You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your thoughts on the Premiership this season?

Section_31

Well it's all over for another year, came and went pretty fast I reckon, what did you think of it?

Anti-climax again for us, although as soon as the takeover went through and it looked like we were out of the running, I started looking more at Europe and next season.

Reading have done well, although I'm delighted Shefield United are consigned to hell, won't miss them.

Entertainment value has been better than the two previous years when the Chavs had a stranglehold from the get-go, last season in particular everyone was trying to play like the chavs, with five man midfields and no goals until christmas.

On the whole though there are still no teams apart from the Reds i can be arsed watching, a few years ago you'd watch the Man-Arse matches and they'd be real blood and thunder jobs, there were also a few teams around palying entertaining footy, not now though, pragmatism and a smattering of some gifted players seem the order of the day.

Must do better

Thought it was shit tbh! A poor united team took the title from an even poorer chavski, both of which couldnt progress beyond the CL semi's.

Meanwhile we failed yet again in the PL. Yes, we've done well in the CL but at the end of the day, its only a cup competition. We have to do it over 38 games.

I'm suprised with United doing so well, but hats off. They've been immense and had a top moral in the team, not giving up. And Ronaldo has suprised me big time to, for me he's always been a showpony with no end product, but this year he's helped United to win the PL. I thought Chelsea would win it, and we would be closer them, with United behind us. But Mourinho has fucked it up, with Ballack and Shevchenko.

And no, I can't see other games, really not.. I like to see West Ham a bit, and teams with players I like, but yes - it's some boring teams in the PL, like Chelsea, they are so boring to watch.

Piss poor IMO. The standard of the football and a number of teams were well below what it should be. Outside the top four the rest are very average and very shit. There's not enough competition from 1 to 20. Its becoming a too familar toal of 90 points + winning the league. Have those teams who have achieved it been that good or does it really show how poor the premiership is?

On the liverpool front I had the unfortunate 'pleasure' of going to Villa and witnessing one of the dullest games in history. Watford and Charlton were two of the poorest sides I've ever seen play in the premiership when we played them away from home. a fucking shit start not helped by a shit away programme. Home from excellent, away form just like 2005.

Oh and the scum won the fucking thing.

cant remember to many great games, more of a battle at he bottom than the top. we've drifted through it and gave up the ghost before the new yr. Been impressed with mcarthy and berbatrov but otherwise forgettable.

the mancs winning anything is always sickening. role on may 23rd

Have to agree- in general, the league has been of a poor standard.

United have played good football in all honesty; they have looked to score all the time- never settling for just one (unless it's at Anfield). But really, it's not the greatest team they have ever had and other teams should have taken advantage of this.

Like us- our away form has been poor, and it's a shame because there isn't that much difference between the United 11 and our first choice side isn't that great.

Elsewhere I reckon Coppell has to get manager of the year for what he did with Reading. They were great- never played defensive against the big sides; just played there own style and seemed to play without fear. Good team.

The relegation battle was reasonably interesting- I'm made up that Jewell managed to keep Wigan up.

The problem is with the Prem is that outside of the top four, with the possible exception of Spurs, the quality of the division is quite poor.

You only need to look at the teams who qualified in the last two places for the UEFA cup- Everton and Bolton. They play horrible, alehouse football that is nasty on the eye. Both teams have had gobshite managers (Until Sammy Lee's appointment), who blame every other fucker for their own misfortune. I mean. Allardyce saying that a referee needs mental help for his feelings towards 'poor old bolton', on live television, was embarassing. And as for Moyes, well where can you start? That tape of Johnson's 'penalties' was quite hilarious, although I'm sure he never intended it to be that way.

The point is- the rest of Europe will look at England's representatives in the European competions and with regard to Bolton and Everton think "is this the standard of the Premiership?"

I'd have much rather had Reading and Portsmouth in the UEFA cup- not just because of my hatred to both Everton and Bolton, but because they show the world that the standard of the Premiership, outside of the 'big four' is woeful at times.

Saying that though- if next season is the worst in the history of the division, as long as it means we have number 19, I couldn't give a flying fuck!

The mancs winning it wasnt surprising to me actually. They have some players that are at another level(ronaldo and rooney). They also have, like we say in Norway, Golden hair growing on their ass, a lot of decisions going their way, and at the end of the day, it counts, it never evens out. But talking about luck will only make me a bitter man, and it really isnt an excuse anyway, I'll have to say they deserved it. They played entertaining football and they were probably entertaing to watch for those who dont get instant nausea and have to switch off, like me.

Chelsea played destructive football once again, taking advantage of other teams making a mistake, and the quality of their players make sure that they take those opportunities. They didnt deserve to win it.

Liverpool started shit, and after that we were not really in it were we? We didnt play with belief away from home, and just didnt create enough chances. Like the last 6 years, what we need is good wingers. Benitez should be able to get that right this summer, now he has the money, so there is no excuse if the problem isnt fixed.

The rest of the teams are mostly shit. Reading have impressed, Berbatov is now the most overrated player on earth, and newcastle having spent more than us are still shit.

Glad Wigan made it, Shffield can fuck off down where they belong. Wish West Ham got relegated, mostly because of Tevez' price tag.

Im not too optimistic about next year. We need about 4 players to compete for nr 19 and I think the team will once again need time to click. If we buy the right players we will win nr 19 the season after the next.

A quick break down of the Premiership:

2 good sides

2 (on their day) good sides

16 bags of shite

It is the most overrated league in the world. In terms of being a competitive spectacle, the Premiership isn't even the best league in England.