You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai International Capital (DIC)

Rashid

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feb 14 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

Rafa Benitez (158)

RAFA BENITEZ has been given a major boost as Liverpool head into one of the most crucial weeks of their season.

Injured quartet Fernando Torres, Fabio Aurelio, Sami Hyypia and Alvaro Arbeloa have all returned to training and are in contention for a starting place against Barnsley in the FA Cup on Saturday.

With a crunch Champions League tie with Inter Milan and a Premier League game with Middlesbrough to follow, Benitez is delighted to have four of his senior squad members back.

"I need to consider both games but I know it's important to progress in the FA Cup, so I will try to use a strong team,” said the Reds boss.

"Sami Hyypia is improving. He did the warm up and could be available, but we will have to analyse the situation. Torres also did the warm up, as well as Fabio Aurelio and Alvaro Arbeloa , and they are really close.

"Now it is about whether we will take the risk or not.

"For Inter, Torres will be okay. We will have to check before Barnsley."

Torres’ return, in particular, is a major boost as the Spanish striker has made a quicker than expected comeback from a minor hamstring injury sustained on international duty with Spain.

Aurelio, Arbeloa and Hyypia have also recovered from the minor injuries which kept them out of Liverpool’s goalless draw with Chelsea at the weekend and will come into contention for places in Benitez’s starting line-up for this Saturday’s FA Cup fifth round tie at Anfield.

And with long-term injury victim Daniel Agger now back in full training, Benitez will be delighted to see his squad strength bolstered at such an important stage of the season.

Meanwhile, young Liverpool midfielder Danny Guthrie has admitted he may not have a future at Anfield.

Guthrie is currently enjoying a season-long loan at Bolton where he has been one of Gary Megson’s star performers and the 20-year-old believes his future could well lie at the Reebok.

Liverpool will seek a fee in the region of £3m for a player who came through the ranks at Anfield and Bolton are likely to make an offer to sign Guthrie on a permanent deal once his loan has run out.

Guthrie said: “A lot can happen between now and the end of the season. But I could see myself staying here.

"However, it’s up to people above me to decide what happens.

"I'm sure Liverpool have been monitoring my progress but I haven't spoken to anyone.

"In terms of me staying, it is what the two clubs want to do and then it comes down to me.

“I’m loving it now. When I first came I wasn't getting too much of a look-in. But I’m involved on a regular basis now.”

Meanwhile, despite reports in a national newspaper that Liverpool's American owners will sell to DIC by next month, the ECHO understands that although discussions between the parties are ongoing, no deal is certain.

tonybarrett@liverpoolecho.co.uk

So here we are, the once proud Liverpool FC, looking like an old mule carrying too much weight. In desperation we look for someone to save us, a straw of hope to clinch to. DIC, they say, will buy us for 500 million, next day it’s 440 million or a billion What we know for sure, however, is that 220 million was too much for them last year.

Like others in this thread, Ive also done a mathematical study. Sadly there’s no Nobel Maths Price coming my way either. Sorry lads, 2+2 is still 4.

And even if there was a miracle making 5 out the 2+2, who’s to say DIC is any better. We’re being fucked as we speak. Hicky-dicky’s got his boner a long way up our shitters. Unlike most of you, I’m not sure an Arab DIC would feel any better. Won’t happen though, there’s no such thing as a mathematical miracle.

So, there’s nothing we could do about being fucked then? Afraid there isn’t, but we can fuck them right back! Support and expand the boycott efforts, now!

Thats the problem- its not... yet

This is also a Lipton link from 365 which contains an additional paragraph.......

DIC are reportedly on the verge of completing their takeover of Liverpool.

According to The Daily Mirror, the Dubai International Capital group - the investment arm of the Dubai government - have reached an 'outline agreement' with current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to buy the club for around £460million.

The Mirror claims that 'sources in New York' have confirmed that a deal is in place, and could be completed by the middle of March.

DIC failed in their initial bid to buy Liverpool when Hicks and Gillett took over in 2007, but are now prepared to effectively double the Americans' money for the club.

