You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Gotham Knights

Waited and got it cheaper in sale. Glad I did, its a complete pile of shit. Movement is wonky, the grappling gun system is shite. Changes your target at the last split second so you grapple off the wrong direction. The mission have side objectives take down x villains silently. You do it and it completely ignores you have. Doesn't explain shit properly in regards to leveling up etc. 

How they had a base in the Arkham games and fucked this up so badly ill never know. 

Got to say this generation of consoles feels a right let down so far. All the wait and issues getting your hands on them with scalpers and very few good new AAA titles have been worth the wait. Cyberpunk ended up decent after a year of fixes, but most new games have failed to deliver that I've tried. And so so many remasters of the previous generation games

49 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Gotham Knights

Waited and got it cheaper in sale. Glad I did, its a complete pile of shit. Movement is wonky, the grappling gun system is shite. Changes your target at the last split second so you grapple off the wrong direction. The mission have side objectives take down x villains silently. You do it and it completely ignores you have. Doesn't explain shit properly in regards to leveling up etc. 

How they had a base in the Arkham games and fucked this up so badly ill never know. 

Got to say this generation of consoles feels a right let down so far. All the wait and issues getting your hands on them with scalpers and very few good new AAA titles have been worth the wait. Cyberpunk ended up decent after a year of fixes, but most new games have failed to deliver that I've tried. And so so many remasters of the previous generation games

Honestly, I still don't really feel like this generation has begun. There's been little that hasn't felt like spruced up cross-gen. Covid has obviously had an impact, but that wow moment when you play something that you couldn't imagine on previous consoles just isn't there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well since it's free I might give it a go on the PS5 (suck it PC losers)

I've tried to re-play it a few times and it's not stuck the same way it did originally I tend to get bored once the Red Baron storyline wraps up and move on to something else but remember playing it non stop when it first came out.

Just checked my most played games on Playstation and I've put about 445 hours into it over various play throughs, surprisingly it's only third behind Skyrim (937 hours) and Fallout 4 at (833 hours). 

That seems like a lot of hours....it is a lot of hours.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Well since it's free I might give it a go on the PS5 (suck it PC losers)

I've tried to re-play it a few times and it's not stuck the same way it did originally I tend to get bored once the Red Baron storyline wraps up and move on to something else but remember playing it non stop when it first came out.

Just checked my most played games on Playstation and I've put about 445 hours into it over various play throughs, surprisingly it's only third behind Skyrim (937 hours) and Fallout 4 at (833 hours). 

That seems like a lot of hours....it is a lot of hours.

It's a free patch for Witcher 3 owners, to be honest, I'd rather roll back to the original, that ran fine.  Looks like you like your open world RPGs... I put about 170 hours into my main Witcher 3 playthrough. Not sure you'll beat my play time on Melvor Idle though-

image.png

The spoon is a lie.

Think we need another thread on the current crop of ray tracing games. Portal RTX is incredibly intensive, to the point where a 2 grand card can't hold 60 fps at 4K, and the top AMD card produces a slideshow (it is an nVidia developed game though, so not entirely surprising). This is an 8 year old game too- I'm not entirely sure the difference is worth it, but it's interesting tech at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a bit bored of Forbidden West. It's good, but suffers the usual open world bloat. Plus, the voice actress for Aloy is starting to get on my tits. It's as if they told her to whisper everything with a breathy exhale, like it's a Flake advert or something.

Also been playing It Takes Two on Game Pass with my nephew. Such a fun game, full of invention.

9 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I'm not sure I'll ever finish the Viking one. Every time I think I'll give it another go it seems to have grown again like an unstoppable amoeba trying to take over the hard drive. 

I just can't get on with AC games. They've just become unnecessarily huge with each new iteration. Who has hundreds of hours free to put into one game?

On 05/01/2023 at 19:00, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Also been playing It Takes Two on Game Pass with my nephew. Such a fun game, full of invention.

I love It Takes Two. 

So fun, full of charm, the perfect length. Can't wait to see what the studio put out next. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Aventus said:

I love It Takes Two. 

So fun, full of charm, the perfect length. Can't wait to see what the studio put out next. 

Played it with the youngest during lockdown and whilst I was isolating.

A truly beautiful game.