You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sepp Blatter

mht1892

The problem with FIFA is the same problem I have with the people running the FA , the people running the 2012 Olympics, the people squandering 30 million pound raised by Wimbledon is that it is a fucking huge gravy train and no one and i mean no one will ever challenge it because if you manage to get in your on that gravy train flown first class to all fifa/uefa functions paid ridiculous amounts of money (eg. David Davies acting chief exec of the FA. was on £995,000 per year) and fawned over you ain't gonna question the dictator Blatter as it will be the equivilant of off with your head and out the door you go.

They have taken the working mans game, recognised the level of corporate sponsorship and whoring that can be made off it and filled their boots whilst laughing at all us stupid cunts who keep paying through the nose for tickets/shirts etc to follow our club. Deep down they have no interest in changing anything about the game whilst they can continue to milk the fucking arse out of it

Its not just Blatter there is fucking loads of the cunts raping OUR game

What's even more maddening about that is, afterwards, they made out as though the real mistake was that the replay was shown in the stadium, not the obvious offside.

This cunt isn't going anywhere though is he? People give Platini stick, but at least he's trying to bring about changes.

Nothing will be done. He's just paying lip service.

He is trying to get another 4 year term.

His argument about how having goal line technology would be unfair to poor people is ridiculous.

WHO CARES! As long every team in the one competition has it it doesn't matter what other leagues do. It's like saying the premier league should use cheaper balls because Dickwads united can't afford to use that one in their pub league so that's not fair for everybody in the world who plays the fucking game Blatter you fucking idiot.

Going by Bladder's logic we'll be fine when Tom and George have us kicking a tin can around a public park with coats for goal posts.

There was an article in the paper down here today about where the money for Australia's world cup bid is going, I'd imagine most countries are pretty much the same. FIFA gravy train is right:

TWO controversial European lobbyists hired to help bring the soccer World Cup to Australia stand to receive up to $11.37 million in fees and bonuses - one-quarter of the taxpayer-funded bid - according to secret Football Federation Australia files.

The files include a spreadsheet that suggests the federal government was not told specific details about how taxpayers' money was to be spent on the lobbyists and grants to overseas football bodies headed by powerful FIFA officials.

An investigation by The Age into Australia's World Cup bid can also reveal how the FFA:

■ Bought Paspaley pearl necklaces for the wives of many of the 24 FIFA executive committee members who in December will decide which countries will host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Pearl cufflinks were also handed out, taking the total value of the gifts to an estimated $50,000.

■ Offered an all-expenses-paid trip to South American FIFA executive committee member Rafael Salguero and his wife to Australia this year to mark his birthday.

■ Paid for a Caribbean football team linked to FIFA vice-president Jack Warner to travel to Cyprus last year.

Confidential documents show Mr Hargitay and Mr Radmann - who have been hired to direct Australia's lobbying of FIFA officials - stand to make $11.37 million if Australia wins the right to host the 2022 World Cup. Australia this month withdrew its bid for the 2018 World Cup.

Mr Hargitay is being paid $1.35 million by the FFA and has a success fee of $2.54 million. Mr Radmann's work for the Australian bid, which the FFA has attempted to keep confidential, will earn him up to $3.49 million via a German consulting firm. He is also entitled to a $3.99 million success fee. As part of a separate contract, the

FFA is paying Mr Radmann's business partner, Andreas Abold, an additional $3 million for World Cup "bid book production and bid advice". It is unclear if Mr Abold will also receive some of Mr Radmann's fees.

The mid-2009 FFA bid budget spreadsheet also suggests the government was not told details about plans to give $6.5 million in taxpayer funds to football bodies in Africa, Asia and Oceania. The document states that the FFA's bid strategy will give large grants to "international football development".

The government was told by the FFA that $11.37 million was going to "consultants/agencies". But the FFA prepared a more detailed spreadsheet for its own executives, specifically outlining how this figure would be divided into fees and bonuses for Mr Hargitay and Mr Radmann's international "advocacy" campaign.

The gift of the pearl necklaces and cufflinks was given at a 2008 dinner for FIFA officials at FFA chairman Frank Lowy's home after Australia had publicly announced its World Cup bid intentions but before the formal bidding process had begun.

"It is a widely accepted, common practice among governments, many business and sporting organisations to provide symbolic gifts to visiting international delegations," Mr Buckley said.

FIFA permits "occasional gifts" of "symbolic or incidental value".

It is believed the FFA funded the Trinidad and Tobago under-20 team's travel to Cyprus at the request of Mr Hargitay, who is close to Mr Warner, who is also Caribbean football chief.

