You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team for Chelsea

Paco

------------------------------Reina-------------------------

Finnan--------------Carragher-------Hyypia-------------Riise

Pennant------------Gerrard---------Alonso------------Aurelio

--------------------Kuyt-----------Bellamy----------------

subs:

Crouch

Dudek

Zenden

Fowler

Agger

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we need to really have a go at them. It looks like Terry is still out which could mean Essien playing at the back in some capacity, if thats the case we need to play bellamy and kuyt to make sure the movement is good, that way they can be run ragged (as Carvalho seems to follow anyone) and Essien is out of position, also that means that Setvie should be able to get a hold of the midfield.

If Essien isnt going to play at the back to attempt to negate Gerrard, i would play crouch.

Guest davelfc
We'll batter them 3-0.

If we do then I'll buy your beer for the rest of your life!

(please note, for 'beer' read 'water' and for 'rest of your life' read one week)

We should be getting something. As good a team as Chelsea are they're in bits at the back and whenever it's tested it looks like my uncle's under 15's side would tear them apart.

We should be winning this one, although Chelsea will have a valid excuse as to why.

theres never been a better time to play themand beat them. Terry injured, all kinds of off the field problems.

reminds me of when we played united in the treble year and they were without stam, we beat them one nil at their place, Danny Murphy freekick. I knew we were gonna win that one and I knew Danny Murphy would score a free kick unfortunately I didn't get the score right.

they do have cech back in a helmet though which will help their defence, still if fucking geremi is at right and ferrara or essien in the centre we need to get at them early.

First corner, get in on cech, give him a nudge in the head. Really test him early doors. Same thing if the ball is played through and he comes out.

If they start moaning about it then Cech shouldnt be playing if there is a risk.

Same team as last week for me.Lets have a real go at them.

Essien has been superb at centre back but lets unleash crouchy,dirk and bellamy at them.

PS.if cech thinks his rugby hat will save him I seriously hope if there is a ball to be won we dont back out for the sake of his head.if hes fit enough to play he's fit enough for 50-50 challenges!