You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forum changes

dave u

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with this. Some people do make some shite tags but for the most part they are fine and there are always some that make you laugh out loud and that makes them work whilte. Some people are pricks when they are drunks, doesn't mean we should ban alcohol.

Also, the negs and reps are a bit of fun. That's all. I've repped and negged loads of peole and I've been negged and repped loads of times and I'm new here so i don;t think it's part of a clique think as I'm certainly not in one. I just think it a nice, easy bit of a laugh.

Good shout. I find the negging and repping quite funny actually. And I love the tags, for the most part. I was referred to as 'scum' and a 'ghost' in the same tags thread, which I found amusing.

As for the three who were banned, they obviously deserved it and it wasn't as if they were not warned was it? Can't argue and Dave has done it for the good of the forum and the site in general; hopefully it can return to the way it was whereby people could post their thoughts about whatever it was they wanted to, in a constructive and sensible manner, and everybody else could reply honestly without receiving personal abuse for their troubles.

I mean, we all have different opinions but we all follow one cause don't we?

Anyways, roll on season 2008/09....

It had to be done, because as Dave himself said recently the forum had become unreadable. I don't see why the nonsense of the few should spoil the place for the many. I used to have a laugh coming on here, but that has been in short supply recently.

I think Rashid should have been banned when he was passing off comments from Red Cafe as those of a Liverpool fan. He was also persistently rude about anyone who didn't share his opinion (calling those who preferred Barry over Alonso sheep, something Red Nick was also guilty of).

Xabi D was like a mini Rashid, with his repetitiveness. The other fella spouted nonsense from the start so I didn't really read much of what he posted recently.

Let's hope we can get back to some quality debate once the season kicks off.

Whenever Rashid entered the GF, he was just insane - that post about his intolerance of homosexuality summed it up really. Now he's gone I must say I'll try to post more on the footy forum.

By the way, two great issues have arisen on this thread - Dirty Parry's bitching about negging is incredulously funny, and fin-bat's post criticising hamstrung's tits is either comedy genius or the most conservative thing I've ever witnessed. Either way, my ribs were tickled!

I never neg anybody I don't like. Except Monty. And Woo. And PB15. Other that those three, if I neg you it's because I think you're ok.
Who the fuck is PB15? Has he got a bigger knob than me but smaller bollies?

And fuck right off with this clique shit once and for all. THERE IS NO CLIQUE FOR GOODNESS' SAKE.

P.S. Dave, Chris, Stu, aws, Stouff, Rem, Dirk, etc. Are we going to get around to buying that mansion with 500 acres or not? I think we've convinced those twats who are just "members" that you're broke Davey. We can get away with anything now.

I hope their banning does not prevent members with contrary opinions from posting them. And if they do, I hope both sides act with greater diplomacy than has been happenning this past month or so.

I don't see why that would be the case. I posted a poll after we were beaten by Barnsley in the cup last season asking if people had lost faith in Rafa. I took a bit of shit from a couple of people, but on the whole the thread discussed the merits of the question posed and discussed their opinions in a normal way. At the time I felt we weren't going anywhere with Rafa in charge, but have since revised my view (I am still sceptical on how we'll do this year).

The fact that I hadn't been on Rafa's case at the time day after day, post after post, probably meant I didn't get the shit some probably felt I deserved. It's not what you're saying, but how you're saying it.

The reason Rashid and the others have been banned has nothing to do with their having contrary opinions, but in how and how frequently they delivered those opinions. They were probably posting 50 posts a day saying basically the same thing. Is it any wonder we all became fucked off?

PS. I'd like to acknowledge snez1 for arguing exactly why these idiots deserved to go, I'd have done it myself but I could no longer be arsed.

I don't see why that would be the case. I posted a poll after we were beaten by Barnsley in the cup last season asking if people had lost faith in Rafa. I took a bit of shit from a couple of people, but on the whole the thread discussed the merits of the question posed and discussed their opinions in a normal way. At the time I felt we weren't going anywhere with Rafa in charge, but have since revised my view (I am still sceptical on how we'll do this year).

The fact that I hadn't been on Rafa's case at the time day after day, post after post, probably meant I didn't get the shit some probably felt I deserved. It's not what you're saying, but how you're saying it.

The reason Rashid and the others have been banned has nothing to do with their having contrary opinions, but in how and how frequently they delivered those opinions. They were probably posting 50 posts a day saying basically the same thing. Is it any wonder we all became fucked off?

PS. I'd like to acknowledge snez1 for arguing exactly why these idiots deserved to go, I'd have done it myself but I could no longer be arsed.

Cheers man, think everyone knew why they we're ruining this place, just tried to put it aross as i was sick of it. Glad you agreed.

Just having a wee lurk after work and my perusal began in the form of reading the *drumroll* 'All New Singing and Dancing Gaz Baz Thread' (2008 flipside bunion to fakie remix). What I found most telling, not poignant as my evening's bread winning had fortuitously left me in an upbeat frame of mind, was that after digesting less than three pages I said to myself, "Hmm". I immediately closed the thread, knowing instantly something was afoot and scrolled down whence I chanced upon these here musings.

Two and a half pages of a Gaz Baz thread was all it took for me to realise that there'd been a banning and lo, here it is confirmed.

In response to earlier suggestions of cliques and whatnot I say only this: I read these pages for about three years before I thought I should sign up and actually contribute (though I still can't say I've cast off the behavioral patterns of a filthy street loiterer, feeding on the thoughts of the young) because the quality and camaraderie was, dare I say... magnetic. Possibly bordering on the addictive. It's the longstanders who made this site what it is and I feel like a privileged guest, not through being made to feel unwelcome, I hasten to add. I don't walk into someone else's house and demand things adapt to me; if I want to be there I scope the lay of the land and act accordingly. That's not being downtrodden by a clique, it's called respect and I have a lot of it for this site and the folk herein.

As Kevin the gerbil once remarked to Roland and Errol: "It's great here, innit."

I'm not having a pop...I love your tits,,,, well maybe not yours personally, I just work for a large company who do random spot checks on what you have been looking at, even tho the forum is innocent enough (in reason!) I don't think a pair of bouncing jubs would go down too well.

Go to UserCP -> Edit Options.

There is an checkbox to disable displaying avatars.

I have to confess I'm a bit sad to see Rash go as I rather like him, but I don't care about the others.

I agree but I can understand why.

He had taken his misery, negativity, and repetetiveness to a whole new level recently.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I have to confess I'm a bit sad to see Rash go as I rather like him, but I don't care about the others.

Thats kinda my feelings on it aswell Pablo. Away from the boards, Rash was OK, easy to talk to, pleasant and affable. The thing is, he never, ever, ever learned from his mistakes or took notice of what was said to him, or he was just incapable of doing so. There were times when he really did himself no credit whatsoever with what he said and how he said it and was rightly pulled for it. There were other times that he got undeserved shit just for who he was.

Dave has removed those posters for the good of the site and its something that I applaud, it was the right decision as this forum was descending into the attack of the balloon monsters on a daily basis.

In a way I'm sorry to see Rash go, other times he made you lose the will to live. The forum will be an infinitely better place to be without Xabi D's particular brand of cockendery. As for Red Spartan...god alone knows what went on in his head.

Hopefully we all move on and learn lessons from what has happened and the FF grows from it.