You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

I reckon the deal will be done before they fly off on sunday surely. Any later than that and it just gets messy. Alonso doesn't want to come back to pre-season and face the others so i'm sure we'll be hearing some big news within the next few days. The sooner he goes the better as far as im concerned. We don't want anyone who's not totally committed to getting no.19 at anfield.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a wife, girl?

If you do and you found out she cheated on you, would you leave her?

If you did, she did not force you out did she, even if in reality she did?

There are being forced and there are being "forced".

You need to get out more Lad!

'Forced' my arse. He wants to play with Kaka, he wants to play in Spain. He wants more money and a large signing on fee.

Let him go and stop making him into a fucking angel. It's embarrassing.

He is an ex Red.

I agree. A lot of people seem to support Xabi more than they do Liverpool FC. Hes not and never has been the most important player in our team. If he doesnt want to play for Liverpool then he can go, but he can only go on our terms. We need to do whats best for the team not whats best for Xabi Alonso.

Latest from RM on the Wires:

Real Madrid sporting director Miguel Pardeza has admitted the free-spending Madridistas may have to miss out on long-time targets Xabi Alonso and Franck Ribery this summer.

"Xabi Alonso is a great player and we can't deny that this team would greatly benefit from his work, but it looks like the situation may not end up well for us.

"We'll nevertheless keep fighting for him and hope negotiations become reasonable again.

Munich haven't even shown interest in transferring Ribery.

"It doesn't seem to be reasonable to keep insisting when so much money is asked for a player."

Don't be fooled by the press releases, this is just the well oilled Madridistas player purchasing team using tactics to reduce the price by delaying and creating confusion.

Rafa, knows the score here, if they really want him they will either cough up or wait until next summer and test their appetite for Alonso after the World Cup.

Either way if Rafa stands firm we can't lose. We pull a big wad now or we buy a years breathing space to find a suitable replacement! We only lose if we panic and sell now at a price which does not reflect current market values.

Not all players are for sale really - even if lot of money is offered. If this was the case, City and Madrid would have offered us huge amount of money for Gerrard. They didn't because they knew he is "not for sale".

I think if they offered £500m we would be considering their offer. Every player has a price. Just there arent any teams who will meet that price.

Do you have a wife, girl?

If you do and you found out she cheated on you, would you leave her?

If you did, she did not force you out did she, even if in reality she did?

There are being forced and there are being "forced".

Oh FFS, youre an idiot.

SO Xabi was fucking Rafa but then Rafa tried to fuck Barry and Xabi was like "Oh, I am so over this", and Barry was like "Talk to the hand, Rafa", and so Rafa pimped Xabi out and was all "No one else if fucking you unless the pay me".

That right?

SO Xabi was fucking Rafa but then Rafa tried to fuck Barry and Xabi was like "Oh, I am so over this", and Barry was like "Talk to the hand, Rafa", and so Rafa pimped Xabi out and was all "No one else if fucking you unless the pay me".

That right?

I think we need a lie detector test to resolve such issues, get them on one of those crackpot shows.

That right?

Normally, the above would qualify as hilarious and I would rep you, but Code's hysteria rendered me too depressed to bother. So blame him.

TheGame - Times Online - WBLG: The men who could replace Xabi Alonso at Liverpool

The men who could replace Xabi Alonso at Liverpool

Liverpool will permit Xabi Alonso to leave if he publicly expresses his desire to join Real Madrid and it remains to be seen whether or not Rafael Benitez will seek out a like-for-like replacement for the stylish Spanish midfielder.

The great irony is that Benitez would now actually love to keep Xabi Alonso, despite trying to sell him last summer in an attempt to fund a move for Gareth Barry. With Barry joining Manchester City, Benitez is forced to look elsewhere to boost his side's title prospects.

If the Liverpool manager is shrewd he could re-invest the proposed fee of about £32 million in a midfield replacement and other potential targets. Here are five men who might be considered as replacements for Alonso in Liverpool's engine room next season:

Alonso's likely arrival at the Bernabeu may well see Sneijder nudged towards the exit door. Florentino Perez is looking to offload some of Real's Dutch contingent, including Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Rafael van der Vaart and Royston Drenthe. Sneijder is an excellent ball player, but more mobile and adventurous than Alonso, whilst having an eye for a goal. The Dutchman's versatility would appeal to Benitez who is no stranger to rotating his side.

