You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dougie, ATK and Moores 17/01/10

Dougie Do'ins

I agree with Al.

We don't know investment is close, even if it is how is Moores / Parry speaking publically going to affect the deal? I can't see it.

What we do know is talk is cheap and actions speak louder. The owners / Purslow etc can say time and time again that we are going to start the new stadium, that investment is close, that Benitez has money to spend and what he raises in sales he can spend on future purcahses.

However they have constantly said one thing and done another, so I don't think that Moores / Parry, the fans etc. should just accept what they say and wait and wait hoping for investment, the new stadium to start etc.

What we do know is there are not the right people to own this club. So let's not wait for them to mess up again, let's get rid of them, before they can mess up again.

Again being pro active not reactve.

Wether he comes out with a statement now or at the end of the season, does not matter that much.

If things do not change by then, we know it is all bullshit and his statement then is as good as now.

It is a hard call just my view and I would not argue the point on that but if and a big if, it is close, maybe better to keep the powder dry.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing that sprang into my mind when Moores says he wont speak now because of an ongoing legal issue with the club and investment might be close is that Moores doesn't have the courage to speak out.

Unless he described to the lads what the legal issue is, it just sounds like Moores is putting a smokescreen up. I hope I'm wrong.

I thought the same. I think he's hedging his bets on them getting bought out. If they don't he can say "investment round the corner, mustn't speak out" and if they do, he can just go "yeah, I made a cock up, but it's ok now".

I fail to see how Moores speaking out could put off investors. Surely it would make any sale more likely.

Unless they are would be minority investors.

I think the yanks are looking for minority investors so I can see the point that if moores went public on their lies it might not exactly help attract anyone into partnership with them.

Not that I really believe anyone in this whole sorry saga.

I don't get it (and maybe there is a good reason for the info not being there)

I see why Moores may attend - and fair play if he did, but why would Parry go? Its not like he isn't busy or anything and nothing we have been told so far suggests he said anything of any use!

What were Parry's views?

Well done Mick and Al, getting Moores at least out in the open talking is a start.

Hicks and Gillett have 25% (12.5% each) of the club up for sale for £100m.

That is what they are prepared to sell to get the stadium up and going.

If investment is close then Moores speaking out may well damage the talks between the investors and Hicks/Gillett.

Obviously if the potential investors offer enough for 100% of the club they would sell.

Well done Mick and Al, getting Moores at least out in the open talking is a start.

Hicks and Gillett have 25% (12.5% each) of the club up for sale for £100m.

That is what they are prepared to sell to get the stadium up and going.

If investment is close then Moores speaking out may well damage the talks between the investors and Hicks/Gillett.

Obviously if the potential investors offer enough for 100% of the club they would sell.

Stinks of Parryism.

With the greatest of respect to Mick and Al,what legally prevented Moores from speaking out?

Good work, Al and Mick.

Mind you, I'm surprised you set foot anywhere near Paddy's Wigwam, Alan!

I had to drug him first Cain.

Can you elaborate on this bit, if you're not breaking any confidences, obviously.

Is the investment with the 2 cunts still here, or a total sale?

I bet DM paid
For what ?

Stinks of Parryism.

With the greatest of respect to Mick and Al,what legally prevented Moores from speaking out?

John I can understand your's and everyone elses sceptasism. We can only relay what was told to us. It's not a case of weather me or Al believed what was said. All we're doing is being up front with what was told to us and passing it on. We are in no way trying to influence peoples opinions.

As for why what the legal issues are. We dont know and never asked.

I had to drug him first Cain.

For what ?

John I can understand your's and everyone elses sceptasism. We can only relay what was told to us. It's not a case of weather me or Al believed what was said. All we're doing is being up front with what was told to us and passing it on. We are in no way trying to influence peoples opinions.

As for why what the legal issues are. We dont know and never asked.

No offence was meant Mick,merely frustrated that he hid behind the "legal reasons".

To be perfectly honest with you,I was half expecting Moores to act daft.

No offence was meant Mick,merely frustrated that he hid behind the "legal reasons".

To be perfectly honest with you,I was half expecting Moores to act daft.

I suppose at least a time limit can be set - April seems apt - after which Moores/Parry should be asked to push ahead and let the fans know the real truth and the various broken promises since through a suitbale media outlet .. bet Collymore would love that scoop!

The first thing that sprang into my mind when Moores says he wont speak now because of an ongoing legal issue with the club and investment might be close is that Moores doesn't have the courage to speak out.

