You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Didn't see Stevie and Carra heading for the exit.

Hodgson at the time was widely touted as a credible manager although I would accept plenty on here weren't impressed with the appointment. Hindsight is 20/20 .Mascherano got the nod from Barca and he was out the fucking door in the blink of an eye.

Great player but I don't feel any affection and I doubt he has any for us if he were honest

Only by complete spastics.

• Upvote 6

When he said he'd play for another team in the Prem as "we're professionals, this is our living," I thought it was an honest statement, and as such, is worth 10x the "boyhood red" nonsense we usually have to endure.

Mascherano is not stupid. He could see our club was falling apart and he got a chance to go to Barcelona. OK, it might not have been the smoothest of exits but we all know the score.

Very good player making a cracking living out of the game, trying to shield as much of that from the taxman as he can, and when he hangs up his boots he will be financially set for life, with a cupboard full of medals and lots of happy memories. Good luck to him.

• Upvote 2

When he said he'd play for another team in the Prem as "we're professionals, this is our living," I thought it was an honest statement, and as such, is worth 10x the "boyhood red" nonsense we usually have to endure.

Mascherano is not stupid. He could see our club was falling apart and he got a chance to go to Barcelona. OK, it might not have been the smoothest of exits but we all know the score.

Very good player making a cracking living out of the game, trying to shield as much of that from the taxman as he can, and when he hangs up his boots he will be financially set for life, with a cupboard full of medals and lots of happy memories. Good luck to him.

Exactly

He is the one player this club has needed more than any other type of player since the day he left. The most scouse non-scouser in that team. Born winner. Not arsed that he isn't the super-red so many of these millionaires claim to be. I'd have him back in a fucking heartbeat. 

• Upvote 2

Only by complete spastics.

I'm not going to get suckered into defending Woy . He was a massive fail during his time here but like Moyes trying to follow Slur he had a hard act to follow and some shitehawks in charge

When he got the job it wasnt obvious to most people he would be completely useless.

I'm not going to get suckered into defending Woy . He was a massive fail during his time here but like Moyes trying to follow Slur he had a hard act to follow and some shitehawks in charge

When he got the job it wasnt obvious to most people he would be completely useless.

It was obvious to most people who aren't retarded. Same as Moyes with United. Hugely underqualified for their respective jobs with predictable results.

• Upvote 3

It was to everyone who wasn't completely fucking useless themselves. 

Hodgson at the time was widely touted as a credible manager although I would accept plenty on here weren't impressed with the appointment. Hindsight is 20/20 .Mascherano got the nod from Barca and he was out the fucking door in the blink of an eye.

Great player but I don't feel any affection and I doubt he has any for us if he were honest

Only by fucking imbeciles.

Edit: Jairzinho beat to it!

That's rubbish mate. Bar a few, everyone was terrified that such a bang average manager was coming to the club when we needed someone good more than ever. It was one of the most remarkable decisions anyone at the club had ever made. It was up there with the idea to sell the club to Cancer and Aids. It was a disgrace Hodgson was even considered; never mind employeed. I understand and accept some people very much disliked who he was replacing, and I accept there was an argument to sack his predecessor, but to replace him with who they did was a derogation of duty to an exceptional level.

• Upvote 5

Im a born and bred Liverpool fan and even i would have fucked off to Barcelona when i saw what was going on at the club at the time.

We were on the road to Administration, a successful manager had been replaced by someone who hadnt won an honour in a major league in Europe. And every player worth his salt wanted out.

What makes you think a World class midfielder who knew he was wanted by the top clubs in Europe  would hang around when we were nearing our lowest ebb.

• Upvote 2

It was. Unless you were in small group of complete cuntmuppets whose mantra was 'anyone could do better than Benitez'.

Boy were they wrong!

• Upvote 1

I can see the merit in taking a gamble on a young manager like Rodgers.

But an old cunt like Hodgson who has managed for decades and still showed no signs he had what it took to manage Liverpool? Sorry, not having that.

And to top it off the FA decided to give him the England job afterwards. The mind boggles.

• Upvote 1