You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

In every single game this season, we should have beaten them. I won't say 'blown them away,' but I mean that. The fact we didn't, well, that poses questions for a new manager and a new season, but there's simply no point in dwelling on it. Move on. Deal in what we can still deal with.

• Upvote 1

Relieved to not get beat but can’t help but feel downhearted. 

I just think in the last few games, it’s been noticeable that some players are feeling the extra pressure of being in a title race.

Some perspective is definitely need though. If somebody offered us this position in August, we would have definitely taken it , which tells us the players have exceeded our expectations. The reason we are in this title race, is because of the players who played today, so have some fucking respect.  

When the fuck is Jota back by the way? He would have mopped up those type of chances today.  Although I agree with earlier comments that we shouldn’t always need to score 2/3 goals to win a game.

My opinion  (2 hours after the game) is that we may just fall short. However , Im doing my best to remain calm. We all know it’s a rollercoaster of emotions and that the next couple of weeks could bring a completely different outlook! 

Up the fucking reds 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Man U have won 1 of their last 5 league games. 

I guarantee they won't win their next league game. 

Why do we make them look good?

And the one game they did win was Everton at home, which they spawned. 

1 minute ago, razor said:

They'll put 6 past that Man Utd team, mate.  We're not clawing that difference down.

And we don’t have the games coming up to give teams a thrashing I’m afraid today was our last chance 

14 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

We didn't. They looked fucking shite but we gifted them a draw through poor decision making and a lack of clinical edge.

• Upvote 1

It was nothing to do with a mental block today or in the cup. It’s our forwards fucking around in front of goal in the big games which leads to thw rest of the team getting frustrated with them and the other team getting a bit of confidence from it. Sheff utd of all teams done the same the other night.

This isn’t new under Klopp either. Was the same when we went on that terrible losing streak the other year at Anfield. Teams would hang on, watch us get annoyed then break and score a winner with 10 mins to go. 

It’s the inability to switch players who are getting no joy that kills us. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Shit for Quansah as this will go down as the Mainoo-Quansah derby.

Their young lad scores a screamer while ours gives one away - bad day.

I know who is winning long term.....

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Because we are a short term panacea that excuses their medium term lethargy. 

Why run hard for 5 games when you just run hard in Liverpool games and be celebrated. 

• Upvote 1

At the start of the season I would be surprised if anyone in this thread would have truly believed that we would be second by goal difference with seven games to go. Or that we would have a kid named Quansah partnering VVD in central defence and another kid playing right back for a vital game at Old Trafford.

Please don't let this incident destroy Quansah's career.

Remember also that Mo is observing Ramadan, and that, unlike the mid-week game, he wasn't able to break his fast during the game, maybe even unable to take on fluids at half-time. Not sure how it works but it can only have impaired his performance.

And we bossed the game.

The only thing wrong was that our forwards were firing blanks for most of the game. I can't recall their keeper having to make any worldy saves so it comes back to our own limitations.

I hope we do win the league but deep down I know this group are not ready to do it yet. We are being driven by the desire to give Kloppo the send off he deserves. Still, I will keep my fingers crossed because it's football and anything can happen. As someone once said, "It's a funny ol' game".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

We keep getting the players coming out saying Klopp leaving gives them more motivation, the FA Cup game gives us motivation, and it's invariably followed up by some half arsed performance.

anybody who believes anything a teen or twenty something millionaire tells you deserves the disappointment that inevitably results.  

30 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Because we are United's only reason to try their hardest. We used to do exactly the same to them. Traditionally the team achieving more success at the time tends to do much better than expected in head to heads.

17 minutes ago, Solsbury Hill said:

Relieved to not get beat but can’t help but feel downhearted. 

I just think in the last few games, it’s been noticeable that some players are feeling the extra pressure of being in a title race.

Some perspective is definitely need though. If somebody offered us this position in August, we would have definitely taken it , which tells us the players have exceeded our expectations. The reason we are in this title race, is because of the players who played today, so have some fucking respect.  

When the fuck is Jota back by the way? He would have mopped up those type of chances today.  Although I agree with earlier comments that we shouldn’t always need to score 2/3 goals to win a game.

My opinion  (2 hours after the game) is that we may just fall short. However , Im doing my best to remain calm. We all know it’s a rollercoaster of emotions and that the next couple of weeks could bring a completely different outlook! 

Up the fucking reds 

I think today shows why we will fall short too many missed chances and sloppy at the back BUT if you offered me our position at start of the season id snap both your hands off so we are very much bang in this and lets give it everything and can we please get Jota back especially for those tricky away games

• Upvote 1

No doubt those gut-bucketed fried chicken Gooner devotees, Slobbo and Fucko, or whatever they call themselves, when they're not trying to pretend they're really from Jamaica, excite themselves, in the absence of any women venturing into their oily-paunched personal spaces, to the point where they're almost dribbling ready for Piers Morgan to do his worst with them. They can feck off into the fantastic metaverse they came from, and be haunted forevermore with celestrial re-runs of George Graham's team 'going through the motions' while their own chants of 'HOOF!' bleeds their ears.

