You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dougie, ATK and Moores 17/01/10

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I don't remember anyone else in the Liverpool media mentioning Moores before now.

The article suggests DM should alleviate his 'depression' by chipping in with 40 million toward the transfer fund.

The fact that DM and Parry screwed us over is a serious issue, one which deserves to be addressed in an intelligent way, in fact it should be dealt with in the way Reade writes his political pieces. Going at tongue in cheek is a cop out.

EDIT: Oh and Moores is not depressed.

The article suggests DM should alleviate his 'depression' by chipping in with 40 million toward the transfer fund.

The fact that DM and Parry screwed us over is a serious issue, one which deserves to be addressed in an intelligent way, in fact it should be dealt with in the way Reade writes his political pieces. Going at tongue in cheek is a cop out.

EDIT: Oh and Moores is not depressed.

He's making a point to try and force Moores' hand. Moores has already shown he's not willing to respond, but jabbing him in a way that average fans (not interested in the yanks) might also think is a good idea, may just force him out of his shell to speak up. He's prodding him and hoping for a reaction.

Reade is an excellent journo, that very much gets the struggle and our fight against these parasites. Not even Evans/Barrett has spoken about Moores as often as he does.

I blame Moores as much as the next guy, but suggesting giving millions to the club while those two own it has got to be just about the most retarded suggestion I've ever seen.

Have to agree with this, what a stupid thing to suggest.

If it was allowed for a 3rd party to own the rights to a player in the PL like it is in Norway, then he could always chip in with £20-30M to buy a player or two and then have the rights to any profit made by a future sale.

Do people think he was seriously suggesting it? I read it as him half joking.

That's why I have a problem with it. He could have nailed Moores if he'd really wanted to, but he mentioned it and then hid behind the 'joke'.

This morning at about 11.30' date=' myself and ATK decided after yet another week of turmoil at LFC to present ourselves at the gates of the home of David Moores.

Any one who knows me and Al in private or on these boards will know we have both been two of Moores fiercest critics. We both fully expected to be turned away Monty Burns style with the hounds in hot pursuit. But we thought we should at least try and see if he would listen to us and maybe answer some of our questions.

We stood outside of his gate and rang the intercom. A lady answered who we believe was his wife. We introduced ourselves and asked if it would be possible to talk to DM. After a brief conversation she went away and then a minute or two later DM spoke to us for some time via the intercom.

Again we introduced ourselves and after a short and very civil conversation we asked DM if he would be kind enough to come to the gates and talk to us. To our surprise DM agreed to our request and met us at his gates.

We put it to DM that after yet another week of embarrassment at the club and things were so bad both on and off the pitch that it may be time for him to break his silence. We explained that we felt if a major figurehead was to stand up and rally support then maybe our uneducated fan base and the banks might actually sit up and take notice. We also put it to DM that it might a way of at least trying to put right which was ultimately his wrong.

At no time did the conversation turn sour and all talk was very civil. I personally felt that DM genuinely listened to what we had to say but I also realise I could be wrong. We ended the conversation by thanking DM for his time and once again urged him to stand up and join the fight to help the club.

We left our contact details with DM and asked him to think about what we had said. We will let you all know if DM responds to our request.

Some of you may think our efforts this morning were a waste of time. Myself an ATK both feel that things at LFC are in such a critical state that we had to try something.

The mass has ended, go in peace.[/quote']

What this b******* too??