You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can everyone just take a breath and calm down for a second.

We have people writing stuff like it makes then “physically sick” to see someone defend the manager.

People claiming that others are “happy to be in the Europa League” when no one has said anything of the sort other then that seen as we are in it, let’s try and win it.

Some thinking that Rafa was trying to improve Aqualani’s fitness with a 90 second appearance, when he was clearly just killing time.

One person has said it was a pointless win in a ‘why did we bother’ sense, despite the very obvious fact that had Lyon taken one of those 3 very good chances at the end, then it would have been a vital win and the atmosphere here would have been very different.

We played awful. Truly awful. Regardless of what our Captain and Manager says. And we are on a truly horrible run. And the manager has to take the blame for that. However, if people are supporting Benitez then that does not mean they think he is a “God” or that everything is going great. For the most part they are saying that now is not the time to change a manager, the summer is. The first win out of a really bad sequence is never pretty, and hopefully that was the first win on the way to a good run. Let’s get Torres back, Aqualani to match fitness (I don’t know when) and other key players back in form, and get back to winning ways (yes it will happen in the real world), and then, come the summer, we may have to look at other options for manager.

We have ex players saying we should have kept Bellamy, Crouch, Keane and paired them with Torres. We know that wasn’t possible because Crouch wanted to go and Keane was shite, yet people will say the ex player was right without looking into the issue. Bellamy played a total of 21 games over the following two seasons when we sold him due to injury, yet this is not mentioned. The post can be seen as having a go at the manager, therefore it is 100% right/wrong. The truth, as with most things, is somewhere in the middle.

People need to accept that others have opinions that will differ, but the constant twisting of words, abuse or posters with over dramatization such as – Poster 1 : I’d give Rafa until the summer and see then – Poster 2: you think Rafa is a God and can do no wrong you prick! – Poster 1: fuck off you cunt, etc, etc – Pointless. Telling everyone you are going to put someone on ignore (just PM the person, no one else cares, and that’s my personal experience) just causes more arguments.

If people want Rafa out then that’s just fine. Rafa has made enough fuck ups to justify this stand point. But that view can be passed on without making up shite to make him sound worse. If people want Rafa to stay then that’s fine also. Maybe we have vastly over achieved in seasons gone by and now expectations are at a silly level given what is going on with the club away from football. Could both camps just read what they write before they hit ‘post’. And if they think that maybe they are making up a few things to flesh out their post, or they know that they are twisting someone’s words to make an argumentative point (the most common post), or they know they are purposely twisting an issue so it passes blame that should be on Rafa to someone else, then could they take a minute and then edit the post so it’s not a childish hissy fit? That applies to everyone whether you support Rafa or not. There really is no need for all the personal stuff or the drama.

Just my tuppence worth and I’ve probably been as guilty of some of the above, but I’m going to make the effort, so maybe some of the over hyper people could too. It’s actually only a few who go massively overboard, so if you think you are one of those, then make a wee effort and the forum could be so much better, while still having the same, open debate, just without the hyperbole.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Keane wasn't shite. Players like Voronin are shite, not Keane. And while other teams have players like Robinho, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Owen, Pavlyuchenko and Crouch on their bench, we have to make do with shithouses like Voronin and, to a lesser extent, N'Gog. These players are nowhere near Liverpool standard and Benitez has had 5 years to build a squad that at the very least is comparable to the big three. Anyone who disagrees that he's failed in this respect is just clueless.

Even Steve fucking Bruce would've been sacked after a run of one win in 10 games. But now we'll be hearing people saying that we've turned the corner because we've ground a win (barely) against probably the shittiest team left in the competition.

Well, Keane wasn't shite. Players like Voronin are shite, not Keane. And while other teams have players like Robinho, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Owen, Pavlyuchenko and Crouch on their bench, we have to make do with shithouses like Voronin and, to a lesser extent, N'Gog. These players are nowhere near Liverpool standard and Benitez has had 5 years to build a squad that at the very least is comparable to the big three. Anyone who disagrees that he's failed in this respect is just clueless.