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Did the ref miss that five on one at home to Arsenal? Did the ref cause the mixup between Alisson and Van Dijk away at Arsenal? Did the ref score Luton’s goal for them at Kenilworth Road? Sure we’ve had more than our fair share of shit decisions this season but we could have been miles clear regardless of the PGMOL dickheads. It’s on us.

Good post. I’m so bored of people blaming the ref. Every game we don’t win somebody will blame the officials. Every forum for every club has these people so in total every ref on every game is bias against both teams.

. I genuinely don’t know why people  bother watching if they think it’s fixed in advance. 

• Upvote 1

All young players do have bouts of inconsistency, and this, with a lack of game experience, did for Quansah and, to an extent, for Bradley today.  Less forgivable was the feckless and brain dead attacking play

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HazelyCosmicJove said:

At the start of the season I would be surprised if anyone in this thread would have truly believed that we would be second by goal difference with seven games to go. Or that we would have a kid named Quansah partnering VVD in central defence and another kid playing right back for a vital game at Old Trafford.

Please don't let this incident destroy Quansah's career.

Remember also that Mo is observing Ramadan, and that, unlike the mid-week game, he wasn't able to break his fast during the game, maybe even unable to take on fluids at half-time. Not sure how it works but it can only have impaired his performance.

And we bossed the game.

The only thing wrong was that our forwards were firing blanks for most of the game. I can't recall their keeper having to make any worldy saves so it comes back to our own limitations.

I hope we do win the league but deep down I know this group are not ready to do it yet. We are being driven by the desire to give Kloppo the send off he deserves. Still, I will keep my fingers crossed because it's football and anything can happen. As someone once said, "It's a funny ol' game".

Echo tomorrow. 

"Liverpool save millions, Salah like a new player after Ramadan ends and has a fat scran."

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

In every single game this season, we should have beaten them. I won't say 'blown them away,' but I mean that. The fact we didn't, well, that poses questions for a new manager and a new season, but there's simply no point in dwelling on it. Move on. Deal in what we can still deal with.

I agree regarding moving on this year with Klopp's staff, but the club need to have a real look into why at some grounds over time we perform so much more poorly than relative positions/strength of squads would suggest, as it will always be a major road block to us winning the league.

From the Manchester City (more recent phenomena due to state backing), Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea away games in a standard season we pick up around 2 to 3 points. So from the start we are losing about 8 to 9% of the points we can accrue. It's not ideal. 

These teams are virtually ever presents in the league (though Everton do seem to be trying their best to get out of this), I find it a bit strange that this never really seems to come up, everyone just always wafts their hands at the notion of 'oh it's a rival' or 'always one of the toughest aways' regardless of how those respective teams are performing.

Is the psychological approach to the fixtures correct? what is our preparation like? Is there something our staff. medical teams and analysists could be doing in advance?

Everyone took the piss out of the Arteta attempt at approximating Anfield at training, but in their last two games they have got draws with us at home, which undoubtedly is mainly due to their recruitment spend sailing close to the PSR wind alongside the inevitable improvement of the squad that brings, but perhaps he is thinking more systemically about the way they approach grounds they've had poor results at previously.

I'd sell Salah this summer if a Saudi offer came in.  TBH I'd have sold him last summer.  I'm a cunt like that. 

Such a shame for Doak and Gordon, injuries have fucked their development and it's likely they won't make it here now, in my opinion. Would have been great to have those options off the bench to get in behind defences. 

22 minutes ago, Red74 said:

It was nothing to do with a mental block today or in the cup. It’s our forwards fucking around in front of goal in the big games which leads to thw rest of the team getting frustrated with them and the other team getting a bit of confidence from it. Sheff utd of all teams done the same the other night.

This isn’t new under Klopp either. Was the same when we went on that terrible losing streak the other year at Anfield. Teams would hang on, watch us get annoyed then break and score a winner with 10 mins to go. 

It’s the inability to switch players who are getting no joy that kills us. 

Are you sure? 

We have had a team over the last while (say 6 odd years) that have been demonstrably been better than Manchester United and we've managed two victories over about 11 games at Old Trafford. One of which was behind closed doors, and the other was a major blow out at the fag end of a poor managers reign.

I think the club need to really dig into this, I don't particularly get the impression much has been done on it, given how often it looks like the approach is looks like 'just think of it as another league game'.

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

And another thing.

I presume Alisson can stand upright.  If so, I want him in our goal.  Just his presence would help now. 

When he gets his leg sewn back on