You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man, I've received a revenge neg. You don't revenge neg round here. Whatever the reasons.

You have to take negs gracefully, like I am your revenge neg.

As a noobie I'm sure others will take this into consideration.

It wasn't revenge. I negged you because you were too stupid to comprehend that I was being facetious. In 1936, a certain public euthanasia program meant that the intellectually disabled were shot. Take note.

It wasn't revenge. I negged you because you were too stupid to comprehend that I was being facetious. In 1936, a certain public euthanasia program meant that the intellectually disabled were shot. Take note.

A revenge neg denial?

Oh that's even worse my friend.

A revenge neg denial?

Oh that's even worse my friend.

My action is justified. Your action and subsequent pursuit of closure saps of a man out of his depth. By your own admission you couldn't justify your action. I, however, have suitably explained why I responded to your frivolity in such a manner.

My action is justified. Your action and subsequent pursuit of closure saps of a man out of his depth. By your own admission you couldn't justify your action. I, however, have suitably explained why I responded to your frivolity in such a manner.

Respect yer elders, noobie. In.Your.Box.

Dirk Kuyt insists he does not need to be like the so-called 'Fab Four' to be a key member of Holland's attack.

Dutch boss Bert van Marwijk selected Kuyt for 19 consecutive games during the qualification period despite the presence of Robin van Persie, Rafael Van der Vaart, Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben.

And the 29-year-old is almost certain to play his 65th game of the season when Holland tackle Japan on Saturday lunchtime following his goal in the 2-0 victory over Denmark.

"It doesn't bother me what people in the street say about me starting," Kuyt said.

"It's not the same with the manager or my teammates. I do get recognition from them, but I'm basically a different player than van Persie, van der Vaart, Sneijder and Robben.

"That's probably also my strength. In a good team, players need to compensate each other. I can be important in one game and another player can be in the next. That's how we can actually win a prize - by operating as a team."

When van Persie was asked by journalists prior to the World Cup which players he'd love to play alongside for his country, Kuyt's name was not mentioned - but the Liverpool man isn't losing any sleep.

"You know how it goes. Robin gets a question and says it must be great to play with all the highly skilled players," he said.

"And I agree with Robin. I'd like to be part of that team too. And you know, the team isn't just 11 players. Sometimes the subs are the ones making the difference. They can force the issue when the opponent is already a bit groggy.

"Rafael was the man against Ghana, Robben against Hungary and now Elia against Denmark. It's fantastic to have a whole group with all these qualities.

"As I said, I feel very much supported within the group and I know a lot of fans support me. But there is always that one person on the internet trying to axe me down."

Just the one?

The Dutch players have been among the more outspoken critics of the official World Cup ball but Dirk Kuyt believes it will be easier in Durban. "We are playing at sea level now and then it reacts normally," the Liverpool player said. "We have a lot of players in our team who like sushi and we hope to have Japan for dinner."

World Cup 2010: Arjen Robben fit but unlikely to start against Japan | Football | The Guardian

on another note, Robbchen is almost match-fit.

Dirk tried to neg me once, but he couldn't get the mouse under control and clicked on the rep button instead.

Dirk wants to be loved by you,

Just you, and nobody else but you,

Dirk wants to be loved by you,

Alo-one, boo boop ee doo.

• 2 weeks later...