In several FFA documents, Mr Hargitay refers to his strong ties to "Jack".

Mr Warner has been repeatedly accused of using FIFA status to enrich himself and his family. After an investigation in 2006, FIFA ordered him to repay $US1 million his family earned through the improper sale of World Cup tickets.

In October last year, Mr Warner returned a $435 luxury handbag - one of 24 given to the wives of FIFA executive committee members - from the English bid team, after media reports in Britain.

FFA documents make it clear that Mr Radmann and Mr Hargitay are managing the international "strategy" on behalf of the Australian bid team. They boast ties to some of international soccer's most powerful men, including German soccer legend Franz Beckenbauer and FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

Both Mr Radmann and Mr Hargitay have colourful histories. Mr Radmann, who has worked as an aide to Mr Beckenbauer, has been implicated in:

■ A scheme in 2000 to allegedly offer financial inducements to key FIFA Exco officials to get them to back Germany's bid to host the 2006 World Cup.

■ Conflict of interest scandals in 2003 that forced him to stand down from Germany's World Cup organising committee.

It is understood Australian bid officials sought to minimise any publicity about Mr Radmann's involvement in the bid.

Mr Hargitay's past includes being twice acquitted for cocaine trafficking in the 1990s and an alleged link to a securities fraud in Hungary, according to US court documents from 1997.

Mr Hargitay also boasts about daily meetings in South Africa with Asian Football Confederation boss and Exco member Mohammad bin Hammam.

Documents detail Mr Hargitay's role arranging meetings between overseas football officials and Mr Lowy and Australian politicians. Former prime minister Kevin Rudd met Mr Warner in Trinidad and Tobago last November.

Asked about the FFA's engagement of Mr Hargitay and Mr Radmann, Mr Buckley said Australia's bid required "the input and expertise of international consultants with specific experience in the area of bidding for major football events".

Jack Warner is a bad hat and his shitty little fifedom in the Caribbean delivers votes.

FIFA are a joke, Warner is more bent than Darren. Tell me why St Kitts and Nevis should have any vote on anything important equal to that of, say, even fucking Belgium. At least that shitty little blot on Mother Earths geograpy have managed to produce a decent mass-marketed lager and a fine goalkeeper, even if he was a Waloon. Or was he Flemish? Probably a Frenchman left behind after one of the many forays from Germany. They're fucking useless these days the Belgian national side, always losing to some former CCCP outpost. Trappist twats, everyone knows the best monks are in Tibet and Nepal.

How the fuck these bandits at FIFA get away with this? Well, for a start the fuckers HQ is in Switzerland. What secrets lay in those banks Sepp?

Secondly, they (FIFA, not the Belgians or Swiss) are nothing more than practicing neo-colonialists using football as their leverage.

Anyway, perhaps I've had one too many Heinekens as i think I'm starting to sound like Dennis Tooth. Not that that's a bad thing.

You know why this fat bloated fuck tart that runs FIFA is so keen on African football? He doesn't give a sausage that kids don't have a footie to kick around in Sierra Leone but he does care that Africa has 50+ votes at the FIFA congress.

As Maradona said, Havelange was the arms dealer and Blatter supplied the bullets.

Three people who need to fuck off from this tournament now:

Platini

Blatter

Jagger

I think Clinton has already gone home. Maybe Platini has as well. He' s a bad hat, too and even Maradona kind of said so but did take it back but I know he really meant it.

Oh, and Sepp telling that French President to mind his own business. sarkozy at least had a fine piece of French tail, I imagine Blatter is paying through some FIFA development fund for his tail.

Haha...one day I'm going to move to Switzerland, open a checking acoount, get a cuckoo clock, invite Clinton over to shove Toberlones in some skanks hoo-hoo, start some NGO like Football Without Borders and Twats and let the $$$ roll in.

So, Bernard Kouchner, tired of your gig as French foreign minister? A la Monty Python we 'won't mention the war..ie-Rwanda' and you can ride shotgun on my NGO Football WBATS inquiry.

Can someone please book me a ticket to Accra so we can arrest Kevin Prince-Boateng for crimes against body art? I'll drop off Mr Medicens sans Frontier in Kigali and he can explain how they got all those Hutu's out on French planes. MSF to French foreign minister? Any Greenpeace sinkings on the agenda?

I honestly wonder how some people wake up in the morning and function with their moral compasses all over the shop like they're at 90N.

Funny how they showed no replay of Villa's offside goal and that red card incident yesterday - I wonder if Blatter has not had a word !!

Probably got tired of apologising for terrible decisions on behalf of referees and linesmen, and what is more convenient than to cencor the TV production......