He is Manchester City's forgotten midfield man thanks to injury but remains one of English football's brightest prospects. Benitez is reportedly a fan and there have been quiet comparisons between Johnson and Steven Gerrard in terms of their athleticism and all-round ability. Johnson may be considered a risk, but if he is still available for the reported £8 million Newcastle were prepared to pay for him in January, he could prove a snip. Equally important is the fact that this would release further funds for Benitez to put towards another major transfer target, ie David Silva.

The Ghanaian was linked to Liverpool during his stint at Portsmouth and still has many admirers in the Premier League. Athletic, committed and tenacious, Muntari doesn't possess Alonso's range of passing but is certainly an effective midfield enforcer. However, it remains to be seen if he could be prised away from Jose Mourinho's clutches.

Whilst he appears to be one of Everton's main transfer targets this summer, it wouldn't be the first time Benitez has hijacked a move by the Toffees - Mohamed Sissoko, anyone? Defour was Mouraine Fellaini's midfield partner at Standard Liege. Considered the golden boy of Belgian football, Defour has long been linked with a transfer to either La Liga or the Premier League and, at the age of 21, represents a good investment. He is a creative playmaker with an impressive work rate and therefore a potential fan favourite at Anfield.

The Portuguese midfielder has been looked at by Arsenal, Manchester United and Bolton in the past, but no move has yet materialised for the 23-year-old. Veloso is a youthful yet experienced defensive midfielder who can also provide cover at centre back. He is from the 'Michael Carrick' mould of holding midfielders, with good positional sense and an eye for a pass.

Michael Johnson as a replacement for Xabi Alonso!!?? Give me strength!!

I wouldn't be confident of any on that list, although I know Defour is highly rated. Surely Moutinho ratehr than Veloso? Inler or D'Agostino would have to feature, and Cambiasso wouldn't be a bad call if it helped Masch to feel more at home, would it?

I do think the dummy-spitting hysteria on here has to end, especially from those who see Xabi as the second Messiah. Man wants to leave to go back to his own country and get paid more money. Man would rather play behind Kaka and Ronaldo than El Zhar and Voronin. Big deal. End of story. Better players than Xabi have left this club - a more important player has gone to Leverkusen this summer alone - so get over it.

Above all the Xabi-ites need to get behind rafa and whomever he brings in. It ain't going to be easy filling Xabi's shoes, if he goes, and the new man could do with our support.

Because in reality he has been "forced" out by Rafa`s actions constantly undermining him, and why on earth should Alonso lose money as well in such a process along with having to move away from the club.

Because he and his agent have been negotiating with perez even before Perez took over at Real. If he wants to go fine, I thank him for his services and sincerely hope he wins fuck all with the Spanish version of Manchester United ( not because of him personally, just because it's Real).

But he isn't being loyal to the club or the fans (forget Benitez - it's Alonso's attitude to the club and fans which matter) and so he can forego his loyalty bonus because he doesn't deserve it. It's as simple as that.

I know that if I wanted to join a club as much as he states he does, then I wouldn't hesitate to do it if that's what was necessary. But he won't, will he. I said ages ago that nobody would come out of this well and I'm right.

This has gone on long enough. Liverpool should tell Madrid the price is £40m, not fucking £35m, and the deadline is Sunday. If they haven't agreed it on Sunday then he isn't for sale.

Why would we bring in someone who cant pass, makes loads of fouls and only scores from penalties?

The very fact that Benitez pursued Barry with such vigour is enough evidence to tell you that there were certain qualities that he possessed that the team needed to progress. Every player has weaknesses to his game but that's not why you buy a player now is it???

Do you think I don't know that people do it to me and thats why I said it? There are loads on here I despise, have you ever heard me ask them not to be quoted? Its fucking gay to the max, fucking girls grow some balls if you wanna be amongst men.

Men, it's an internet forum mate.

Code has been a blurt for 90% of the time on this thread though.

Guest ShoePiss
Do you think I don't know that people do it to me and thats why I said it? There are loads on here I despise, have you ever heard me ask them not to be quoted? Its fucking gay to the max, fucking girls grow some balls if you wanna be amongst men.

Yeah everyone should be more like you.

Hamsik is the only one i'd be looking at, he is a superb talent and scores at a similar rate to Gerrard. He is tall, physically ready and would add something in my opinion.

we should be able to prise him out of Napoli if we wanted but it would cost big, big money

the other names bandied around just dont inspire.