You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"If We Start The Season With Lucas and Masher in CM, We Won't Win The League"

silverlining

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I should probably amend this to "won't qualify for the Champion's League and Benitez will get the sack"

Because right now, that's what all of this is pointing to.

Somewhat ironically, I feel that the only thing that will possibly save Benitez is the behind-the-scenes warring and ongoing ownership issues:

1)It's a (pretty valid) excuse for failure and also one of them will champion him to curry favour with the fans (Hicks, probably)

2) He would cost too much in compensation to sack.

Sunderland was a game we all knew we'd lose, but I have a feeling positive results against Lyon and United may yet again save him from feeling a fan backlash, even though more and more people are sick of his conservative tactics, random team selections, and continuing faith in players who shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. (Sounds familiar, non?)

Spearing aside, the usual suspects (Babel, The Cunt From Brazil, Aurelio, Benayoun et al) showed that they cannot be relied upon, and we were subjected to a laughably poor display that is unacceptable. And then he waits until 10 minutes from time to bring his match-winnner, Javier Mascherano, whoi has been a disgrace this season, and even at his best couldn't score in a brothel even if he had a diamond cock.

Yes, "the owners" blah blah. "Net spend" blah blah. Alonso "blah blah", but we need to look at player we have bought and sold.

We need to look at why Alonso was replaced with a player who wouldn't be fit until November.

We need to look at why so many players (Masher, I'm looking at you) don't look interested and are making basic mistakes (Carra, Skrtel, Insua).

We need to look at why so many players are being paid huge wages, despite the fact that they wouldn't get a game at any other Top 10 club in the Premiership.

We need to look at how many trophies we have won lately.

We need to look at a manager who refuses to accept blame himself, and instead prefers to apportion it to the very players who have kept him in a job.

I don't think we can rely on Benitez looking at all of the above, because he appears to be one-eyed in many respects, and utterly blind in others.

Its Rafa's biggest mistake and I fucking hate him for it but he still has my support as manager. If your simple in the head then its logic you will find very hard to understand.

I don't find it hard to understand. God knows, I supported GH until the bitter end, even when - deep down - I knew he should go. I probably stood up for him longer than I should have.

In fact, the moment I knew he had to go did not come about when watching a game, or talking to mates, or reading the various reports in the press, or looking at the logical reasons laid out on various message-boards.

It was when I saw a link to a Manc site (Red cafe maybe) in which someone had started a petition to save Houllier from the sack.

We should have kept Houllier then? After all, we finished 4th when we had the 4th highest wage bill so he was doing a good job?

GH should not have been allowed back to work until he was fully recovered.

6/7 months was & is way too early for the scale of operation he experienced.

The pressures of the job then meant he never properly recovered.

It would not have happened at a non-football private company with his level of responsibility & reward.

Another Moores/Parry fuck up.

GH should not have been allowed back to work until he was fully recovered.

6/7 months was & is way too early for the scale of operation he experienced.

The pressures of the job then meant he never properly recovered.

It would not have happened at a non-football private company with his level of responsibility & reward.

Another Moores/Parry fuck up.

So he went, what "a bit fucking doolally" because of his operation? Which was on his heart, by the way, he wasn't trepanned.

And I also love your smug use of language in statements like:

"6/7 months was & is way too early for the scale of operation he experienced"

"It would not have happened at a non-football private company with his level of responsibility & reward."

ie that you have ONE FUCKING CLUE about what you're on about, which in the above appears to be an in-depth knowledge of post-operative recovery times on invasive heart surgery and the effect that can have on an individual, and also the HR policies of all "non-football private companies".

Both of which you have blamed Parry/ Moores for.

So he went, what "a bit fucking doolally" because of his operation? Which was on his heart, by the way, he wasn't trepanned.

"It would not have happened at a non-football private company with his level of responsibility & reward."

ie that you have ONE FUCKING CLUE about what you're on about, which in the above appears to be an in-depth knowledge of post-operative recovery times on invasive heart surgery and the effect that can have on an individual, and also the HR policies of all "non-football private companies".

But Catch22 knows everything.

I thought you knew.

Catch would have known.

Because he knows everything.

He was operated on for 10 hours.

At his age, 6-7 months is too short a recovery period.

He was clearly not fit to return for duties

Admittedly ALL may be too strong a word, but he was clearly allowed back when he wanted to come back, not when he was physically able to, & most succesful firms have measures in place to ensure that doesn't happen.

But Catch22 knows everything.

That is a terminological inexactitude:

Today, 10:54 AM

TLW Season Ticket Holder

Re: FAO net spend virgins

Originally Posted by Tom R View Post

And how does that compare to the rest of the mongs?

No idea as it's meaningless without wages.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit:

"If We Start The Season With Lucas and Masher in CM, We Won't Qualify For Europe and Benitez Will Get Sacked".

I hope now that, despite the "MOTM" performance against United, we can all agree that these two constitute the worst CM we've had since Salif Diao was playing for us.

No leadership, no goal-threat, no guts, no spark. NOTHING.

We have real problems all over the pitch, most notably at LB and in attack, but the cancer at the heart of our midfield is seeping deep into the rest of the team.

Purple will arrive far, far too late.

Edit:

"If We Start The Season With Lucas and Masher in CM, We Won't Qualify For Europe and Benitez Will Get Sacked".

I hope now that, despite the "MOTM" performance against United, we can all agree that these two constitute the worst CM we've had since Salif Diao was playing for us.

No leadership, no goal-threat, no guts, no spark. NOTHING.

We have real problems all over the pitch, most notably at LB and in attack, but the cancer at the heart of our midfield is seeping deep into the rest of the team.

Purple will arrive far, far too late.

Couldn't disagree with that more strongly. It is laughable that so many on this forum will twist reality so dramatically to blame the players they are not fond of. I would use this as exhibit A. We completely dominated in midfield against Fulham, and Lucas was superb. His confidence was really on display after the Man U game. We were supremely let down by our attack and telling errors from our defence.

Whenever Gerrard is unavailable, Benny must play in the hole. He is the only other player we have with the skill to control the ball in tight areas. I lost count of how many passes Lucas played into good areas to have it destroyed by Kuyt or Voronin.

Masch destroyed their attack and Lucas was almost Xaviesque with his passing.

Also Carra and the Greek should never play together again. They would be the slowest pairing ever. I would rather have one of the quicker kids around. It reminds me of when Rafa used to play Crouch and Morientes in attack.

Nope. Even if you feel that he should be sacked, then he won't be. We'd need to pay him nearly £20M, so it's just not going to happen.

We might have to pay up to 20 m. Pay him 5 m per year until he gets another job or until his contract runs out.