Jack Warner is a bad hat and his shitty little fifedom in the Caribbean delivers votes.

FIFA are a joke, Warner is more bent than Darren. Tell me why St Kitts and Nevis should have any vote on anything important equal to that of, say, even fucking Belgium. At least that shitty little blot on Mother Earths geograpy have managed to produce a decent mass-marketed lager and a fine goalkeeper, even if he was a Waloon. Or was he Flemish? Probably a Frenchman left behind after one of the many forays from Germany. They're fucking useless these days the Belgian national side, always losing to some former CCCP outpost. Trappist twats, everyone knows the best monks are in Tibet and Nepal.

How the fuck these bandits at FIFA get away with this? Well, for a start the fuckers HQ is in Switzerland. What secrets lay in those banks Sepp?

Secondly, they (FIFA, not the Belgians or Swiss) are nothing more than practicing neo-colonialists using football as their leverage.

Anyway, perhaps I've had one too many Heinekens as i think I'm starting to sound like Dennis Tooth. Not that that's a bad thing.

You know why this fat bloated fuck tart that runs FIFA is so keen on African football? He doesn't give a sausage that kids don't have a footie to kick around in Sierra Leone but he does care that Africa has 50+ votes at the FIFA congress.

As Maradona said, Havelange was the arms dealer and Blatter supplied the bullets.

Three people who need to fuck off from this tournament now:

Platini

Blatter

Jagger

I think Clinton has already gone home. Maybe Platini has as well. He' s a bad hat, too and even Maradona kind of said so but did take it back but I know he really meant it.

Oh, and Sepp telling that French President to mind his own business. sarkozy at least had a fine piece of French tail, I imagine Blatter is paying through some FIFA development fund for his tail.

Haha...one day I'm going to move to Switzerland, open a checking acoount, get a cuckoo clock, invite Clinton over to shove Toberlones in some skanks hoo-hoo, start some NGO like Football Without Borders and Twats and let the $$$ roll in.

So, Bernard Kouchner, tired of your gig as French foreign minister? A la Monty Python we 'won't mention the war..ie-Rwanda' and you can ride shotgun on my NGO Football WBATS inquiry.

Can someone please book me a ticket to Accra so we can arrest Kevin Prince-Boateng for crimes against body art? I'll drop off Mr Medicens sans Frontier in Kigali and he can explain how they got all those Hutu's out on French planes. MSF to French foreign minister? Any Greenpeace sinkings on the agenda?

I honestly wonder how some people wake up in the morning and function with their moral compasses all over the shop like they're at 90N.

Awesome, I think even the late Hunter S. would be happy at that post. Would rep but have given out too much, thanks if anyone else can.

Funny how they showed no replay of Villa's offside goal and that red card incident yesterday - I wonder if Blatter has not had a word !!

Probably got tired of apologising for terrible decisions on behalf of referees and linesmen, and what is more convenient than to cencor the TV production......

Most likely, one of them even said they'd be cracking down on match footage after what's already happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Blatter rejects World Cup criticism | Evening Echo

Everything has been great at WC in South Africa, the referees has been great, just a few human errors and everyone loves the vuvuzuelas. Also, we cannot judge it against other WC's, because it was on a different continent. How far removed from reality is this man?

Blatter rejects World Cup criticism

7/11/2010 - 1:04:25 PM

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has defended the 2010 World Cup from criticism over empty seats and poor refereeing standards.

The head of world football’s governing body also claimed he was not surprised by the poor showing by African countries.

Instead, the 74-year-old believes the decision by Ivory Coast and Nigeria to change coaches just months before the tournament made it very tough for them to make an impact.

“You cannot manage a national team when you coach two or three months before the competition and this has happened in two of the associations, Ivory Coast and Nigeria,” Blatter told BBC Radio Five Live’s Sportsweek programme. “And therefore it would have been a miracle if they went through.”

Refereeing mistakes have been highlighted at the tournament, most notably when Frank Lampard’s shot in the quarter-final defeat to Germany clearly crossed the line but a goal was not given.

“We are bound by the best referees we have,” Blatter said. “We tried to get them on top but naturally referees are human beings and they commit errors like everybody.”

On the empty seats, Blatter added: “Empty seats yes but not empty stadia. Don’t forget 95% of all tickets have been sold.

“Not everybody came to the stadia. If you have seen in some of the stadia empty seats it came from hospitality, and we know hospitality does not work as we have expected because there is not the same enthusiasm as there has been for hospitality seats in other World Cups.”

