You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I quite like Hobbs as a player. Like our fearless leader said he is very much the Sami type of player and I do still believe we will miss Sami from time to time once he leaves.

Hobbs still has plenty of time to pull his standards up so it would be a shame to see his contract cut already and again as has already been said he would do any championship side proud so if he doesn't improve much we could still sell him on for a bit of profit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

From this mornings BBC gossip column...

League One champions Leicester City will spend £400,000 on Liverpool's Jack Hobbs and £200,000 to land Hull City's Wayne Brown. The defenders are both currently on loan with the Foxes.(Daily Star)

Granted the sauce is only the Daily fucking Beano, but if memory serves me correctly, didn't we spend 500k to bring him to the club in the first place? If so, and having spent 2-3 seasons developing him, training him on, paying his keep, loaning him out and making him a much better player and prospect, why then would we accept a bid of 400K?

Is there anything in this story at all, or is it Leicester getting ahead of themselves?

He only has 12 months left on his contract, but I don't think we would or should take £400k for him. There is plenty of interest in him from a fair few Championship sides, so I think the fee we should be looking for would be somewhere towards the £750k-£1m mark.

He only has 12 months left on his contract, but I don't think we would or should take £400k for him. There is plenty of interest in him from a fair few Championship sides, so I think the fee we should be looking for would be somewhere towards the £750k-£1m mark.

That is what I was thinking Al. There must be a market for him from more established Championship clubs with revenue than Leiceester. I'm sure Mandaric would like to take him permanently, but there is no need for us to be mugged...again.

Is there any likelihood that Hobbs will ever be good enough for our first team in the future?

That is what I was thinking Al. There must be a market for him from more established Championship clubs with revenue than Leiceester. I'm sure Mandaric would like to take him permanently, but there is no need for us to be mugged...again.

Is there any likelihood that Hobbs will ever be good enough for our first team in the future?

I dunno really Rob as I've only ever seen brief highlights of Leicester on ITV on a Sunday morning this season. From what I've read he's done really well there though. I know he's rated by the staff at Melwood, and a good few of the first team players commented on him when he had a few appearances last season, saying how he much had improved.

I've only really watched the ressies the past two seasons, so didn't see Hobbs play for them. I imagine Dave, Maldini or any of the others who know their youth football would have a better idea.

On the topic of youth players, Spearing and Darby have rejected contract offers due to the money offered.

They want the same money as Lucas and Ngog.

Not true. Jay and Darbs haven't been offered contracts, they're still waiting to hear what's going on. The agents might have held some kind of informal talks, but to say that the lads have turned down deals - and turned them down over money - isn't true.

I dunno really Rob as I've only ever seen brief highlights of Leicester on ITV on a Sunday morning this season. From what I've read he's done really well there though. I know he's rated by the staff at Melwood, and a good few of the first team players commented on him when he had a few appearances last season, saying how he much had improved.

I've only really watched the ressies the past two seasons, so didn't see Hobbs play for them. I imagine Dave, Maldini or any of the others who know their youth football would have a better idea.

Same as me Al, I've only seen the couple of first team appearances he made for us and brief highlights on that ITV abortion of a programme. It would appear that if he is rated highly enough, that he could come back to us in the Summer and perhaps another 6 month loan next season and just play a watching game with him.

The fact he only has 12 months left on his contract is a bit of a concern mind and takes things out of our hands unless we act soon enough one way or the other. I'm not for training players on and then letting them walk out of the door, especially when you see the likes of United getting 1.5m for their youngsters time after time.

Hobbs is worth at least a million of anyone's money. I'd like us to tie him down to a longer contract and loan him out again to a Championship side, or possibly even higher if there was interest in him.

Look at how the mancs handled Johnny Evans, that's how I'd like to see us try and develop Big Jack.

Hobbs is worth at least a million of anyone's money. I'd like us to tie him down to a longer contract and loan him out again to a Championship side, or possibly even higher if there was interest in him.

Look at how the mancs handled Johnny Evans, that's how I'd like to see us try and develop Big Jack.

think his contract only has a year left would agree on the loan but only if we can get him to sign a new longer deal

From this mornings BBC gossip column...

League One champions Leicester City will spend £400,000 on Liverpool's Jack Hobbs and £200,000 to land Hull City's Wayne Brown. The defenders are both currently on loan with the Foxes.(Daily Star)

Granted the sauce is only the Daily fucking Beano, but if memory serves me correctly, didn't we spend 500k to bring him to the club in the first place? If so, and having spent 2-3 seasons developing him, training him on, paying his keep, loaning him out and making him a much better player and prospect, why then would we accept a bid of 400K?

Is there anything in this story at all, or is it Leicester getting ahead of themselves?

Do i also remember some sort of future sell on fee going to the club we got him from being part of the initial deal and why Arsenal pulled out?

Do i also remember some sort of future sell on fee going to the club we got him from being part of the initial deal and why Arsenal pulled out?

That happens in the vast majority of transfers when a player from a lower league moves to the Premiership.

Ive been to a few Leicester games this season as a mate is the chaplain, and he's been great for them. Definitely worth 1mil for a top championship defender.