You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emlyn needs your vote

Vincent Vega

There's a vote taking place to induct the next football legend into the Football Museum Hall Of Fame, and we have both the mighty king Emlyn Hughes and our greatest 'keeper since Elisha Scott on the five man shortlist. If like me you think Emlyn deserves his place amongst these legends at the football museum, vote here:

National Football Museum - Hall of Fame Vote 2008

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was picking my greatest ever Liverpool team Emlyn would be in it and he'd be captain.

Way before my time but what a player? The enthusiasm and workrate in some of the games I have seen him in were magnificent - he was also a bloody good player - certainly not restricted to the "work horse / crazy horse" tag.

Way before my time but what a player? The enthusiasm and workrate in some of the games I have seen him in were magnificent - he was also a bloody good player - certainly not restricted to the "work horse / crazy horse" tag.

Crazy horse was the name given to him by reds fans because he feared nobody and would lead by example...it was a name given in honour, nothing to do with "workhorse"

[/b]

Crazy horse was the name given to him by reds fans because he feared nobody and would lead by example...it was a name given in honour, nothing to do with "workhorse"

I know that mate but it detracted from his football skills a bit which he had an abundance of.

Crazy Horse, Souey and King Kenny, not necessarily in that order, are the three greatest players I ever saw in a red shirt and would definitely be in my "Greatest" XI.

Without a shadow of a doubt if we had him these past 17 years we would have won the league more than zero times.

[/b]

I think the name originated from some incident on the pitch which I can't remember the details of, it stook with him because of his amazing enthusiasm and effort. He also gave some great performances for England at left-back in his early days which he was given little credit for by the press.