You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Subject: Jamie Bulger

kop

Might take some shit for this but I can't abide hearing or seeing the mother on the news. I can totally understand the level of hate she has for them and I'd be exactly the same' date=' but I don't want to keep hearing it, I don't see what it achieves.[/quote']

I agree mate but I also think that just shows you how raw it still is for her, even after all these years.

I don't think the media coverage of the two evil cunts has helped either.

"Mr Venables completed Call of Duty on expert mode, on the ps3, from his cell".

Guest San Don
It's a horrible situation, and I can fully understand the hatred she must have for them is undiluted by age. She does have an awful voice though, and every time I hear it I'm a little less sympathetic.

Fucking hell. And you have the gall to call others naive.

Have their faces as an adult ever been uncovered i.e released on the net ??

No. Their new identities are protected in law. No one is able to print their appearance now or their identities.

Might take some shit for this but I can't abide hearing or seeing the mother on the news. I can totally understand the level of hate she has for them and I'd be exactly the same, but I don't want to keep hearing it, I don't see what it achieves.

Have to say I agree with that. I'd actually prefer if such crimes were given minimal coverage, no public displays of emotion from complete strangers, no picking over every detail again and again, no fuss no fanfare, just what is necessary to catch the perpetrator, who will then vanish from society- never to be seen or heard from again.

20 years ago? Fuck that went quick.

I can remember the court case as I was doing a work placement at that awful inland revenue building over the road. The place ground to a standstill as everyone just watched out the window. There was huge media coverage and a load of people just turning up to see what aggro they could cause. One fella ran out the crowd with a brick and smashed it on the side of the van with one of them in it. I think that both were kept apart for as long as possible. It was properly grim, the weather was shite and there was a horrible atmosphere. People were still shocked that it had happened at the shopping centre down the road and that Bootle was suddenly the attention of the national and international media.

There were a few shithouse articles written about Liverpool in general without focussing on the actual issue that had brought them here in the first place.

She can be annoying but I can totally understand why she feels that she never got justice, however every time one of them puts in an appeal or is found to have done something out the ordinary she is straight back to the media. Her ex husband has only just now told his side of the story after remaining silent this whole time.

small point, was it not the media who called him Jamie? think his mum always called him James?

I was 10 at the time and remember it well, my nan lived within site of the strand and can remember the whole time, especially the searching of the canal etc.

its always sickened me, I havent got kids, but now ive got a little 2 year old nephew and thinking of anything like this happening to him makes me feel really sick to the stomach moreso.

I was 9 and our primary school had a few assembly's about it and the police came in for one of them and started going on about being well behaved and stuff.

Horrible times.

As for a few of the comments earlier in this thread, I think a few people need to take their petty fucking point scoring to a more suitable thread.

And stringvest - fucking awful comments about his mum there

Guest San Don
I apologise for the flip remark if anyone is offended.

Fair enough mate. We all shoot from the lip sometimes.

Just seen this on torygraph.

" Venables and Robert Thompson, who brutally murdered the toddler 20 years ago this week in Liverpool when they were just ten years old, are protected by an injunction granting them lifelong anonymity for fear of vigilante revenge attacks.

But a photograph purporting to show Venables smiling and unshaven at a birthday party was uploaded on to Twitter on Tuesday.

More than 100 Twitter followers re-tweeted the image. Some comments on the page, which have now been deleted, suggested he would be lynched by vigilante mobs on his release from prison.

It prompted an investigation by the Attorney General’s Office, together with police, prison authorities and the Ministry of Justice.

A spokesman refused to confirm or deny whether the picture was Venables. "

Attorney General probe over 'Jon Venables picture' published on Twitter - Telegraph

I can remember the court case as I was doing a work placement at that awful inland revenue building over the road. The place ground to a standstill as everyone just watched out the window. There was huge media coverage and a load of people just turning up to see what aggro they could cause. One fella ran out the crowd with a brick and smashed it on the side of the van with one of them in it. I think that both were kept apart for as long as possible. It was properly grim, the weather was shite and there was a horrible atmosphere. People were still shocked that it had happened at the shopping centre down the road and that Bootle was suddenly the attention of the national and international media.

There were a few shithouse articles written about Liverpool in general without focussing on the actual issue that had brought them here in the first place.

She can be annoying but I can totally understand why she feels that she never got justice, however every time one of them puts in an appeal or is found to have done something out the ordinary she is straight back to the media. Her ex husband has only just now told his side of the story after remaining silent this whole time.

Remember Anne Robinson's article in the Mirror?

I feel the same about Denise Bulger but understand.

Ralph has done it with a little more decorum in my opinion. He was meant to take Jamie to work with him that day and couldn't. I cannot even begin to imagine the guilt he will have carried for all this time and will continue to do so. Just as Denise will.

Horrific thing that happened, but I can understand why Denise keeps coming out to remind people, I just think she is still calling for blood under the justice banner, which having not experienced something of this level myself, it just makes me feel uneasy about her motives.

