You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Has anyone seen The Railwayman yet?

Saw it over the weekend as the third leg of an Imprisonment And Torture triple bill with 12 Years A Slave and Mandela.  Made me feel a bit misanthropic, actually.

As for The Railway Man, it was fairly decent.  When I saw the trailer I had little interest in seeing it until Firth slid the blade out of a boxcutter and it looked like it might be a bit edgy, against all the odds.  The flashbacks scenes with Jeremy Irvine doing a Colin Firth impression were probably the more interesting, and I didn't know anything of how the true story turned out so the finale was quite tense.  A perfectly reasonable 7/10 for me.

• Upvote 1

Wolf Of Wall Street 9/10.

Brilliant stuff. Very Goodfella's with the story arc and the was Di Caprio narrates the whole movie. Genuinely hilarious in places. I was hooked from him sniffing crack out a hookers ass in the first minute!

The lass who plays his wife (his 2nd wife, not the first one, urgh, he reminded me of Angie Bonpensiero) was simply amazing. Might have to go to see it at the cinema just to see the scene where she struts in naked again.

Di Caprio was well worth his Golden Globe win also. The 'cerebral palsy' bit was terrifically acted, as we other scenes like when he tries to bribe the FBI agent.

Quite how anybody voting for the Golden Globes though American Hustle is better than this leaves me puzzled. I'll be hard pushed to see a better film in 2014 than this. Ace.

• Upvote 1

Saw it over the weekend as the third leg of an Imprisonment And Torture triple bill with 12 Years A Slave and Mandela.  Made me feel a bit misanthropic, actually.

As for The Railway Man, it was fairly decent.  When I saw the trailer I had little interest in seeing it until Firth slid the blade out of a boxcutter and it looked like it might be a bit edgy, against all the odds.  The flashbacks scenes with Jeremy Irvine doing a Colin Firth impression were probably the more interesting, and I didn't know anything of how the true story turned out so the finale was quite tense.  A perfectly reasonable 7/10 for me.

What were you thinking about!

Anyhow, thanks for answering. I'll report back

Have to echo what people have said about American Hustle. I didn't think it was a bad film as such (defo seen far worse), just really underwhelming. I thought the cast were all pretty good but it just didn't engage me at all and I was pretty bored about an hour in. I'd give it a 5/10.

As an aside, while I genuinely think Jennifer Lawrence is a talented actress but am I the only person who thinks she's been miscast in David O. Russell's stuff? I think do think she does an alright job both in Hustle and Silver Linings (even though I didn't like the film), but considering in the former she's supposed to be Bale's wife whose old enough to be her dad, and in the latter she's supposed to be a widow and had a troubled time with sex addiction, I just wasn't having either because she's a kid in her twenties and looks it in both. I'm probably the only person who thinks this like, but was doing my head in watching both.

Saving Wolf of Wall Street for the weekend. Really looking forward to that one.

Harry Potter and the half cocked wank

Was pretty shit until i fell asleep then it got better for a bit then i woke up and I didnt know hwat the fuck was going on

On the plus side hermione is approaching legal age so if i'm made to watch the next one maybe i'll allow myself not to feel too guilty about certain thoughts.

3/10

• Upvote 1

Django Unchained - 6/10. Thought it was OK but nothing more. Django was just a bit of a shit character for me, just wore a blue suit. His mate was far better, should have named the film after him. In fact, the film should have been about him being a bounty hunter after he left dentistry, that would have been boss.

Django Unchained - 6/10. Thought it was OK but nothing more. Django was just a bit of a shit character for me, just wore a blue suit. His mate was far better, should have named the film after him. In fact, the film should have been about him being a bounty hunter after he left dentistry, that would have been boss.

Careful. Analyzing Tarantino films has been shown to cause brain tumours in lab monkeys.