You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (H) - EL Quarter Final, 1st leg - Thu 11th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Again, we conceded far too many big chances. They created 7, fucking SEVEN big chancesw and only for some decent keeping, it could've been 5 goals against.

1.7 xg to their 3! Let that sink in, at home, to the 6th best team in Italy!

I echo what was said above, play the reserves next week. We've fulham, the bitters and West ham,a progressively set of harder fixtures, one after the other, in 6 days starting from Sunday week,3 days after the away leg.

Try win the game, but let's not kid ourselves, its over. No point wasting energy when we've that 3 game set directly after.

Again, what fucking way to end klopps European adventure at home.

I think a rebuild is way wide of the mark especially as any new manager will have a look first. But some will be under pressure now to perform, we are not getting the best out of a few and a few look overcooked currently. A CB, MF and Forward are still needed, Endo does a good job but he can be improved on. Left back could also be looked at by the new manager. Sounds like a rebuild? More a strengthening of the first team and squad.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

Again, we conceded far too many big chances. They created 7, fucking SEVEN big chancesw and only for some decent keeping, it could've been 5 goals against.

1.7 xg to their 3! Let that sink in, at home, to the 6th best team in Italy!

I echo what was said above, play the reserves next week. We've fulham, the bitters and West ham,a progressively set of harder fixtures, one after the other, in 6 days starting from Sunday week,3 days after the away leg.

Try win the game, but let's not kid ourselves, its over. No point wasting energy when we've that 3 game set directly after.

Again, what fucking way to end klopps European adventure at home.

To be fair mate that lineup from Klopp was atrocious.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Hopefully a new manager will get us to learn to defend again first and foremost.

Also we should be playing the kids. Their effervescent nature really helped out the team. We’ve been fucking stale since they stopped getting a look in.

Effervescent. Nice.

The lack of flags and resultant stale atmosphere maybe played a part? The last protest we had we were one nil up then lost 3-1 after the protest started.

Theres still bits that that doesn’t explain though.

27 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

We need stop letting the medical team dictate the team line up. Starting against sparta Prague full strength when already 5-1 up, but resting players here. Not like it's done us any favours

That won’t happen under a new manager we fucking molly coddle these players after injuries if a city player gets a knock he’s back in 10 days not fucking 10 weeks

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

The lack of flags and resultant stale atmosphere maybe played a part? The last protest we had we were one nil up then lost 3-1 after the protest started.

Theres still bits that that doesn’t explain though.

That was my worry didn’t give the opposition the feeling of a Anfield European night 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I think a rebuild is way wide of the mark especially as any new manager will have a look first. But some will be under pressure now to perform, we are not getting the best out of a few and a few look overcooked currently. A CB, MF and Forward are still needed, Endo does a good job but he can be improved on. Left back could also be looked at by the new manager. Sounds like a rebuild? More a strengthening of the first team and squad.

It will need to be a pretty significant rebuild again.  The clubs top scorer for the last god knows how many years needs replacing, question marks remain over virtually all the other forwards at the club.  A dominant midfielder is still needed and top class centre back is a must.  I'd also be looking at a new left back too

4 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

It will need to be a pretty significant rebuild again.  The clubs top scorer for the last god knows how many years needs replacing, question marks remain over virtually all the other forwards at the club.  A dominant midfielder is still needed and top class centre back is a must.  I'd also be looking at a new left back too

No he doesnt need replacing. 

Poor from klopp tonight terrible team to start like the majority of games this season I believe and I think his casual attitude rubs off on the team

Im looking forward to a new manager changing that 

Also these fucking stupid training pics of the players laughing and joking all the time and nearly every game slow starting you wouldn’t think it’s the business end of the season would you?

3 minutes ago, Code said:

I dont understand the team selection, it was a quarter final in the Europa League, not the League cup against a Championship team. 

Yup. Starting line up was bad. Taking Elliot was a mistake too. Playing Mac for 90 odd mins was taking the piss. 

Not to mention Konate who couldn't play at Old Trafford.

The starting line up for a European quarter final was ridiculous. We never got going and the subs couldn't get into the game. This loss is on the manager but he was also let down by a bunch of players who failed to put in a shift.

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'd put nearly every one of these useless cunts up for sale in the summer. It's like they want to play for klopp but not the shirt. They can all get fucked bar one or two. Embarrassing fucking shithouse wankers. 

That's an interesting observation.

10 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Exactly, we could easily be looking at 6 new first team players required if the funds were there. Seems dramatic but Klopp, as he's known for, has us better than the sum of our parts. Hopefully we can get a manager that can do similar but we can't be kidding ourselves that Jürgen isn't a total one off.