what with the fine heading towards g&h there is also the October 6th hearing.

And the STRONG indications are that rbs are being forced by the government to start calling in certain high risk debts and this has alerted the interested parties .

Roy has been made aware of what is going on, and he's been promised that if he can keep Liverpool on track til the next transfer window then he will be given an "open cheque book" because the end is coming for g&h.

Again believe what you want to believe, knock what you want. but these things are happening, I know it's demoralizing at the momment and I hate to say things will APPEAR to be worse in the coming weeks, BUT IT IS NOT. Re banks will force a sale and whoever buys us be it shiek Mohammed etc could dave a few hundred million and if this happens then trust me, the next transfer window WE WILL BLOW ALL OF THEM AWAY big time

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said quite interesting especially about Purslow fence sitting but now swapping sides, the rep for the Americans being at the game and the Government forcing RBS to get shut of "high risk accounts", especially as we know RBS is Government owned now.

It's mind blowing we haven't secured a striker after last season's horrors. It still hasn't sunk in that we can be this stupid. In fact I live in very faint hope of a deal still being finalised a la Arshavin last yr ... not gonna happen i know but these are the times.

The fact we waited till the last day just makes me think people at the club didn't really want us to sign anyone but had to make it look like we did.

It was obvious to everyone last season and even further back that we were desperate for another striker so why would you leave it to the last hours where there is a chance you might not be able to make a deal.

Also swapping Babel for Cole or Pav is retarded, we are weak in the wide areas as well as strikers so why would you sell a guy who can play up top or out wide.

Fuck the club is an absolute joke at the moment and of course we are back to silence on the takeover during a time where everything was meant to be happening.