You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in for Heinze?

Count Morfeo

But an alleged conversation with no indepenant witnesses is upholdable, as is their supposed 'transfer policy'? This transfer policy of not selling players to Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal? I got three words for ya 'Juan" 'Seba' 'Veron'.

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Heinze's case was all based around a letter purporting to allow him to leave for £6.8m. Now, leaving all the usual Manc bullshit and lies to one side regarding "transfer policy", Heinze's case was hinged on the legality of this fabled letter with regard to it somehow negating his contract.

Which it can't, because it doesn't.

End of story.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obligation to use reasonable endeavours to enter an agreement

9. An agreement to agree is not an agreement at all. Furthermore, English Law does not recognise or enforce a duty to negotiate in good faith. See Walford v Miles [1992] 2 AC 128, HL; Little v Courage Ltd (1994) 70 P&CR 469, CA. An agreement to execute an agreement containing specified terms is, however, enforceable. See Morton v Morton [1942] 1 All ER 273.

Wank! Sack Parry's lawlers.

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Heinze's case was all based around a letter purporting to allow him to leave for £6.8m. Now, leaving all the usual Manc bullshit and lies to one side regarding "transfer policy", Heinze's case was hinged on the legality of this fabled letter with regard to it somehow negating his contract.

Which it can't, because it doesn't.

End of story.

If it's that straightforward, maybe Heinze and LFC should have hired you as their legal advisor and saved themselves a lot of trouble. I'm guessing they know more than you do though.

If it's that straightforward, maybe Heinze and LFC should have hired you as their legal advisor and saved themselves a lot of trouble. I'm guessing they know more than you do though.

You'd wonder sometimes, you really would.

Aside from the embarrassing mess this has been from Day One, I've never thought we had a fucking leg to stand on, compounded by Slur Alex's smug countenance right from the get-go.

Two questions to throw into the TLW ether:

1. Why has the Sheff Wed fucker got it in for us? Is it in any way related to Hillsborough?

2. What's Ferguson's problem? He either thinks the player is good enough for them or he doesn't. If it's the latter, what does he care where he goes?

Going to be intresting. After this season he can buy him self out of contract. We are then talking about 1-2 mil pund.

I know there is a deal between G14 clubs about not taking playes from each other like that but but but it's mancs

And it's not finhised before the appal

How does saying "You can leave for £6.8m" only signify an agreement to agree? Surely that signifies an agreement for him to leave for £6.8m? No?

No.

Because it wasn't a contract. Nor did it replace his existing contract.

Ergo: they can do what they fucking want with him ,while he is under contract.

That word again: CONTRACT.

Not "letter", "whispered promise", "graffiti in the changing room bogs" or "what he said to me once down the pub".

Contract.

I'm fucking sick and tired of this anyway. Fuck him.

Two questions to throw into the TLW ether:

1. Why has the Sheff Wed fucker got it in for us? Is it in any way related to Hillsborough?

2. What's Ferguson's problem? He either thinks the player is good enough for them or he doesn't. If it's the latter, what does he care where he goes?

Number 2 is the mystery.

From what I saw of Heinze last season, I'd have been laughing all the way to the offie with £7m for him.

Now obviously neither manager has a spotless record when it comes to transfers, but both seem to rate him highly, and yet only one seemed to want to give him a first-team spot.

If Slur Alex didn't rate him, why kick up a fuss if he got £7m for a reserve?

It's odd. Very odd.

No.

Not "letter", "whispered promise", "graffiti in the changing room bogs" or "what he said to me once down the pub".

Contract.

Yes Brendan, but some people much more intelligent than you thought that this would be sufficient to find in Heinz's favour. As I am no expert in law, I was saying that even from a common sensical view, it seems that the wrong decision has been made.

No.

Contract.

That post made me laugh very loud. Nice one mate.

From what I saw of Heinze last season, I'd have been laughing all the way to the offie with £7m for him.

How much of him did you actually see? The only bad games I saw him have were the AC Milan games. Other than that he seemed steady, if not spectaculor.

Yes Brendan, but some people much more intelligent than you thought that this would be sufficient to find in Heinz's favour. As I am no expert in law, I was saying that even from a common sensical view, it seems that the wrong decision has been made.

From a fairness point of view, probably.

He wanted to come, Benitez seemed ready to play him, Ferguson's had him as a reserve for most of last season, why not let him go for a laughably inflated price?

As Paul mentioned in a post above, it's all a bit strange.

As for the legality bit, football's full of fuckwits who claim to have (or know) more than they're letting on.

Heinze had a letter. Plus some bollocks about a taped conversation?

Big fat zero, in other words.

How much of him did you actually see? The only bad games I saw him have were the AC Milan games. Other than that he seemed steady, if not spectaculor.

Admittedly, the AC Milan game was the one forever burnt into my retinas.

Truly, gob-smackingly, terrifyingly awful.

Plus I like Riise. Which I know isn't fashionable on many Liverpool sites.

Oh fuck off. If he'd signed you'd be drooling now and saying you were convinced by his commitment to join us etc.

I'm not sure that's fair. Loads of people never wanted Heinze, "commitment" or otherwise.

I really liked him in his first season when he won their Player Of The Year; fearless, murderous tackling, great work-rate, boss defender.

But every time I saw him after the injury he looked a horribly diminished footballer with about half the pace he used to have.

He knew it too, he was caught so often that he started launching into insane challenges in order to mask his lack of mobility.

We ducked a bullet.

Admittedly, the AC Milan game was the one forever burnt into my retinas.

Truly, gob-smackingly, terrifyingly awful.

Plus I like Riise. Which I know isn't fashionable on many Liverpool sites.

Well I'm not a big fan of Riise and haven't been for a long time. I think he'll do a job, but I think we can do much better.

As for the part about the legality or not so of Heinz case, I'm sure LFC aren't using Paul Rooney solicitors. I'm sure we do have experts working on cases like this (he was using our solicitors I gather).