You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The RBS plan kicks off tomorrow night please Join. if you havent already.

Guest simon

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest simon

Dear Liverpool Supporter,

Please copy and paste the following email message, signing your name at the foot of the page and send to the names listed below at approximately 8pm on Wednesday the 10th of March.

To: -

Stephen.Hester@rbs.co.uk; John.HOURICAN@rbs.com; Roger.Lowry@rbs.co.uk; rebecca.oliphant@rbs.com; Public.Affairs@rbs.co.uk

CC: -

thicks@hicksholdings.com; tohjr@hicksholdings.com; gngillett@bcmgt.com;

ian.ayre@liverpoolfc.tv; Philip.Nash@liverpoolfc.tv; warren.bradley@liverpool.gov.uk;

howardm@parliament.uk; KILFOYLEP@parliament.uk; Chris.Bascombe@notw.co.uk;

david.maddock@mgn.co.uk; dominick48@hotmail.com; Gary.Jacob@thetimes.co.uk;

helen.power@thetimes.co.uk; henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk; John.Richardson@Express.co.uk;

john.thompson@liverpool.com; lee.clayton@dailymail.co.uk; Oliver.Kay@thetimes.co.uk;

tpanja@bloomberg.net; paul.joyce@express.co.uk; rory.smith@telegraph.co.uk; tony.evans@thetimes.co.uk; birdc@parliament.uk;

Dear Mr Hester,

Having reviewed the company accounts in relation to Liverpool Football Club and Parent Company Kop Football Ltd, of which there is approximately £237M worth of debt; it is clear that the business model operated by the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett is unsustainable.

Whilst I appreciate that any refinancing package deal is a confidential matter between the Royal Bank of Scotland and the current owners of Liverpool Football Club, it is also a very personal issue for many Liverpool supporters around the world. As a British Tax Payer and a Lifelong Liverpool fan, I can assure you that I am not happy that my hard earned money is being used to pay for the purchase of Liverpool Football Club for George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

There is an ever increasing sense of anger and resentment towards the the owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, which is likely to turn towards RBS if the refinancing deal is extended in the coming months.

It is my understanding that if the Refinancing deal is renegotiated beyond July 2010, then a campaign in protest against the Royal Bank of Scotland will take place which will include Billboards with anti-RBS messages encouraging Liverpool Fans to Boycott RBS in a similar manner to the Boycott of the Sun Newspaper (please see below).

Debt Lies Cowboys – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Anfield Road » Don’t buy The Sun

If your objective is "the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club" then I urge you to formally refuse any longer term refinancing for Hicks and Gillett, thus leaving the current obligations needing to be immediately repaid.

We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club are effectively paying the loan repayments for Hicks and Gillett, and as taxpayers have a "controlling stake" in RBS. We should therefore have a say in where our money is being invested.

The ball is firmly in your court.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool Supporter

Feel free to add to it.

Guest simon
Why do words like "billboards" and "lifelong" have capital letters?

Jeez lad theres about 800 people gonna send it off already instead of doing the good thing you try to take the piss.

If RBS leave, the cunts will simply get the money from the junk bond market like the Glazers have

Not only does that mean we pay even more fucking interest, we have even less influence as at least RBS give a small fuck about UK publicity.

Once the debt is held by an annoymous bond-holder, we won't even know who it is & they won't give a flying fuck.

If RBS leave, the cunts will simply get the money from the junk bond market like the Glazers have

Not only does that mean we pay even more fucking interest, we have even less influence as at least RBS give a small fuck about UK publicity.

Once the debt is held by an annoymous bond-holder, we won't even know who it is & they won't give a flying fuck.

Completely agree. They have an incentive to encourage a takeover, or at the very least a substantial investment and watering down of the twats' influence.

Guest simon

"If your objective is "the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club" then I urge you to formally refuse any longer term refinancing for Hicks and Gillett, thus leaving the current obligations needing to be immediately repaid."

Guest PurpleNose

I think it will force them closer to selling though.

I just done it, simon.

But got this for one of the email addresses:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

birdc@parliament.uk

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Guest simon
I just done it, simon.

But got this for one of the email addresses:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

birdc@parliament.uk

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Yeah me too. 1 out of how many is there isnt a worry.

Guest simon
just out of interest like who is going to organise the billboards and RBS boycott.

In my opinion there is only one boycott associated with LFC and any others dilute the impact on that.

just my opinion.

Dont know yet like i said edit how you like just as long as it isnt abusive and you leave the To and CC the way they are.

With addresses edited, suitable to be sent via Apple Mail & incorrect (returned) addresses removed:

To: Stephen.Hester@rbs.co.uk, John.HOURICAN@rbs.com, Roger.Lowry@rbs.co.uk, rebecca.oliphant@rbs.com

Cc: thicks@hicksholdings.com, tohjr@hicksholdings.com, gngillett@bcmgt.com, ian.ayre@liverpoolfc.tv, Philip.Nash@liverpoolfc.tv, warren.bradley@liverpool.gov.uk, howardm@parliament.uk, KILFOYLEP@parliament.uk, Chris.Bascombe@notw.co.uk, david.maddock@mgn.co.uk, dominick48@hotmail.com, Gary.Jacob@thetimes.co.uk, helen.power@thetimes.co.uk, henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk, John.Richardson@Express.co.uk, john.thompson@liverpool.com, lee.clayton@dailymail.co.uk, Oliver.Kay@thetimes.co.uk, tpanja@bloomberg.net, paul.joyce@express.co.uk, rory.smith@telegraph.co.uk, tony.evans@thetimes.co.uk

Subject: Debt. Lies. Cowboys. Parasites.

Dear Mr Hester,

Having reviewed the company accounts in relation to Liverpool Football Club and Parent Company Kop Football Ltd, of which there is approximately £237M worth of debt; it is clear that the business model operated by the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett is unsustainable.

Whilst I appreciate that any refinancing package deal is a confidential matter between the Royal Bank of Scotland and the current owners of Liverpool Football Club, it is also a very personal issue for many Liverpool supporters around the world. As a British Tax Payer and a Lifelong Liverpool fan, I can assure you that I am not happy that my hard earned money is being used to pay for the purchase of Liverpool Football Club for George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

There is an ever increasing sense of anger and resentment towards the the owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, which is likely to turn towards RBS if the refinancing deal is extended in the coming months.

It is my understanding that if the Refinancing deal is renegotiated beyond July 2010, then a campaign in protest against the Royal Bank of Scotland will take place which will include Billboards with anti-RBS messages encouraging Liverpool Fans to Boycott RBS in a similar manner to the Boycott of the Sun Newspaper (please see below).

Debt Lies Cowboys – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Anfield Road » Don’t buy The Sun

If your objective is "the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club" then I urge you to formally refuse any longer term refinancing for Hicks and Gillett, thus leaving the current obligations needing to be immediately repaid.

We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club are effectively paying the loan repayments for Hicks and Gillett, and as taxpayers have a "controlling stake" in RBS. We should therefore have a say in where our money is being invested.

The ball is firmly in your court.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool Supporter