Even Steve fucking Bruce would've been sacked after a run of one win in 10 games. But now we'll be hearing people saying that we've turned the corner because we've ground a win (barely) against probably the shittiest team left in the competition.

And you were complaining last year when we nearly won the league with more or less the same squad (you could argue a weaker squad)?

You were a fan of Robbie Keane? Bet you weren't. Bet you were kicking and screaming little a little baby the same way you are now and complaining how Benitez is shit, etc, when Keane wasn't performing.

And you were complaining last year when we nearly won the league with more or less the same squad (you could argue a weaker squad)?

You were a fan of Robbie Keane? Bet you weren't. Bet you were kicking and screaming little a little baby the same way you are now and complaining how Benitez is shit, etc, when Keane wasn't performing.

If you read my posts from last year they're actually supportive of Benitez. I noticed how some of his decisions were bizarre, but I trusted he could turn things around. It's this year that the shit hit the fan, and I don't think anyone would blame me for losing faith in him after 1 win in 10 games and being out of the CL and out of the league title race in November. Even Wigan would have lost faith in their manager after such an embarrassing run of form.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

We have people writing stuff like it makes then “physically sick” to see someone defend the manager.

People claiming that others are “happy to be in the Europa League” when no one has said anything of the sort other then that seen as we are in it, let’s try and win it.

Some thinking that Rafa was trying to improve Aqualani’s fitness with a 90 second appearance, when he was clearly just killing time.

One person has said it was a pointless win in a ‘why did we bother’ sense, despite the very obvious fact that had Lyon taken one of those 3 very good chances at the end, then it would have been a vital win and the atmosphere here would have been very different.

We played awful. Truly awful. Regardless of what our Captain and Manager says. And we are on a truly horrible run. And the manager has to take the blame for that. However, if people are supporting Benitez then that does not mean they think he is a “God” or that everything is going great. For the most part they are saying that now is not the time to change a manager, the summer is. The first win out of a really bad sequence is never pretty, and hopefully that was the first win on the way to a good run. Let’s get Torres back, Aqualani to match fitness (I don’t know when) and other key players back in form, and get back to winning ways (yes it will happen in the real world), and then, come the summer, we may have to look at other options for manager.

We have ex players saying we should have kept Bellamy, Crouch, Keane and paired them with Torres. We know that wasn’t possible because Crouch wanted to go and Keane was shite, yet people will say the ex player was right without looking into the issue. Bellamy played a total of 21 games over the following two seasons when we sold him due to injury, yet this is not mentioned. The post can be seen as having a go at the manager, therefore it is 100% right/wrong. The truth, as with most things, is somewhere in the middle.

People need to accept that others have opinions that will differ, but the constant twisting of words, abuse or posters with over dramatization such as – Poster 1 : I’d give Rafa until the summer and see then – Poster 2: you think Rafa is a God and can do no wrong you prick! – Poster 1: fuck off you cunt, etc, etc – Pointless. Telling everyone you are going to put someone on ignore (just PM the person, no one else cares, and that’s my personal experience) just causes more arguments.

If people want Rafa out then that’s just fine. Rafa has made enough fuck ups to justify this stand point. But that view can be passed on without making up shite to make him sound worse. If people want Rafa to stay then that’s fine also. Maybe we have vastly over achieved in seasons gone by and now expectations are at a silly level given what is going on with the club away from football. Could both camps just read what they write before they hit ‘post’. And if they think that maybe they are making up a few things to flesh out their post, or they know that they are twisting someone’s words to make an argumentative point (the most common post), or they know they are purposely twisting an issue so it passes blame that should be on Rafa to someone else, then could they take a minute and then edit the post so it’s not a childish hissy fit? That applies to everyone whether you support Rafa or not. There really is no need for all the personal stuff or the drama.

Just my tuppence worth and I’ve probably been as guilty of some of the above, but I’m going to make the effort, so maybe some of the over hyper people could too. It’s actually only a few who go massively overboard, so if you think you are one of those, then make a wee effort and the forum could be so much better, while still having the same, open debate, just without the hyperbole.

