You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Facebook is great for that shit. Im afraid I do rise to the bait. That's why this Christmas I shall be spending time alone with my vegan kale and cauliflower roast.

I posted a comment on Facebook a while back about how I mark the turning of the year.

Winter - You can't even celebrate Christmas any more, in case it offends people.

Spring - You can't even celebrate St George's Day any more, in case it offends people.

Summer - You can't even support England any more, in case it offends people.

Autumn - You can't even wear a poppy any more, in case it offends people.

It was funny to see who took that at face value.

In the army you have no choice but to take shit,its the whole point of the exercise. I would be interested to see how those black and asian ex soldiers,once back on civvy street,actually felt about being called 'sambo' or 'raghead' etc though.

Well we're all still turning up to reunions and nights out, weddings, christenings, stag do's etc so obviously not too arsed!

Well we're all still turning up to reunions and nights out, weddings, christenings, stag do's etc so obviously not too arsed!

It's a bit different when you're mates with someone though, anything goes & it pretty much does with my mates & me too.

If you've just met someone though, you can't be calling them a *insert racial slur here*, can you? Would you say it to their mate/family member you've just met at a Christening? I wouldn't have thought so.

It's a bit different when you're mates with someone though, anything goes & it pretty much does with my mates & me too.

If you've just met someone though, you can't be calling them a *insert racial slur here*, can you? Would you say it to their mate/family member you've just met at a Christening? I wouldn't have thought so.

It's ok if they are Scottish obviously.

If you've just met someone though, you can't be calling them a *insert racial slur here*, can you? Would you say it to their mate/family member you've just met at a Christening? I wouldn't have thought so.

Just pointing out differences between a PC working environment and none PC working environment, I've done both and I know which one I'd rather be working in, my nickname was skag head (being from Liverpool) for the first couple of years not a nickname I was particularly fond of. Infact you'd take quite a lot of shit back then being one of the only Scousers in a unit mainly full of Southerners, there was nothing nasty about it though.

There's an office I know of that's full of women who more or less all have grievances in against each other, HR are fucking sick of them who'd want to work in an environment like that?

Just pointing out differences between a PC working environment and none PC working environment, I've done both and I know which one I'd rather be working in, my nickname was skag head (being from Liverpool) for the first couple of years not a nickname I was particularly fond of. Infact you'd take quite a lot of shit back then being one of the only Scousers in a unit mainly full of Southerners, there was nothing nasty about it though.

There's an office I know of that's full of women who more or less all have grievances in against each other, HR are fucking sick of them who'd want to work in an environment like that?

Personally I think working in an office full of permanently offended bellends is the lesser of two evils when compared to joining the army & being called a 'Jock cunt' or whatever hilarious equivalent they would likely come up with for me for the duration of my service (probably about 2hrs).

• Upvote 1

Personally I think working in an office full of permanently offended bellends is the lesser of two evils when compared to joining the army & being called a 'Jock cunt' or whatever hilarious equivalent they would likely come up with for me for the duration of my service (probably about 2hrs).

Your nick name would be Jock you'd take the odd joke about wearing kilts eating Haggis etc no more than that really.

If that shit offends you to the point you'd rather work in an environment were everybody hates each other I'd say you need to be a bit more thick skinned.

Your nick name would be Jock you'd take the odd joke about wearing kilts eating Haggis etc no more than that really.

If that shit offends you to the point you'd rather work in an environment were everybody hates each other I'd say you need to be a bit more thick skinned.

I left the fact that in the army you have to go and kill people/be killed at the behest of some politicians unsaid.

I couldn't really give a fuck what people at my work think of me.

I tried to find the one with the sketch "Black pudding is black tonight ma, even the white bits are black."

Can't find it though. 

That's another bit from Eric Olthwaite, isn't it.

This is probably my favourite bit from the whole series.  It's F******* on the GF, but I'll risk it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuJBtcMMp8

Guest Pistonbroke

That's another bit from Eric Olthwaite, isn't it.

This is probably my favourite bit from the whole series.  It's F******* on the GF, but I'll risk it.

Yep, can't find the whole episode, although I've only checked on YT. Ripping Yarns was funny as fuck.