You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Game At Anfield You've Attended ?

The Celtic Way

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3- 2 against Spurs is up there 2-0 down half time beat them 3-2.. 1998 I think....

Recent times, Juve 2-1 game was special.

My fav game though was last season when we fucked over Real Madrid 3-0, pissed all over them, I loved it.

Its probably the best ive ever seen us play as a team, we oozed class from start to finish, if it wasnt for Casilles it would have been about 8-0.

If anyone on here could post details of that Liverpool/Oxford game, would be much appreciated !! At a guess it would be 1986/7 maybe.

18/10/1986

Liverpool 4 ( Rush 2 , Dalglish , Molby pen )

Oxford 0

Best game I have attended at Anfield was ( fairly predictably ) the St Etienne quarter final from 1977.

Another one that sticks in my mind although never really mentioned much was us battering Kevin Keegan's Hamburg ( 6-0 ? ) in the Super Cup. Not a major trophy and nowhere near a full house if I remember correctly but , much like Auxerre , circumstances led to a hell of an occasion.

On a side issue , TCW , my dad went to the CWC semi against your boys at Anfield in 1966 & said you were very generous with your empties. I can imagine that game was a tad noisy

3- 2 against Spurs is up there 2-0 down half time beat them 3-2.. 1998 I think....

Recent times' date=' Juve 2-1 game was special.

My fav game though was last season when we fucked over [b']Real Madrid 3-0, [/b]pissed all over them, I loved it.

Its probably the best ive ever seen us play as a team, we oozed class from start to finish, if it wasnt for Casilles it would have been about 8-0.

MB I've just had The Doss on the phone asking whether he needs to make you an offer you can't refuse.

The night of nights - St Etienne 17th March 1977

Liverpool 3 - 1 St Etienne (Aggregate 3-2)

Chelsea in 2005 was special but I've never heard noise in my life like the Kop made when Fairclough scored with 4 minutes to go. 56,000 in Anfield officially but I know of at least one gate on the Kop that went down before kick off and there were rumours that a bus had been backed onto the old Kop wall on Walton Breck Rd and people were climbing out the emergency exit upstairs and dropping off the wall into the Kop bogs.

Recent times' date=' Juve 2-1 game was special.

My fav game though was last season when we fucked over Real Madrid 3-0, pissed all over them, I loved it.

Its probably the best ive ever seen us play as a team, we oozed class from start to finish, if it wasnt for Casilles it would have been about 8-0.[/quote']

It cant have made that much of an impression, we won 4-0.

I'd say the manc 3-3 and the newcastle 4-3. Great games and i was quite youngs so it was all still a novelty. Although i've only just stopped buzzing off Sunday so maybe you never grow out of it.

18/10/1986

Liverpool 4 ( Rush 2 , Dalglish , Molby pen )

Oxford 0

Best game I have attended at Anfield was ( fairly predictably ) the St Etienne quarter final from 1977.

Another one that sticks in my mind although never really mentioned much was us battering Kevin Keegan's Hamburg ( 6-0 ? ) in the Super Cup. Not a major trophy and nowhere near a full house if I remember correctly but , much like Auxerre , circumstances led to a hell of an occasion.

On a side issue , TCW , my dad went to the CWC semi against your boys at Anfield in 1966 & said you were very generous with your empties. I can imagine that game was a tad noisy

Legend Rog for the details mate, rep heading your way. 1966, the year before it all went stratospheric for us ! So there was a bit of trouble at that game aye ?

MB I've just had The Doss on the phone asking whether he needs to make you an offer you can't refuse.

He doesnt no, I do apologise.... IT WAS A TYPO ERROR.. A TYPO !!! (I felt like larry david for a second then)

Pass this message on for me to the doss, thanks.

Non ah Dos chiedo scusa il giovane, come un gesto di benevolenza la potrebbe lascia per favore il nostro club così possiamo si riunire dei fondi di comprare alcuni giocatori che sono effettivamente bravo nel football, lascia è onesto il suo il migliore la sono la pentola odiosa maiale panciuto di un uomo, uni ringraziamenti mai così molto !!