Can only echo your sentiments

But unfortunately, when every other post, regardless of your viewpoint is met with

"Go fuck yourself"

"Your an idiot"

"Mong"

It's only ever going to go around in circles

Was he "Clueless" last year when we finished 2nd and narrowly lost out to Man Utd?

Was he "Clueless" last year when we finished 2nd and narrowly lost out to Man Utd?

With all respect I suggest you read that again mate. I understand I may be a bit overly critical of Benitez because quite frankly I've been fed up of waiting for that fucking league title, but it's not Benitez that I said was clueless. It's anyone who thinks he hasn't failed to build a squad that's comparable to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and even to Tottenham and Man City for fucks sake.

But..........its the Europa league..........still can't believe it

Good post tho

If you read my posts from last year they're actually supportive of Benitez. I noticed how some of his decisions were bizarre, but I trusted he could turn things around. It's this year that the shit hit the fan, and I don't think anyone would blame me for losing faith in him after 1 win in 10 games and being out of the CL and out of the league title race in November. Even Wigan would have lost faith in their manager after such an embarrassing run of form.

in another thread you said it was wigan last year that you lost faith in the manager, and please dont praise keane, he is the reason we played about 6 draws last year, the man was a liability at liverpool, he even blocked a Torres goal once, we won that match tho.

At least we are still in the FA Cup. We need fourth for the clubs survival in terms of revenue and money, however we need the FA cup for the fans, a trophy less season would be the fourth in a row and soon benitez will be a wenger living off past triumphs. The only problem is that we do not play attractive football to bail us out. (although last year we seemed too)

Its seems frightening to think that our team has changed in only two positions since last season with Alonso and Arbeloa going. And in one of those positions RB with Johnson I believe we have strengthened. It annoyed me so much last night that our 20mill signing was given 30 seconds to influence a game that was already lost in another country. He played 20mins over a month ago against arsenal to make his devbut and hasn’t featured since. Surely Benitez doesn’t believe lucas is better than him.

In rafa we trust (as the saying goes) however being knocked out of the CL and possibly losing to our bitters would be his worst week in charge!

At least we are still in the FA Cup. We need fourth for the clubs survival in terms of revenue and money, however we need the FA cup for the fans, a trophy less season would be the fourth in a row and soon benitez will be a wenger living off past triumphs. The only problem is that we do not play attractive football to bail us out. (although last year we seemed too)

Its seems frightening to think that our team has changed in only two positions since last season with Alonso and Arbeloa going. And in one of those positions RB with Johnson I believe we have strengthened. It annoyed me so much last night that our 20mill signing was given 30 seconds to influence a game that was already lost in another country. He played 20mins over a month ago against arsenal to make his devbut and hasn’t featured since. Surely Benitez doesn’t believe lucas is better than him.

In rafa we trust (as the saying goes) however being knocked out of the CL and possibly losing to our bitters would be his worst week in charge!

With respect, this is kind of the thing I'm talking about.

Rafa didn't bring on Aqualani to influence the game., The game was won, he was killing the last minute.

And the game was not lost in the other country when Aqualani came on. In the time between Aqualani coming on and the end of the other game, Lyon had 3 great chances that they should have scored from. And then there would be a very different view today.

With all respect I suggest you read that again mate. I understand I may be a bit overly critical of Benitez because quite frankly I've been fed up of waiting for that fucking league title, but it's not Benitez that I said was clueless. It's anyone who thinks he hasn't failed to build a squad that's comparable to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and even to Tottenham and Man City for fucks sake.

Sorry, I said "He" when I meant "They" - They weren't clueless last season when we finished a close second in the league above Chelsea and Arsenall with the squad that Benitez built that, according to you isn't comparable to those teams.

Strange that eh?

Cock-Spittle!

To suggest our squad should be "..at least" as good as our rivals after 5 years is utter bollock juice. Fair enough if "the big three" had stood still in the transfer market for those 5 years, but they haven't. Our squad should be able to compete with "the big three" by now, but only the completely clueless expect the squad to be as good as if not better than our rivals.