You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

5 hours ago, Mook said:

You need to get a better record collection. Only shite bands release album after album full of fillers.

There aren't many bands that release albums full of gold,even The Beatles. 

Wester music is designed within such narrow parameters to the casual listener that there will always be a bit of shite by great bands and the odd cracker or two by shite bands. 

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There aren't many bands that release albums full of gold,even The Beatles. 

Wester music is designed within such narrow parameters to the casual listener that there will always be a bit of shite by great bands and the odd cracker or two by shite bands. 

Sounds to me like you're listening to all the wrong music.

Yes, there are 12 notes in the Western scale but what's been achieved over the last century by musicians is virtually endless & why restrict yourself to Western music anyway.

Even though they’ve released a fair few there isn’t even a best of album by The Who called The Best of the Who .

Would have been better if Noel had included this album which is the one of the Best of Best of albums by any band...And a great cover too 

the_who_meaty_beaty_big_and_bouncy_vinyl

Meaty-Beaty-Big-And-Bouncy-4-picture.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mook said:

Sounds to me like you're listening to all the wrong music.

Yes, there are 12 notes in the Western scale but what's been achieved over the last century by musicians is virtually endless & why restrict yourself to Western music anyway.

I listen to what I like to listen to but there are very few albums that dont have a few filler tracks. Nothing wrong with 'Best of' albums provided there are plenty of good songs on it.

On 01/10/2020 at 06:29, sh#t waffle said:

Agree. He also got Death in Vegas in to produce Oasis in 2004, bottled it and made Don't Believe the Truth.

I’ve been watching some DiV videos recently, it’s quite strange that I have all of the records, but never watched music TV, so I’ve been surprised at quite how much of a depraved perv Fearless was.

with regards the Gallagher’s, Liam is blunt  does what it says on the can. Noel is a ducking pseud, I’m not having it that he listens to amorphous androgynous that much.

• 8 months later...

He's disappeared right up his own arse thats for sure. Documentary on Sky Arts premiering later about his life since Oasis. I'll record it and watch it because I'm an Oasis fan-boy. Shame to see someone who can write political songs like The Masterplan, Carry Us All, Bring it on Down etc appear to become lord snooty. That said, it's not his fucking job to lower taxes, nationalise railways etc. 

I hate the Gallaghers, I've always hated the Gallaghers. In college I had to sit among people with hair and clothes like the Gallaghers, who'd talk endlessly about Oasis, then at lunchtime go to Virgin where they'd listen to Oasis albums they already owned, then go the pub and play Oasis on the dukebox, then attend concerts where people would throw piss on each other - great stuff. I was a Manics man myself. Pair of thatched roof headed pricks. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I hate the Gallaghers, I've always hated the Gallaghers. In college I had to sit among people with hair and clothes like the Gallaghers, who'd talk endlessly about Oasis, then at lunchtime go to Virgin where they'd listen to Oasis albums they already owned, then go the pub and play Oasis on the dukebox, then attend concerts where people would throw piss on each other - great stuff. I was a Manics man myself. Pair of thatched roof headed pricks. 

133bd7f300b9564cc3a7cce1f42a159578aa0e4a

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I’ve never been into Oasis. They made some good, catchy songs, but their hair, well, Liam’s, up until the early 00s, was the best thing about them. Even then, Liam was only copying John Lennon.