You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"If We Start The Season With Lucas and Masher in CM, We Won't Win The League"

silverlining

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty fucking devasted really, i know its not all Lucas's fault but fucking hell he's a pile of crap and thats being fairly kind to him.

Fuck knows what Rafa see's in him. what has he ever done in the dozens of games he's played for us.

Even more of a wind up considering we have an academy lad or two that certainly would do no worse.

I dont think he'd get a game for burnley.

Edited by DooooodekNo5

We had enough chances to win but were unlucky as we got punished when we made mistakes. Lucas and Voro are not good enough for the squad and the future looks ominous when we don't have any better than them at the moment. I can't understand why Benayoun went off and Babel came on. I thought we needed more width and would have liked to have seen Riera on for Lucas, moving Gerrard back in CM and Benayoun in the hole. If Voro was a dog he would be put down.

Stupid thread to single out Lucas. Gerrard was bloody awful and couldn't pass to one of his own players and his was a proper fuck up for agoal. Lucas just tried to get a head on a ball. It happens.

Any 1 of those early chances goes in and we don;t have one of those games.

However, I do feel Gerrard needs to go back in to midfield with Masch with Benny off Torres. I actually thought Babel shoudl a lot of work rate and got a few good balls in the box.

I am not using Lucas as a scapegoat for poor lfc performances neither has he done me any wrong like having a sex sandwich with my wife and sister.

This is based on my 30odd years of watching football.

I said the other day and will say until blue in the face or he is out of the club. Lucas is an average player at very very best, Pedestrian, gives nothing as an attacking option and is a liability defending (he gives so many fouls away in dangerous areas) He really is a nothing player and is being carried.

Think some on here need to get down to brass tax on this matter...Lucas is not good enough and NEVER will be. And Whilst we are starting with him our title hopes are dead.

As bad as Gerrard was he still has the ability to either create or score a goal. The same cannot be said about Lucas and therefore this thread has merit. Gerrard is off form and so are others that normally perform well but Lucas is not up to the prem. He'd prob do great in Italy. He has had his chances and has prob played well in two games that i can recall. I thought Mash played well tonight but his partner has to be the creative CM'er.

As bad as Gerrard was he still has the ability to either create or score a goal. The same cannot be said about Lucas and therefore this thread has merit. Gerrard is off form and so are others that normally perform well but Lucas is not up to the prem. He'd prob do great in Italy. He has had his chances and has prob played well in two games that i can recall. I thought Mash played well tonight but his partner has to be the creative CM'er.

Concurred. Lucas is a weak link in one of the most important areas of the pitch. We'd actually be better with 10 men on the field than 11 with Lucas.

Have to agree with the nay-sayers on Lucas. I watch him closely tonight and he hides, simple as that. Not sure if Rafa has told him to play this way but he gets the ball and plays a sideways pass or a pass straight back to the person who has given it too him as if the ball is a hand grenade. Then he saunters into the penalty area making no effect to lose his man or make space. If we want a player who simply strolls around midfield then thats fine but at least Gerrard and Alonso (when here) tried to make things happen by whipping the ball into the strikers feet with pace on the ball. Simply does not happen with Lucas as he hasnt got the courage. It was a poor free kick to concede and even worst to head it into your own net under no pressure. Yes, the other players like Kuyt, Bennyoun, Voronin, Stevie, Babel etc were shite tonight but Lucas does not deserve to be in the shirt because his one good contribution in many games has been a pass against Newcastle. What other memorable contribution has he made to any match. I think we should blood Jay Spearing at this point. Lucas adds nothing, tries to stay out of trouble, doesn't ever bust a gut. Not. Good. Enough.

Yes, it was all his fault, despite world class displays from the senior members of our squad Lucas managed to fuck it all up, scored an own goal, didn't explain zonal marking to Carra and he has obviously been teaching Gerrard how too tackle as well. But seeing as you brought this up, does this mean Xabi single=handedly cost us three points at Boro last year as well?

Yes, it was all his fault, despite world class displays from the senior members of our squad Lucas managed to fuck it all up, scored an own goal, didn't explain zonal marking to Carra and he has obviously been teaching Gerrard how too tackle as well. But seeing as you brought this up, does this mean Xabi single=handedly cost us three points at Boro last year as well?

OK then, play Lucas every game until he finally gets a pass right or gets his first header in the right direction in a red shirt because he's a definite world-beater.

OK then, play Lucas every game until he finally gets a pass right or gets his first header in the right direction in a red shirt because he's a definite world-beater.

I never said that he's a world beater or that he'll ever be one, I merely pointed out that yesterdays loss was not solely down to him, the entire team, bar 1 or 2 players, was wank. Weak attempt at a dodge by the way.

IMO Lucas is not good enough for us as a regular but he was not to blame solely for yesterday's loss. There were plenty others out there but let's not let reason get in the way. What I can't understand is why Rafa played with 2 holding mf's against a Villa side prepared to pack the midfield and sit deep to catch us on the break or get a lucky bounce somewhere. Too many times yesterday there was a massive gap between the 2 central players and the forwards and ,as Lucas does not possess Xabi's skills, it meant we lost the impetus.

One other question I have of Rafa, what is happening with Riera and why was he not used last night? Is he another player who you have decided is not going to get a look in regardless of the way the side is playing?