You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sons of Anarchy

Section_31

Bought the second season a few weeks back, not into the whole downloading thing, it's great TV. It's still in the rung below the Shield, Sopranos and Wire for my money - but there's absolutely no shame in that at all.

I've got both seasons on DVD to watch mate. Trying to get my better half into it. She did enjoy The Sopranos after I convinced her to watch it. I'm hoping I can do the same with Sons of Anarchy.

Mark, have you watched Season 2 yet? It's exponentially better than Season 1, which I thought was good anyway; Season 2 is fucking brilliant for me - Shield-like in its relentless intensity.

Yeah mate. I thought it was boss like but not in the same league as The Shield for my money, but then I think The Shield is probably the most intense drama ever made.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yeah mate. I thought it was boss like but not in the same league as The Shield for my money, but then I think The Shield is probably the most intense drama ever made.

Intense drama in what way? Minute by minute action or gripping emotion?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Both really.

That's some serious praise. I've not watched it since it aired, might have to give the first few seasons another watch at some point. The ending of the first episode was quote something.

Not sure I'd agree that it's quite as gripping as you feel. I'd say I was more gripped - emotionally speaking - by Six Feet Under and Rescue Me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the show. I liked the way it was on a knife edge as far as Vic was concerned.

Whilst we're talking of The Shield in a SOA thread; Lem is in the first episode and it looks like he is going to be transferring to charming.

That's some serious praise. I've not watched it since it aired, might have to give the first few seasons another watch at some point. The ending of the first episode was quote something.

Not sure I'd agree that it's quite as gripping as you feel. I'd say I was more gripped - emotionally speaking - by Six Feet Under and Rescue Me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the show. I liked the way it was on a knife edge as far as Vic was concerned.

Whilst we're talking of The Shield in a SOA thread; Lem is in the first episode and it looks like he is going to be transferring to charming.

Did you watch them a week apart mate or a few at a time on DVD? Makes a big difference with The Shield IMO as the last four-five episodes of each season are like one long film. I've never seen intensity like the last couple of episodes of The Shield between Vic and Shane. The first two episodes of season 2, the last episode of seasons 3 and 5 (as well as the one where Kavanaugh goes nuts and arrests lem for watching him on the camera) also stand out.

Clocked Lem in Season 2 yeah, more of a cameo there though. Kenny Johnson isn't the most diverse of actors I must say, but it'll be great if he 'joins the band'.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Did you watch them a week apart mate or a few at a time on DVD? Makes a big difference with The Shield IMO as the last four-five episodes of each season are like one long film. I've never seen intensity like the last couple of episodes of The Shield between Vic and Shane. The first two episodes of season 2, the last episode of seasons 3 and 5 (as well as the one where Kavanaugh goes nuts and arrests lem for watching him on the camera) also stand out.

I watched all but that last season in a back-to-back marathon. Had no choice but to watch the last season week on week, I don't have your patience and self control.

Clocked Lem in Season 2 yeah, more of a cameo there though. Kenny Johnson isn't the most diverse of actors I must say, but it'll be great if he 'joins the band'.

He doesn't seem to be a great fit. I think most of what's good about SOA is the relative unknown cast. Jax, Chibs, Opie etc. I mean, they've all been in other stuff, but not that well known at this level. Even those that are well known were cast very well - Perlman, Boone, et al.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not sure if this is a spoiler.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Apparently Kenny Johnson is signed on to be in 6 episodes of season 3.

That Jax dies choking on a fish bone? I don't think that's a spoiler, mate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Season one is nowhere near the quality of season two imo. If you find the same I'd stick with it for a while.

With you on that. Didn't particularly enjoy the first season, but I went back and tried it - might have even been you that recommend that I do so - and it was really good. So much better.

Keeping eyeing this up and will definitely purchase it at some point. Currently watching Generation Kill and then either going to get hold of this or go into the Sopranos for the first time.

Lucky bugger. Get into that first mate, it's simply got to be done. The Shield, The Wire, The Sopranos - that's your holy trinity right there.

I bought the complete boxset in the sales in January, but we both wanted to wait until we were less busy before starting it as we know we'll want to hammer through it once we get going. Just haven't had the chance yet since finishing Battlestar.

Which reminds me...