You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is the real king of beer?

Guest Gazmo25

Best Beer  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Best Beer

• Stella Artois - Wifebeater rules
    • Becks - Didi's tipple
    • San Miguel - Spain's best export after Rafa
    • Efes Pilsner - The Beer of Istanbul
    • Corona - The Lime makes it better
    • Carlsberg - Probably the best
    • Budweiser - King of Beers
    • Fosters - At least the Aussies are good at producing this
    • Czech Budvar - If you wanna get wrecked this helps...
    • Tennants Super - The Beer Of Tramps

As somebody who hasn't drank for six months up until very recently, I am currently back on the sweet taste of beer. What is the best though? Before I stopped drinking it was Stella or Corona when I was out and probably pints of Stella in Slaters before a game. This got me thinking, what is the top tipple for Reds????

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As somebody who hasn't drank for six months up until very recently, I am currently back on the sweet taste of beer. What is the best though? Before I stopped drinking it was Stella or Corona when I was out and probably pints of Stella in Slaters before a game. This got me thinking, what is the top tipple for Reds????

Hmm, I'm thinking this is a GF thread, but...

I feel I am qualified to respond, having recently had a liver biopsy and therefore was off the ale for a while too!! I have subsequently been given the all clear. Result.

In the pub, I like a drop of Guinness or bitter, where as at home, either some wine or premium bottled lager.

Pub beverage choice usually changes to cold lager in the summer, though.

4 bottles of Carlsberg Export tonight.

Hmm, I'm thinking this is a GF thread, but...

I feel I am qualified to respond, having recently had a liver biopsy and subsequently been given the all clear!!!

In the pub, I like a drop of Guinness or bitter, where as at home, either some wine or premium bottled lager.

Pub beverage choice usually changes to cold lager in the summer, though.

It probably is a general thread mate but football and beer go hand in hand. How bad is it though mate when you haven't had a jar for ages and you have a couple, like being sixteen again!

It probably is a general thread mate but football and beer go hand in hand. How bad is it though mate when you haven't had a jar for ages and you have a couple, like being sixteen again!

You're not wrong. I so deluded myself with the "Oh well, if the worst comes to the worst, I just won't be able to drink again, I'll be fine with that...." Load of shite...For the past 10 days or so, since the all clear, I've not been on any mad 10 pint benders, but the odd 2 or 3 pints here and there have been sooooo sweet.

and the biggest selling beer in the world Heineken ????

Heineken over here is shit Gav. Whenever I have been to Ireland (got family in Galway) Heineken is pure, top ale. Very rarely seen over here.

Thats cos its brewed in cork ;)

sure beats the bud , thats brewed in dublin :sick:

Sound Gav, always drink Heineken when in Galway. You don't really see it in Liverpool, only pub I have ever had it in is the Slaughter House.

Sound Gav, always drink Heineken when in Galway. You don't really see it in Liverpool, only pub I have ever had it in is the Slaughter House.

yer not far wrong mate , never had a pint of draught heineken in Liverpool , get bottles all right down in flanagans or o'neills but never seen it on draught

None of the above. Lager is for teenagers trying beer for the first time. They soon realise it's just gassy, cold chemicals that taste like washing up liquid.

Try Old Peculier, Hens Tooth and Hobgoblin. Or a pint of Hairy Helmet in the Dispensary. Failing that, good old Guinness.

I defy anyone to revert to drinking lager after they have tried any of those.

None of the above. Lager is for teenagers trying beer for the first time. They soon realise it's just gassy, cold chemicals that taste like washing up liquid.

Try Old Peculier, Hens Tooth and Hobgoblin. Or a pint of Hairy Helmet in the Dispensary. Failing that, good old Guinness.

So Hermes , You like sucking down a bit of hairy helmet ?????

As you all know I rarely drink, but....

Hobgoblin is good. Aboot the only thing I miss aboot living in Ontario (central Canada) is the ale store (LCBO). Absolutely awesome selection of ales/lagers from everywhere.

Sooo, here goes, in no particular order, beer and events:

Tusker (Africa-Kenya)- Good for sitting on the back porch when temperature is humid and 30C- it's like being on the serengeti.

Pilsner Urquell (Czech), Radegast (CZ), - no one does pilsners like the Czechs. No one.

Stella (B)- good for the afternoon- light, crisp and suck-em-backable

Marathon (GR)- for the philospher mood. Not bad.

1664 (Fr)- Never surrender the last can. The French do, though.

Duval (B)- Need to take a silence vow after wolfing back this Monk beer.

Amstel (NL)- glorified ginger ale.

Heineken (NL)- choice for the CL knockout phase. Excellent. My 'stranded on a desert island' beer.

Boretti (sp) (I)- stick to wine. Tried this one a few times and it's to fizzy, leading to hangover after just 4 bottles.

Aass (N)-good, Viking beer. Makes you want to carve a boat from the boreal forest and sail to Newfoundland.

Giraf (DK)- strong beer, very malty. Bad aftertaste.

Corona (MX)- fantastic, crisp and the beer of choice for the beach.

Dos Equis (MX)- poor cousin to Coronoa, but better than anyhting the Yanks have to offer, though.

Sol (MX)- see above.

Budweiser (USA)- Not bad for Yank beer, has a crispness to it.

Coors (USA)- The real Coors is good. Like a Rocky Mountain High.

A Marca Bavaria (Brazil)- Stick to football. Over fizzed and tasteless.

DAB (D)- Best of the German beers I reckon. And it's brewed in Dortmund! Love the 50cl cans- gulp-gulp-gulp.

Becks (D)- Too posh for me.

Lowenbrau (D)- Sold out to the American market. I actually thought it was a Yank beer (might even be??)

Actually, there are no poor German or Czech beers.

Carib (Trinidad and Tobago)- Not as good as Red Stripe, but always reminds me of CAribbean holidays.

Presidente (DR)- Dominican lager. Causes sunstroke. After 20 draughts. In the Dominican sun. At the resort. While playing beach volleyball.

And too many others to mention. Perhaps the best I ever had was a Ukranian lager. Can't remember the name, but I cleared out a few Liquor stores in Ottawa.

I think I love beer more than anything.