Hicks and Gillett recently completed a £350million refinancing deal on the money they borrowed to buy the club, which left Liverpool saddled with around £105million of debt.

While Rafa Benitez has, to put it mildly, had his disagreements with Hicks and Gillett, the takeover might not be the best news for him after all.

Reports earlier this week suggested that DIC were not convinced that Benitez was the right man to take Liverpool forward, having been less than impressed with his public rows with the current owners.

So here we are, the once proud Liverpool FC, looking like an old mule carrying too much weight. In desperation we look for someone to save us, a straw of hope to clinch to. DIC, they say, will buy us for 500 million, next day it’s 440 million or a billion What we know for sure, however, is that 220 million was too much for them last year.

Like others in this thread, Ive also done a mathematical study. Sadly there’s no Nobel Maths Price coming my way either. Sorry lads, 2+2 is still 4.

And even if there was a miracle making 5 out the 2+2, who’s to say DIC is any better. We’re being fucked as we speak. Hicky-dicky’s got his boner a long way up our shitters. Unlike most of you, I’m not sure an Arab DIC would feel any better. Won’t happen though, there’s no such thing as a mathematical miracle.

So, there’s nothing we could do about being fucked then? Afraid there isn’t, but we can fuck them right back! Support and expand the boycott efforts, now!

You can say that again. :whistle:

You can say that again, unless the are renaming it...:whistle:

This is also a Lipton link from 365 which contains an additional paragraph.......

DIC are reportedly on the verge of completing their takeover of Liverpool.

According to The Daily Mirror, the Dubai International Capital group - the investment arm of the Dubai government - have reached an 'outline agreement' with current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to buy the club for around £460million.

The Mirror claims that 'sources in New York' have confirmed that a deal is in place, and could be completed by the middle of March.

DIC failed in their initial bid to buy Liverpool when Hicks and Gillett took over in 2007, but are now prepared to effectively double the Americans' money for the club.

Hicks and Gillett recently completed a £350million refinancing deal on the money they borrowed to buy the club, which left Liverpool saddled with around £105million of debt.

While Rafa Benitez has, to put it mildly, had his disagreements with Hicks and Gillett, the takeover might not be the best news for him after all.

Reports earlier this week suggested that DIC were not convinced that Benitez was the right man to take Liverpool forward, having been less than impressed with his public rows with the current owners.

There's your key word in this one. I bet no one has any idea what DIC would do management wise if they came in. What fucking REPORTS:wallbutt:

2 + 2 = 4 is not necessarily true, it can also be 3 or 5 actually...

1,51 rounded is also equal to 2 rounded, same with 2,49 rounded....

to be pedantic and mathematical.

2 + 2 = 4 is not necessarily true, it can also be 3 or 5 actually...

1,51 rounded is also equal to 2 rounded, same with 2,49 rounded....

to be pedantic and mathematical.

Nice one. And if we talk billions 0,22 could be rounded to 0, the same as 0,44. We'll get our club back for free, without any debt; 0,35 rounded to 0 also! Good thinking mate.

Since you're banging on about Rafas ability to mount a league challenge elsewhere, Rash, then please answer this simple question.

But circumstances changed as well.

Anyway let me put it as a straight yes/no-question:

Do you think that Rafa could make Liverpool FC challenge for the title, if he was given the funds to buy four world class players this summer without having to sell of any of the current stars?

Give it up mate, he's already said No Comment on about page 2!!

Yeah, I know. Silly of me to expect him to answer a difficult question.

But if Rash thinks we need to buy four world class players in the summer to catch up, then he admits that our squad is not good enough to challenge.

And I think he would (or should) concede, that Rafa would be challenging for the title with the additions of Lahm, Quaresma (there, I've said it), Alves and Villa.

Yeah, I know. Silly of me to expect him to answer a difficult question.

But if Rash thinks we need to buy four world class players in the summer to catch up, then he admits that our squad is not good enough to challenge.

And I think he would (or should) concede, that Rafa would be challenging for the title with the additions of Lahm, Quaresma (there, I've said it), Alves and Villa.

that's if he didn't rotate them and bring Kuyt etc in every other game