You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amazing player. I think Lucas and him together would be brilliant. Lucas is a better player now than he was last time they played together.

Maybe but not as good as an Alonso Mascherano together how good would we be with them in three plus Gerrard though?

Despite giving everything for us whenever he played and dedicating his winning of the Champions League with Barca to us (out of the blue), Mascherano is a cunt for refusing to play under Roy Hodgson in order to force his move through the best club team in the world.

Meanwhile...

Every Liverpool fan abuses Roy Hodgson every minute of the day through every medium possible. They hope he gets sacked as soon as possible, with many resorting to personal insults towards the man.

And Jamie Carragher is a legend for refusing to play at right back under Rafa.

----

I dont think Mascherano is some saint. But the logic within our fanbase is terribly flawed. If Carragher and Stevie refused to play under Hodgson, for whatever reason, this place would immediately laud them for standing up to the "owl faced cunt"

Despite giving everything for us whenever he played and dedicating his winning of the Champions League with Barca to us (out of the blue), Mascherano is a cunt for refusing to play under Roy Hodgson in order to force his move through the best club team in the world.

Meanwhile...

Every Liverpool fan abuses Roy Hodgson every minute of the day through every medium possible. They hope he gets sacked as soon as possible, with many resorting to personal insults towards the man.

----

I dont think Mascherano is some saint. But the logic within our fanbase is terribly flawed. If Carragher and Stevie refused to play under Hodgson, for whatever reason, this place would immediately laud them for standing up to the "owl faced cunt"

Are you always on some sort of moral crusade? Masch was a cunt for refusing to play. Hodgson was a cunt full stop. Carra is a legend. Steve is a legend. Tough shit if you disagree, that's just how it is.

Are you always on some sort of moral crusade? Masch was a cunt for refusing to play. Hodgson was a cunt full stop. Carra is a legend. Steve is a legend. Tough shit if you disagree, that's just how it is.

I can accept that people have different opinions. But when one is based on hypocrisy, then those opinions are quite stupid, aren't they?

Hodgson was a massive cunt.

How mascherano is a cunt for refusing to do as his manager asks (and solely that - unless you can point out one single other way he has behaved cuntishly), but Carragher isn't a cunt for refusing to do as his manager asks, is beyond me. Its hypocritical and absolutely biased.

Surely, either both are cunts or neither are cunts (but just behaved poorly)?

I can accept that people have different opinions. But when one is based on hypocrisy, then those opinions are quite stupid, aren't they?

Hodgson was a massive cunt.

How mascherano is a cunt for refusing to do as his manager asks (and solely that - unless you can point out one single other way he has behaved cuntishly), but Carragher isn't a cunt for refusing to do as his manager asks, is beyond me. Its hypocritical and absolutely biased.

Surely, either both are cunts or neither are cunts (but just behaved poorly)?

Hypocrisy is human. Logic is code72.

If you can't see the difference in Mascherano refusing to play to force a move and Carra refusing to play in a certain position because he feels he can't handle it then I'm afraid I can't help you. (not that I agree with what Carra did, but there's a massive difference)

Carra has also played over 700 games for Liverpool, cementing his legendary status.

If you can't see the difference in Mascherano refusing to play to force a move and Carra refusing to play in a certain position because he feels he can't handle it then I'm afraid I can't help you. (not that I agree with what Carra did, but there's a massive difference)

And if you can't (won't) see that there are as many similarities as otherwise then you probably can't be helped either.

Absolutely loved him to bits when he was here, always fought tooth and nail right up to his last game for the club always gave 100%, he was MOTM vs Arsenal, unfortunate circumstances the way he left were unfortunate, but i can't begrudge him a move to the greatest club team of all time.

Guest the boy
Fact is Mascherano refused to play for Liverpool FC to force a move away from the club. I've already said I disagreed with what Carra did but this is a different fucking league.

Carragher wouldn't get a move preferable to the insane contract we gave him.

Piscinin is right to point out that most footballers are wilful and self-interested. Carra and Masch demonstrate that point, but they are pro sportsman, it comes with the territory.

It is true that refusing to play in a position and refusing toplay for the club are different categories of self-interest.

Carra genuinely believes, I think, that he knows what is best for LFC and has, and had, little time for those whom he thinks were, or are, just passing through.

"He is not here tonight because there is some speculation about his future and his mind is not right, so it was not correct to select him," Hodgson told Sky Sports ahead of the City game.

Hodgson has not given up hope of getting the chance to select Mascherano though, as the club will not shift from their valuation of the player.

"Hopefully it will be resolved before the end of the transfer window and I will get the chance to select him again, but it was not right tonight," Hodgson added. "The club has got a position. We are under pressure from other clubs who want to sign him. There may come a time when the offer matches our valuation, but until that day he stays with us."

Even if he did refuse, the way I understood it was that he had been given a guarantee that he could join Barcelona that year and we were trying to back out. If that's the case he didn't do anything wrong.

Loved having him here.

Guest San Don

Meanwhile...

----

Only carragher didnt refuse to play in the fucking game, you tool!