You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a knob, yes. Cockroach, no.

Bewildering, as Paddy B has gone a lot further.

Not sure I ever described a fairly harmless ex-Red in such virulent terms, Dicko.

Might have done though. Twas a long time ago!

Perhaps not as strong, but your antipathy towards him was unmistakeable.

I've read what Paddy Berger's said and it's par for the course given the current run we're on.

Redknapp's comments however were bang out of order, and that caused trouble as Gerrard had to publicly deny them, following a media frenzy.

Perhaps not as strong, but your antipathy towards him was unmistakeable.

I've read what Paddy Berger's said and it's par for the course given the current run we're on.

Redknapp's comments however were bang out of order, and that caused trouble as Gerrard had to publicly deny them, following a media frenzy.

Not so sure Gerrard covered himself in glory there.

Not that the manager isn't averse to making conflicting statements in private and in public either

*taps nose*

Too many agendas at this club sometimes. I thought Parry leaving might have calmed it down but it seems to get worse, especially with the form as it is.

You know things are desperate when people are pretending Robbie Keane wasn't shit for us.

Don't have to pretend - he really wasn't.

Unless we've taken language to a whole new level. What is the descriptive word for permanently picked, never subbed Dirk Kuyt 09/10 'vintage', for example?

Not so sure Gerrard covered himself in glory there.

Not that the manager isn't averse to making conflicting statements in private and in public either

*taps nose*

Too many agendas at this club sometimes. I thought Parry leaving might have calmed it down but it seems to get worse, especially with the form as it is.

True I suppose.

But if Redknapp was told he should of kept his mouth shut.

And so should have Gerrard (allegedly), especially to Mark Lawrenson as well. (Allegedly)

Unless we've taken language to a whole new level. What is the descriptive word for permanently picked, never subbed Dirk Kuyt 09/10 'vintage', for example?

I detested Keane with a passion.

Dirk's been beyond piss poor this season though, and it's a worrying blind spot by the manager.

I would have sacked Keane after the miss against Atletico, if he'd just missed fair enough, but missing it while trying to be a fucking smartarse was unforgivable.

If it was up to me the only way he would have got back home from Madrid was by fucking air mail.

True I suppose.

But if Redknapp was told he should of kept his mouth shut.

And so should have Gerrard (allegedly), especially to Mark Lawrenson as well. (Allegedly)

That's what makes his 'Manipulates' quotes so pathetic, isn't that what Jammie himself seeks to do with his work via the media, is that not the point in being paid to air your views?

As you have pointed out on top of the 'Gerrard on the right' whinge from him, it is difficult to listen to him without thinking 'white fucking suits' and 'arguably the most pathetic cup final performance ever'!

Didn't John Barnes give a particularly sly interview the day after the 4-4 derby, something about nobody should ever leave a player like Peter Beardsley on the bench?

Dirk's been beyond piss poor this season though, and it's a worrying blind spot by the manager.

I would have sacked Keane after the miss against Atletico, if he'd just missed fair enough, but missing it while trying to be a fucking smartarse was unforgivable.

If it was up to me the only way he would have got back home from Madrid was by fucking air mail.

I vaguely recall that.

Was it before or after he scored? ;)

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
The apologists have set up base camp, high fives and arse slapping all round.

topgunvolleyball.jpg

Loving the sweeping generalisations there chief

Although I am growing rather fond of the "apologist" label, as stock replies go, it's not too bad

Of course, reasoned discussion without the need for insults would be preferable, but I suppose that would be asking too much

Who should replace him? That's the crux of it. Babel? Benny on right, Riera on left? Wait til El Zhar's back and we're laughing? Do those guys justify inclusion either? No-one's on form and the replacements are either injured, off form, or plain shite.

Who should replace him? That's the crux of it. Babel? Benny on right, Riera on left? Wait til El Zhar's back and we're laughing? Do those guys justify inclusion either? No-one's on form and the replacements are either injured, off form, or plain shite.

That is indeed the question, now that Aquilani is approaching match fitness, I would put Gerrard out there.

I'm not sure what Robbie Keane's shitness has to do with Kuyt who, admittedly, has been pretty atrocious.

Still, Kuyt's 4 goals from 19 games from the right wing this season is still better than Keane's 7 goals from 29 games last season. (According to the statistics I have on hand, that is). So compared to Keane, describing Kuyt as 'vintage' probably wouldn't be too far off... I also don't remember anyone contributing as little to the general team play itself as Robbie Keane did in the short time he was with us.

That's what makes his 'Manipulates' quotes so pathetic, isn't that what Jammie himself seeks to do with his work via the media, is that not the point in being paid to air your views?

As you have pointed out on top of the 'Gerrard on the right' whinge from him, it is difficult to listen to him without thinking 'white fucking suits' and 'arguably the most pathetic cup final performance ever'!

Didn't John Barnes give a particularly sly interview the day after the 4-4 derby, something about nobody should ever leave a player like Peter Beardsley on the bench?

Well he's right about Rafa really, and he probably did get primed by Gerrard on the right wing thing. He should shut up and so should the fans who leaked the stuff Rafa told SoS.

Cynic that I am I believe the player and manager probably gave them that birragoss (as my better half charmingly describes tittle tattle!) knowing full well people can't keep their gobs shut for long.

And I can't see Souness on Sky without thinking of Loverpool and his own piss poor attempt at the hardest job in football, but it doesn't automatically negate the point he's making.

JB also had to apologise to Souness on the day we played Bristol City in the cup. 'Coincidentally' an absolute shocker of a team performance that gave him no option but to resign.