You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan Away - Match Thread

RyanLFC

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted about that. We were just poor - as on so many other occasions this season. I honestly thought, with 10 games to go and players back, that we'd kick on and put in a good run and get fourth easily.

Now I don't know what to think. Will the good run come? If it ever does (and that is a huge IF) we will be in an almighty scrap for fourth. But it needs a good run to get into that fight!

Games running out. Team playing poorly. Not good. Not good at all.

thats our strongest side out there, we had over £60m worth of talent on the bench(but he's had no money), people need to realise we have a very poor manager who cant motivate, is tacticlly inept and cannot play attacking football, when we go behind he's like a rabbit in the headlights.

He has lost the players they dont trust him and its so obvious senior players dont wana play for him and wether that be right or wrong something has to give and it has to be the manager, a new manager would get better results from the same bunch of players, enough is enough. 9 defeats lets see you try that at Juve Rafa

Good post, time up Rafa.

We are not going to see Champions league football for a good while now. Let's say Villa get forth; City and Spurs will always spend big in the summer and Villa will get the cash and experience that come with CL football. Are we going to improve the squad in the summer to surpass other clubs spending? Not a chance.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I am not defending that. Shit sandwich. Goodnight.

Yep, it is going to take a pretty big can of air freshener to block the shitty stink from that match.

Gutted about that. We were just poor - as on so many other occasions this season. I honestly thought, with 10 games to go and players back, that we'd kick on and put in a good run and get fourth easily.

Now I don't know what to think. Will the good run come? If it ever does (and that is a huge IF) we will be in an almighty scrap for fourth. But it needs a good run to get into that fight!

Games running out. Team playing poorly. Not good. Not good at all.

Before and after tonight's game, I'm worried about the same thing - OUR form.

Regardless of what Spurs or City or Villa does, I'm convinced we will continue to be shit. There is just no life in that team, no motivation. We just have 11 bodies who think "if they give it a shot, its good enough".

We are fucked. Big time. Just can't see us getting out of this mess.

We've been shit since pre-season started with a couple of good games (literally a couple) in between. That's 30+ games and not by any stretch of imagination a slump. It is our current level.

Rafa took us forward incredibly fast in 2005 but sadly seems capable of taking us backwards at the same pace. There is no obvious attacking game plan, we are piss easy to read and we don't have a plan B for the situations where Gerrard or Torres doesn't pull us through.

And before anyone starts with the money argument, it is fucking obviously clear that we are punching well below our weight this season.

If Rafa somehow stays on for the remainder of the season, I'd say 6th is the best we can hope for.

I suppose I should be a bit hardened to poor performances this season, but I am still shell-shocked by our lack of quality tonight. I have never seen our passing as bad as that.

I have been bullish about 4th place all season despite the evidence in front of my eyes, but I don't think we are going to do it & if that is the case I hope we miss out on the Europa league also, to allow us to concentrate on just 3 targets.

Felt Skidfingers was a bit unfair in his summation earlier, as the Greek & Aquilani acquitted themselves well also.

Lost more league games than the previous two seasons combined. That was as bad as it gets tonight, we're not getting 4th so I'd just settle for some decent football to see off the season. And then we have to rebuild in the summer. Again.

Agreed. We should start playing as if 4th is out of the question now. We might just about get some decent football in then.

Doubt it though. We will bore Pompey to death next.

When we play away I don't have much confidence anymore at all, no matter who we play. Have no clue what the fuck happened tonight but it was just horrible to watch. Can't really think of anything else to say, but no words can sum up just how fucked up things are at the moment anyway so it doesn't matter.

I honestly think we'll be lucky to get a europa place now though when thinking about it, and can't believe I'm even typing this.