Unless he described to the lads what the legal issue is, it just sounds like Moores is putting a smokescreen up. I hope I'm wrong.

I think there is a reason he brought Parry along with him.

Personally I think that Moores MIGHT act eventually but he's currently dithering as he always does And he may have brought Parry along for legal advice - Really don't know why Rick was present. As to the legal issue preventing him going ahead with action re the owners - I wonder if it's something to do with his position/former position as Life President and the owners? Regarding investment - with the twin horrors as obviously useless business wise as they Are and quite clearly out for what they can get; And with ALL of this as public as it is on the internet; Does Anyone seriously think that Any business or individual - would be stupid enough to buy the club at the twin lumps vastly inflated -would be make a profit- price for only a Quarter share? I don't think so - Especially not when they could either A:) wait a few months for time, fan anger, bank pressure, bad performances and a terrible economic sitution to take their toll and slash such a price in half if not further or B:) Pressurise the twin disasters into selling All the club at the price they want due to above mentioned factors? No, I think that with regards to investment - DM may have been as fooled as the rest of us by Purslow's lies and the Yank propaganda machine - investment is at present probably a good deal further off than DM currently thinks and when it Does come - it will probably be a total buyout rather than letting those two stay anywhere Near the club. Oh, and can we please drop the tiresome myth that DM and RP Never researched the Yanks before selling out to them - they may be stupid but they're not That thick - Of Course They researched them - do you REALLY think they didn't? They Knew what the Yanks had done and either disregarded it or ignored those consequences in the rush for banknotes and in Parry's case a prolonged job and stay of execution (at least until Rafa' got annoyed as it turned out).

Now to Mr Moores; David, if your reading this then know this - you made the BIGGEST mistake you could Ever have made bar none in what you did to OUR club by choosing THOSE two to sell it to - the Only way you'll Ever regain even a modicum of respect among the fans (never mind more) is by Leading the fight against the evil, lying b*stards you sold to and you should maybe begin by Slaughtering them in pubic - take their reputation and DESTROY it - make sure that EVERY one of their business partners/investors/sponsors etc and would be sponsors etc in the UK And US ALL know just what they're like and how they lie and decieve as a matter of course - let all the world know how they rely on other people's funds to back their business ventures as they have little to call their own - brand them as the leeches they are and savage them in public basically. After all, that's precisely what they're doing to your and our club - It's about time they were forced to look in the mirror and have their own tactics turned back on them no?

One other thing to AWS; You said earlier - ''The yanks will have done their own models but it was the DIC model which got leaked to the press and presented as evidence that they were already planning an exit. Whoever leaked it knew what he was doing as it shored up the yank takeover.'' Well I don't know if you remember but that ''Whoever'' was the former sports journalist Mihir Bose - he was VERY Vocal about leaking the DIC exit strategy details to his good mate George Gillette at the time I believe and THAT hardened in my mind the idea that I've Always had about that little bit of sabotage - I've always thought it was done deliberately. I don't know why (although Bose being a Chelsea fan has Nothing to do with it I'm sure) but I'm almost certain there was a DELIBERATE plot to destabilise the DIC deal from almost the beginning - I wonder if H & G hired Bose to torpedo that deal in the way he eventually did - If they did they were succesful beyond what they could of dreamed weren't they? But yes Mihir Bose is the name you want if you're looking for WHO made the Yank takeover inevitable - it is He who effectively destroyed the DIC deal with his arrogance and it is he who through his BBC column at the time not only urged us to take the Yanks instead but also to Rush them through in their purchase of the club if necessary (a clue as to where what Should have been their 'due diligence' went?). Bose is the one solely responsible for placing Liverpool FC in it's current position and removing the chances of ridding ourselves of the Yanks Before they came here.

Also, What's more if you read much of what Mihir Bose wrote at the time - he's Proud of it to. Arrogant b*stard - he'll get his one day and I wouldn't be surprised after That if it came from an LFC supporter - he'd certainly deserve it after all the damage he's done to our club - knowingly as well and that's the worst part about it - you'd almost think Mihir Bose and whoever put him up to it Knew what destroying the DIC deal would do to Liverpool - just Where and Who it would leave them with and yet they did it anyway; They deliberately went and wrecked the DIC deal on purpose and just didn't give a damn - after that I've always thought that even hanging would be to good for Bose - he wrecked our club with what he did and he left us in a mess that may yet destroy the whole club - Let's hope one day he's held to account for what he's done as it's the very least he deserves..................................

Edited by Redshadow