You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan Away - Match Thread

RyanLFC

Only saw the first half due to my stream giving out, but can't imagine it improved any in the second. Based on the first half Mascherano can hold his head up high, and everyone else can hang theirs in shame - both on and off the pitch. I don't know about flying out to Lille, I think they need to fly out to a beach somewhere and forget about football for a week.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually pray that we can sack most of them off.

Yeah. Some shocking sub-standard players at this club and constantly in the XI. I have no time for a lot of our players and I really hope we see one of those summer clear outs that newspapers always go on about but rarely come to being. How much do you have to get paid to pass the ball forward, with urgency, to someone you spend half the week with?

Enough.

Gutted! Fuck knows where we go from here apart from sixth. Just pray we can keep the squad together

Could i just say every time you post my eyes sort of go a bit funny, and i think it says 'Mendoza', and i think i ve gone mental for a second as i dont remember posting on this page, then my eyes correct themselves and i see that you just have a slightly similar username to mine. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Q - why isn't Rafa going for broke re: 4th spot just as he did last season when the title slipped away?

A - (Don't laugh now) Because I think the misguided fool thinks we can win the Europa. I know, I know...

One point about Gerrard:

Do all the matchwinning performances that he's pulled out over the years give him the right to an off game or two? Yes, undoubtedly.

Do all the matchwinning performances that he's pulled out over the years give him the right to mince around the pitch with that pathetic, grizzling, mopy, whiny fucking face like a slapped arse on him, whilst contributing absolutely fuck all? No. As far as I'm concerned, nothing gives the captain of Liverpool Football Club the right to do that.

If he's too unfit, or injured, or overcome with grief, or apathy or whatever the fuck it is to even look interested, he should declare himself unavailable and give that armband to someone that would respect it and respect the fans that have shelled out money to go and see that fucking abortion tonight. I thought he'd grown up over the last couple of seasons but he's right back to his petulant Stevie Me ways - fuck the team, Stevie's unhappy so he'll mope around until everyone feels sorry for him.

How can you fucking blame Stevie?

Granted he was woeful tonight but he's pulled Rafa's arse out of the fire more times than anyone else.

Ultimately he's just as fucking fed up as we are.

So that gives him the right to not give a fuck? No it doesnt. He's the captain. Granted a bad game is aloowed here or there but this is becoming all too frequent.

Granted he was woeful tonight but he's pulled Rafa's arse out of the fire more times than anyone else.

Agreed.

Gerrard is the least of our problems.

Kuyt, Insua, Lucas, Maxi are all probably all indiviually good enough to get into a Liverpool squad, but not in a first XI. They all started tonight and we need better quality than those players.

We've got some of the best players in the top six or seven teams in the leagues first XI - the problem is we've also got some of the worst and in my opinion the most under performing manager in the league.

We are not going to see Champions league football for a good while now. Let's say Villa get forth; City and Spurs will always spend big in the summer and Villa will get the cash and experience that come with CL football. Are we going to improve the squad in the summer to surpass other clubs spending? Not a chance.

Thats what i'm seriously worried about and i'm surprised more people arn't talking about.

Obviously alot of people know the situation with our finances but we're in the sort of precarious position now that basically without investment we are pretty much fucked.

City, Villa and Spurs have strong squads which they will no doubt strengthen by varying degrees. Even if we had finished in the top 4 this year its unlikely we'd be able to bring in any top names but now we're well and truly fucked.

No Champions League, no money, very thin squad, possibility of players leaving.

We're well on the way to being a middle table club unless something changes.

So that gives him the right to not give a fuck? No it doesnt. He's the captain. Granted a bad game is aloowed here or there but this is becoming all too frequent.

No of course it doesnt but it must fucking finally of taken its toll on him after years of bailing him out.

Get a new manager in and you'll see him back to his best.

I said his attitude tonight stank and it isn't for the first time. You said yourself that he was woeful but that's not the end of it - when it's not going for him, I want to see him get his head down and graft for the team, not crack that sobby face like a kid that's lost his iPod. In my opinion, it's one of many factors that contributed to a woeful performance tonight, I didn't list them all because most of them have already been done to death and after dross like that, I'd be here all night writing a five page post.

As for him being as fed up as me, I'm not being paid over £100,000 a week to play football. I don't give two fucks how upset he's feeling to be honest, for nintey minutes he's paid to put that on one side and do his best.

Do you think he did the best he could tonight? Honestly?

As for him being as fed up as me, I'm not being paid over £100,000 a week to play football. I don't give two fucks how upset he's feeling to be honest, for nintey minutes he's paid to put that on one side and do his best.

Do you think he did the best he could tonight? Honestly?

I don't disagree with you at all, I think he does look like hes moping around and hes feeling a bit sorry for himself, and I agree 100,000 grand a week he should be cutting that shit out.

But I really cant blame him, christ that was shocking out there tonight, shocking from everyone, and more often that not when we've been shocking hes been there to bail us out. I think eventually it had to end.

He can't bail out shite players forever.

No of course it doesnt but it must fucking finally of taken its toll on him after years of bailing him out.

Get a new manager in and you'll see him back to his best.

So why was he busting a gut in Houlliers last season then? Given we was worse then and given he was more important to the sides success.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Absolutely spot on, and the same goes for a lot of the players.

The sad thing is, he's getting paid over a 100 grand a week to do something any one of us would do for free, and have dreamt of doing: pull on a red shirt and go out and play for Liverpool Football Club.

I don't disagree with you at all, I think he does look like hes moping around and hes feeling a bit sorry for himself, and I agree 100,000 grand a week he should be cutting that shit out.

But I really cant blame him, christ that was shocking out there tonight, shocking from everyone, and more often that not when we've been shocking hes been there to bail us out. I think eventually it had to end.

He can't bail out shite players forever.

All I expect him (and any other player) to do is the best they can. He can't be a godlike matchwinning genius every night, even Pele had shit games, but I want him to look like he's pulling for the team and leading those around him by example. I get annoyed when he looks like he's attention seeking for himself. I already know he's pissed off, it's the pantomime of dismay that fucking irks me.

Do not know were to start with that shit feast. Not the first time I have felt like this and it is just depressing watching us play, or attempting to play.

A simple game turned into a pile of shit. Some of the players we have cannot pass or retain a football and it is not good enough.

Gutted.

I get annoyed when he looks like he's attention seeking for himself. I already know he's pissed off, it's the pantomime of dismay that fucking irks me.

Yeah he has to cut that out. Its doing him, the team and the fans no good at all.

I'm surprised the media havn't picked up on it and started to rally a Gerrard to Chelsea/Man City/Real Madrid campaign.

Why do you think Ian?

Cos, most of the time, Gerrard does what he can. Tonight, apart from Kuyt, he was the worst player on the pitch for us. He should rightly be given shite for it.

He did his best then like he does now, but this shite that he's lost face so he's allowed abject nothingness on the pitch is bollocks.

Anyone else does it and they are rightly had a go at, Gerrard does it and it's sound cos he's done well previously. It's pure shite mate.