You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Ice Age - Not great, not shit; just a half-decent way to waste an hour and a half. Black is Black, Cena is Cena and they wander through the film doing what you might expect them too. Nice little addition of David Cross from Arrested Development though.

Seven dead Caribou out of a tundra hunt.

Sicko - You have to treat Michael Moore stuff for what it is really, and in my opinion it's mainly a sales pitch to Americans to try and change their minds on stuff. Moore's continuous retard act "Oh, you mean you don't pay here?" can get annoying but the reason he does it is to obviously walk through the issue as someone who knows nothing of it. Even with the flaws and an acceptance that he's only giving you one side of the story it's still a pretty decent film on how fucked up healthcare and attitudes towards each other are in the US.

Seven and three quarter baby smoothies out of ten.

The Invention of Lying - Quite disappointed with it to be honest.

Ricky's character should have hated Jennifer Garner. There was nothing likeable about her. And when she did do something that wasn't cruel or stupid it seemed very much out of character. Also he had Tina Fey working for him, I'd have been obsessed with Tina Fey instead of Jennifer Gurner (not a typo).

The scene with Steve Merchant and Barry From Eastenders felt forced and was badly acted. Very disappointed by that. Merchant is so much better than that.

Louis CK was really funny in it. He had a few great lines but he did feel like a bit of a nothing character.

It was just a film completely full of arseholes. No one was nice.

One thing was Ricky's performance when his mum was dying. Reminiscent of the Celebrity Big Brother scene in Extras. Fantastic.

A disappointing film all round. I never expected much from Ghost Town. But this was written by Gervais. I expected more. Maybe his next film with Steve will see a return to form. If it does I suggest we'll see a lot of people questioning who is the true talent in that partnership.

5/10

Guest TK-421

Wicker Man 2006

I had a burning curiosity to watch this movie being a fan of the original. I was convinced this would be terrible, and it is.

It's set on a small island called Summers Isle located in Puget Sound in the Pacific Northwest. We are told at the start that there are no telephone communications at all on Summers Isle, it being so remote and everything. Sure.

The pace of the movie is horrible. In the original version Edward Woodward, for the most part, maintains an awkward calm throughout until it finally dawns on him what is happening. Not so the remake. Nicholas Cage becomes somewhat irate with how matters are proceeding about thirty minutes in, and becomes increasingly so for the remainder of the film. It leads to some unintentional comedy one-liners from him, my favourites being "why is it burned, why is it burned!!!" and "Oh no! Not the bees, not the bees!" If you can sit through the rest of what's on offer it's worth watching for these two moments.

There is the odd replicated scene from the original or predictable variations thereof.

1/10

I was made to watch 42nd Street in film genre class yesterday.

It was fucking pish. So many of the big names from way back when wouldn't get a job these days. They still acted as though they were on stage. Everything was overblown and badly scripted.

Bad film. I can understand why people liked it at the time but really not for today and not for me.

Wicker Man 2006

I had a burning curiosity to watch this movie being a fan of the original. I was convinced this would be terrible, and it is.

It's set on a small island called Summers Isle located in Puget Sound in the Pacific Northwest. We are told at the start that there are no telephone communications at all on Summers Isle, it being so remote and everything. Sure.

The pace of the movie is horrible. In the original version Edward Woodward, for the most part, maintains an awkward calm throughout until it finally dawns on him what is happening. Not so the remake. Nicholas Cage becomes somewhat irate with how matters are proceeding about thirty minutes in, and becomes increasingly so for the remainder of the film. It leads to some unintentional comedy one-liners from him, my favourites being "why is it burned, why is it burned!!!" and "Oh no! Not the bees, not the bees!" If you can sit through the rest of what's on offer it's worth watching for these two moments.

There is the odd replicated scene from the original or predictable variations thereof.

1/10

It's become a bit a cult phenomenon due to its direness.

[YOUTUBE]e6i2WRreARo[/YOUTUBE]

At work yesterday I watched the following films.

Ghost in the shell - 8.5 pixelated nipples out of 10.

Usual Suspects - 10 barbershop quartets of ouf 10.

Donnie Brasco - 9 Sonnies of out 10.

Did any bombers get in?

Nakatomi%20Die%20Hard.jpg

That's quite possibly the best thing I've ever seen posted on the internet, outstanding!

Army of Crime - 8/10, French and Armenian film about the resistance agains the nazis, it was good like but fuck me did it drag, I think it was actually played out in realtime.

Diagnosis: Death

Fucking shite - 2/10

Creation

Very good actually although it drags on for about 20 minutes at the end.

And if anyone sees it, you too will find yourself for some reason very paranoid about the method he uses to transport his one copy of the on the origin of species to the printers.

8/10

Guest The Big Green Bastard

whilst i got into bed and avoided the messy shag with the missus, this film came on ITV called missing, starring sissy spacek (naked ginga sexy bitch from carrie) and jack lemmon.

There was the obligatory warning that the film may contain graphic scenes of violence etc..this had me hooked.

Any film which has the potential of a rape/naked situation of sissy becomes an automatic 10/10.

After 2 hours of watching this film, i did not at all see sissies tits (disappointing) but the film itself was so captivating i could not sleep.

I won't spoil it too much, but it was roughly set during the chilean revolutions of Pinochet's era whereby any subversive journalists, be it american or chilean were executed at the national stadium,

This is a S31 film and must be seen by anyone/everyone who has an ounce of intelligence.

No chance of sissy naked but a good 8/10

whilst i got into bed and avoided the messy shag with the missus, this film came on ITV called missing, starring sissy spacek (naked ginga sexy bitch from carrie) and jack lemmon.

There was the obligatory warning that the film may contain graphic scenes of violence etc..this had me hooked.

Any film which has the potential of a rape/naked situation of sissy becomes an automatic 10/10.

After 2 hours of watching this film, i did not at all see sissies tits (disappointing) but the film itself was so captivating i could not sleep.

I won't spoil it too much, but it was roughly set during the chilean revolutions of Pinochet's era whereby any subversive journalists, be it american or chilean were executed at the national stadium,

This is a S31 film and must be seen by anyone/everyone who has an ounce of intelligence.

No chance of sissy naked but a good 8/10

I could only skim-read your review, but didn't this star Nicole Kidman? If it's the one I think it was, it's close to 'Taken' but less action-ey. and a modest 6.5/10

Guest The Big Green Bastard
I could only skim-read your review, but didn't this star Nicole Kidman? If it's the one I think it was, it's close to 'Taken' but less action-ey. and a modest 6.5/10

no no no, nothing like taken at all. and it stands at 8/10, imdb7.7/10.

negged for skim reading and jumping to assumptions. Keep that shit to the *f

Missing (1982)