Legend Rog for the details mate, rep heading your way. 1966, the year before it all went stratospheric for us ! So there was a bit of trouble at that game aye ?

Went both ways according to legend

Lumber in the ground with loads of Celtic lads getting into the paddock by the Kop corner flag & pelting the Kop with a hail of missiles , but also supposed to have been one of the best few days in the city as your lads hung around enjoying themselves , making friends & keeping the city centre buzzing for many nights.

He doesnt no' date=' I do apologise.... IT WAS A TYPO ERROR.. A TYPO !!! (I felt like larry david for a second then)

Pass this message on for me to the doss, thanks.

Non ah Dos chiedo scusa il giovane, come un gesto di benevolenza la potrebbe lascia per favore il nostro club così possiamo si riunire dei fondi di comprare alcuni giocatori che sono effettivamente bravo nel football, lascia è onesto il suo il migliore la sono la pentola odiosa maiale panciuto di un uomo, uni ringraziamenti mai così molto !![/quote']

The horse's head is being re-stitched as we speak.

Sir Roger - a fellow oldie obviously.

Terry Mac hatrick against HSV and what a hatrick!

Another game that never gets mentioned is the 2-0 Forest league game in December 78 - 3 months after they knocked us out of Europe. Another brace from Terry Mac.

I remember the Forest players - all suited and booted - walking down to the Kop at about 2.00 to inspect the pitch or incite a riot. I think the gates had already been locked - and the crowd went fucking ballistic. There was a massive surge forward and they started carting the little 'uns out - passing them over the heads - to the St Johns at the front. Happy days.

Went both ways according to legend

Lumber in the ground with loads of Celtic lads getting into the paddock by the Kop corner flag & pelting the Kop with a hail of missiles , but also supposed to have been one of the best few days in the city as your lads hung around enjoying themselves , making friends & keeping the city centre buzzing for many nights.

Good stuff. Love hearing old stories like this involving the 'tic. Good to think the friendships have remained over the years.

Liverpool 1 - 0 Manchester United

FA cup 2006, we'd been beaten at their place not long before and Neville had done his celebration infront of our fans so the atmosphere was hot, plus we hadnt beaten them in the FA cup for something like 85 years. Kewell took Neville out in the first few minutes and we celebrated like we'd scored, Crouch got the winner, amazing atmosphere

Beating Arsenal 4-2 in the Champions League is one of the best I've been to. The sheer ups and downs of that night will never leave me. My head was booming afterwards. Adebayor scoring followed almost immediately by the penalty won by Babel almost made me sick.

Brilliant game. Hyypia's amazing curling header is always overlooked from that game but it was one of the best headed goals I've ever seen.

Far too many to single one out but the thrashing of forest 4-0, giving forest a 2 goal start and still beating them 4-2. Better yet, UEFA Cup Final 1st leg v Monchengladbach 3-0, UEFA Cup Final 1st leg v Bruges, 2-0 down after about 25 minutes won 3-2. European Cup semi final v Bayern 0-0 they all thought they were through to the fianl after that but we showed 'em.

One of the best must be Auxerre (sp?) 3-0 on a freezing night. But the best must be St Etienne 3-1. Got locked out but what a game!

The first Newcastle 4-3 game was unbelievable. Out and out entertainment, ridiculously intense and with an incredible tempo between two sides playing at the top.

The 2005 Chelsea semi wasn't a great game, but it was easily the best game in terms of the whole occasion and for the emotional journey.

The first Newcastle 4-3 game was unbelievable. Out and out entertainment, ridiculously intense and with an incredible tempo between two sides playing at the top.

The 2005 Chelsea semi wasn't a great game, but it was easily the best game in terms of the whole occasion and for the emotional journey.

I agree. But the tension was unbearble.

Erm I cant really say best game I've been to as both I have been to we have lost and havent scored.