Blatter also claimed fans had embraced the vuvuzela, which has divided opinion.

“We’ve survived the vuvuzelas, everybody has survived the vuvuzelas,” he said. “I don’t think we can just take them away.

“This is not only the African way, because all the visitors coming here have started to buy the vuvuzelas and in the final there will be not even 50% African people in the stadium but everybody will have a vuvuzela.”

Blatter said it was not possible to judge this World Cup in comparison to others, but described it as “special”.

He said: “It was a World Cup on a new continent with a new culture and therefore it must be analysed on different levels, but if you look at the enthusiasm in Africa and also the repercussion in the world, if you look to the television audiences around the world, if you look to the fan-fests everywhere in the world then I have to say it was a special World Cup.

“All these fan-fests were not only because it was football but specifically because it comes from Africa. I cannot make a ranking of the World Cup but it was a very attractive World Cup and for me it was also a very emotional World Cup.”

Saw this not long ago too, couldn't really believe what I was reading :

Fifa 'pressures' Mandela to attend World Cup final

Nelson Mandela's grandson says the former South African president has been put under "extreme pressure" by Fifa to attend Sunday's World Cup final. Mandla Mandela said the engagement would be "strenuous" for a man who turns 92 next week. Nelson Mandela cancelled plans to attend the opening ceremony after his great-granddaughter died in a car crash the night before the tournament.

Fifa head Sepp Blatter has said it will be "wonderful" if Mr Mandela attends.

Speaking to the BBC, Mandla Mandela said: "We've come under extreme pressure from Fifa (the governing body of world football) requiring and wishing that my grandfather be at the final. But I think that decision will solemnly lie with him, as how he wakes up today, how he feels, and what his medical team says."

"My grandfather is 92 years old next week, this is an evening game; he's expected to hand over the trophy after the game which could be anything from 2230 to 2300 and it will be quite strenuous on his part."

The final takes place at Soccer City in Johannesburg on Sunday evening between the Netherlands and Spain. Despite the varied quality of football, the tournament has been seen as a huge public relations success for South Africa. Nelson Mandela's attendance would be seen as the perfect end to a competition that has boosted not only his country but all of Africa.

However, he remains in frail health and is still in mourning for great-granddaughter Zenani Mandela, 13, who was killed in a car crash after leaving a World Cup concert in Soweto on the eve of the tournament.

Mandla Mandela said: "I think people ought to just understand the family's traditions and customs and understand we've had a loss in the family and we are in mourning and that for me would be enough reason to leave the family to be for now."

On Thursday, Mr Blatter said: "We cannot foresee exactly what will happen, but if [Nelson Mandela] can come to the stadium it will be good.

"He has had this trophy in his hand when he was in Zurich in 2004, and it will be a wonderful moment for him, for football, for Africa - if this can be a possibility."

BBC News - Fifa 'pressures' Mandela to attend World Cup final

Saw this not long ago too, couldn't really believe what I was reading :

Fifa 'pressures' Mandela to attend World Cup final

Nelson Mandela's grandson says the former South African president has been put under "extreme pressure" by Fifa to attend Sunday's World Cup final. Mandla Mandela said the engagement would be "strenuous" for a man who turns 92 next week...

Unreal. Such a scummy bunch of gangsters they are.

Don't see the problem with the comments to be honest. Blatter added the proviso "if this can be a possibility" right after saying why it might be a good thing for Mandela to attend. It's not a request. I can understand his grandson being upset though if it's the same grandson whose daughter was killed just before the tournament.

Don't see the problem with the comments to be honest.

Same, it's just wondering what's been going on behind the scenes. If they're saying he's under that much pressure they've probably been annoying him a decent bit at least. And to do that to a 91 year-old (and one that's mourning.) is just completely fucked. Will be interesting seeing how the story moves on as we'll surely hear more.

Don't see the problem with the comments to be honest. Blatter added the proviso "if this can be a possibility" right after saying why it might be a good thing for Mandela to attend. It's not a request. I can understand his grandson being upset though if it's the same grandson whose daughter was killed just before the tournament.

It's been a long time since Der Bomber made an appearance at the World Cup.

• 1 year later...
Guest The Big Green Bastard

Just heard on the radio that he has decided to put 250K of FIFA money into an account to compensate victims of the recent Egyptian tragedy, setting what i would believe to be a precedent.

There won't be much to share as there were 74 deaths in total, but how does this sit with previous tragedies that were not compensated by FIFA? can we expect claims from families of victims in the past to now ask FIFA where their compensation is. Considering that Egyptian football is of such a low profile until the recent events, i fail to understand Sepps compassionate attitude.