You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (H) - EL Quarter Final, 1st leg - Thu 11th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

They’re human beings, not robots.

All the injuries combined with the fixture list has caught up with us now. A lot of people seem to think as long as a given player is on the pitch, everything is ok and he’ll deliver at his maximum level. 

Doesnt work like that, it’s caught up with us now, the intensity drops, and without the intensity we’re mediocre.

My point is that every time one of our forwards  has missed a chance in the late 2 months the lad show went a year without a goal has been built up into a hybrid of rush, lewandoski and van basten. He gets a pass, but so do others 

6 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

You are just a massively shit supporter. All you do is criticise and complain despite admitting that you don’t even watch the games. You are a fucking disgrace and should not ever complain about this team.

You're a fucking embarrassment and a total cunt. Still joint top of the league and you act like we are bottom of the league and have nothing left. 

Twat.

I've got you on ignore for a reason pinbadge Pete. You make out like your shite doesn't stink, but you're just a cunt.

Who the fuck do you think you are to say who should and shouldn't complain about the team? Who fucking died and made you king shit?

Hadaway and shite.

• Downvote 1

Just unprofessional again in a cup. Wrong team again, and that's on Jürgen, should have been playing with a team half made up of kids throughout the UEFA Cup and kept some senior players back, hungry and fresh, for the league.  I knew this would happen, when people were saying it was good to qualify for UEFA as it would mean resting senior players en masse, I knew that wouldn't happen it never does.  Jürgen should know better but I guess he was very keen to win it so I can understand why he put his faith in senior players.  They've let him down.

Need to get back at it in the league, it's not done yet but it will be very soon if they don't buck their ideas up.

Atalanta probably over-celebrated a bit at the end, but at least they enjoyed the moment. They were very good even though we were poor. 

Three goals looks a few bridges too far for us, even if we got any form at all together next week.

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

They’re human beings, not robots.

All the injuries combined with the fixture list has caught up with us now. A lot of people seem to think as long as a given player is on the pitch, everything is ok and he’ll deliver at his maximum level. 

Doesnt work like that, it’s caught up with us now, the intensity drops, and without the intensity we’re mediocre.

What injuries? Almost everyone was back tonight. 

10 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Salah can fuck off to Saudi.

Diaz can fuck off to PSG or wherever his dad says he wants to fucknoff to.

Nunez can fuck off to the moon.

Most of the rest can fuck off too. Weak cunts. Rebuild. 

The soft fucker would still Miss it. 

I struggle to see how we score 3 goals there, never mind trying to keep a clean sheet. It's still possible though so I'm not giving up hope that we can do it. Our players need to get past playing like this though and quickly.

Barring some short spells Salah has been poor since the Afcon in 2022. If we received a great offer last year, and that would have gone into the transfer funds pot, we should have sold him then.

Atlanta deserved it with how hard they worked & clinical they were.

Even though we were shite absolute shite we had chances to put 2 / 3 chances away Nunez is killing us not being more clinical & us not being able to keep a clean sheet. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

The soft fucker would still Miss it. 

He was still the only player on the pitch who looked like making or scoring anything for us. The one v one was a really poor finish, but once he went off we had fuck all

intensity and zero physical presence.

I’m assuming everyone who put mo’s poor form down to Ramadan will now say he ate too much at Eid?

We looked like we approached the game thinking we just had to turn up to win and then couldn't get out of that mindset. Everything was way too slow. Constant misplaced passes. Second to every challenge. Our finishing and decision making in the final third was abysmal (what's new?) The defending was embarrassing and the number of goals we are conceding is becoming a problem. Not one player comes out of it with any credit tonight. The performance of every player who was on the pitch for any length of time varied between poor and absolutely abysmal. 

I don't know if it's worth even bothering trying to turn it around in the second leg. We might as well just play the kids and save the legs of the senior players for the league matches. I certainly had my doubts that we would get the fairytale ending we all want for Klopp with us celebrating winning the league at Anfield on the final day of the season, but I did think we would give him a happy send off of sorts by winning the Europa League in his final match, righting a wrong from his very first season when we lost the Europa league final in Sevilla. Maybe this team just isn't anything special after all. It's starting to look like Klopp's glorious reign here is going to end with the quietest of whimpers rather than the loudest of bangs. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've got you on ignore for a reason pinbadge Pete. You make out like your shite doesn't stink, but you're just a cunt.

Who the fuck do you think you are to say who should and shouldn't complain about the team? Who fucking died and made you king shit?

Hadaway and shite.

You do it every single fucking match, you twat. You’ve already said you don’t even watch the games but still fucking moan. You are the perfect example of a shit supporter. 

Absolute gobshite.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fuck it. We’re winning 5-0 again next week.

I can see us scoring 4 or 5 it’s the not being able to keep a clean sheet is a joke. Even Utd scored on us twice