The two lads have grown up and served their sentence, one appears to have rehabilitated himself and there have been no reports about Thompson (that I am aware of) like there have been about Venables.

However would I feel the same if it was one of my kids (when I have them) that was the victim, I would like to think I could remain as liberal and open minded as I am now, but I think it would be very hard to keep quiet and not seek out the justice I felt they should have had that would lie deep down (life for a life etc)

I am a big believer in rehabilitation of offenders. However if Venables has broken his licence agreement once again then he should be kept inside for his and the public's safety as it appears he is in no position to be allowed back out.

Horrific thing that happened, but I can understand why Denise keeps coming out to remind people, I just think she is still calling for blood under the justice banner.

Great post - I agree with almost all of it.

It is a really difficult 'criticism' to make - but, I don't like the fact that Denise's understandable anger, is used to make the case against perceived 'soft justice' - she isn't qualified to make judgements on what has happend to them as children, she isn't a child psychologist so is unable to understand why it happend.

Just because you can understand someone's anger doesn't mean that it is correct. It is incredibly difficult to argue that a mother who has lost a son - shouldn't influence how the state deals with child murder and recividism - but she shouldn't because as horrible as it sounds - the state needs to take a holistic view not a personal one.

When the headlines are about Denise not believing that justice has been served, the narrative is that her belief is proof when it is isn't.

I see absolutely no reason why anybody needs to know what they both now look like (other than police and social workers etc) - I can understand why James Bulgers family want to know what they look like - but the rest of the public have absolutely no right to know.

Great post - I agree with almost all of it.

It is a really difficult 'criticism' to make - but, I don't like the fact that Denise's understandable anger, is used to make the case against perceived 'soft justice' - she isn't qualified to make judgements on what has happend to them as children, she isn't a child psychologist so is unable to understand why it happend.

Just because you can understand someone's anger doesn't mean that it is correct. It is incredibly difficult to argue that a mother who has lost a son - shouldn't influence how the state deals with child murder and recividism - but she shouldn't because as horrible as it sounds - the state needs to take a holistic view not a personal one.

When the headlines are about Denise not believing that justice has been served, the narrative is that her belief is proof when it is isn't.

I see absolutely no reason why anybody needs to know what they both now look like (other than police and social workers etc) - I can understand why James Bulgers family want to know what they look like - but the rest of the public have absolutely no right to know.

Sorry but I disagree with the last sentence. Same as Sarah's law, people have a right to know if people have a criminal past of that extreme, kids when it happened or not. What if one of them ends up marrying a woman who doesn't know what they did? And they have kids etc? People have a right to know and yeah there may be vigilantes but so be it.

Sorry but I disagree with the last sentence. Same as Sarah's law, people have a right to know if people have a criminal past of that extreme, kids when it happened or not. What if one of them ends up marrying a woman who doesn't know what they did? And they have kids etc? People have a right to know and yeah there may be vigilantes but so be it.

Nah - sorry but Sarah's law to me is nothing more than moral opium for the ignorant masses.

You don't have the right to know at all - they have served their punishment - it wasn't sexual in anyway so if there is no reason to believe they will reoffend then it is up to them who they tell.

Nah - sorry but Sarah's law to me is nothing more than moral opium for the ignorant masses.

You don't have the right to know at all - they have served their punishment - it wasn't sexual in anyway so if there is no reason to believe they will reoffend then it is up to them who they tell.

What about war criminals? Or anders breivik who will supposedly be out before 50, if he gets out and has had surgery are you saying he should be granted anonimety? I understand what your saying but it risks other lives being ruined without people knowing about these vermin.

What about war criminals? Or anders breivik who will supposedly be out before 50, if he gets out and has had surgery are you saying he should be granted anonimety? I understand what your saying but it risks other lives being ruined without people knowing about these vermin.

The state can deal with individuals - a law that is designed on those individual is different and would affect people who are not a danger or a threat.

Cases such as this are very rare and shouldn't influence the law in anyway - the focus should be on prevention and rehabilitation not the law. On a slightly different topic laws were introduced to deal with Terrorism and the majority of instances where this law has been implemented has been for non-terrorist incidents!

I don't need to know if their is a criminal next door - I need to know that the authorities are aware of him!

There will be vigilantes so be it? Are you for real?

People who have served their sentence should be allowed to get on with their lives. Rehabilitation is the key here and as long as somebody has been rehabilitated and served their sentence they should be allowed to get on with their lives in private.

A lad from by Nan's was dragged in for questioning during the investigation f James Bulger's murder because he had a history of petty crime. That was it.

None of the lads our age ever believed he was capable of killing a fly never mind a kid.

But that did not stop people going round smashing his families windows in, battering his sister and robbing the house and spraying 'killer' all over the front room after he had been released without charge.

Yeah vigilante's are fucking great aren't they eh?